Poll: (Paladins ONLY) What is your DPS range? [5 player heroics]

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: POLL: Your DPS

POLL: Your DPS

Vote your DPS range for 5 player heroics ONLY!

Type of DPS: General pulls (2-5 mobs)

15+ Year Old Account

Re: POLL: Your DPS

too much factor to say, whats the boss fight? whats your group?
    anyway between 2k and 12k :P
    Loken yesterday 6k, boss dont last long enough for my stack to get up and rv rolling

I recently noticed how horrible some retardins can be. My main spec is a tank, I've never changed spec for about the past 6 or 7 months (didn't even have dual spec, no need for it) but I got kind of bored the other day so I bought it, switched up to ret and put on some ret gear I had lying around.. I managed to pull 3k-3.5k dps in a normal 5 player heroic all together, around 4k on bosses..

the sad part is, half of my gear is still my tank gear. why am I #1 in DPS when my gear is complete crap?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hoof&cn=Uthera

also, question, how do you guys manage to pull so much DPS as prot? I use the 969 rotation and I'm 219-232 geared. I can only average 2.5k and sometimes hit 3k dps, but I'm using all of my abilities to the best of their ability (for threat generation, not dps).. is there really a 2k DPS difference? I mean, I keep up my holy shield and conc 95% of the time

As Nien said, there are way too many factors to make a blanket statement like that.
    -If the heroic involves portals, like Nexus, your DPS is lower.
    -If the heroic involves checkpoints, like CoS, your DPS will fall but you're overall damage will be retardedly high.
    -If the heroic has none of these restrictions and your tank chain pulls large packs of mobs, the sky is the limit for DPS.

Given the broad spectrum of possibilities, I posted 5-6k. It is very rare for me to be below 5k.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I know this is a pally thread but...

Blood DK pulled 8300 on loken... wearing 232 badge gear (w Quel'delar). Rogue in my group hit 8600. We downed him right before his first nova. I remember when that guy was a pug demoralizer.

But thats the stars aligning, can usually pull 6K on bosses and 4200 average over a whole instance.

Boss fights or overall? Ae grinding or single target? To broad of a question o answer
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xog
    also, question, how do you guys manage to pull so much DPS as prot? I use the 969 rotation and I'm 219-232 geared. I can only average 2.5k and sometimes hit 3k dps, but I'm using all of my abilities to the best of their ability (for threat generation, not dps).. is there really a 2k DPS difference? I mean, I keep up my holy shield and conc 95% of the time
    Some prot pallys that run a lot of heroics like to spec 3/5 Reckoning and put a point into Seal of Command. For instances like CoS, your DPS will be insane because every pull is a large group and your are cleaving everything with Hammer of the Righteous and Seal of Command.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentXXX
    That is horrible there r pallys that beat my dps :'(
    With equal gear, this should only be the case on fights with multiple targets. Seal of Cleave and Divine Storm are pretty OP for heroics and multiple mobs. No ramp-up time and some huge numbers. Unfortunately, most tanks can't get the necessary aggro for a ret pally to survive long while dealing that much damage to that many targets.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I reset the poll with a specific type of DPS category. re-vote for more accuracy

I do high prot damage in heroics by not giving 2 shits about survivabilty. I don't 969 at all. I keep hor on cd and try to have 5 mobs at all times, including boss fights. No reason to kill all the trash and then single target a boss.
    Pondering returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    I do high prot damage in heroics by not giving 2 shits about survivabilty. I don't 969 at all. I keep hor on cd and try to have 5 mobs at all times, including boss fights. No reason to kill all the trash and then single target a boss.
    do you find your most often used abilities HoR, AvenSh, and Conc?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Seal of Command on trash + Luck of the Draw = up to 10k.
    You do the rest of the math.
    Naaren, Savior of Azeroth

when I was a little kid, my mother told me not to stare unto the Sun...
    ...so once when I was six, I did.

had 8k dps on devourer of souls, that was with hero and ofc i went like all in so we had some deaths ^^
    got up to 11k on trash without wings today in forge of souls as well. expect it to be much higher with 2set.

Quote Originally Posted by Xog
    do you find your most often used abilities HoR, AvenSh, and Conc?
    Yep. And sor. I basicaly only judge to get jow on the mob to get mana since it hits like a handfull of rice.
    Pondering returning.

Where the Hell is the options for Holy? I've been known to out DPS really bad random dungeon DPSers just to make them feel like crap. :P
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Where the Hell is the options for Holy? I've been known to out DPS really bad random dungeon DPSers just to make them feel like crap. :P
    There there now.

Regarding the OP, it varies wildly depending on the situation. Anywhere from 4k to 14k+ depending on the the 5-man heroic, 10-man, 25-man raid situation. Don't really know what to give you with such a broad question.

EDIT: Just noticed you changed it. 5-man heroics...mkay. :P Anwhere from 4k to to 12k+ depending on the situation. Got as high as 12.5k on a recent Pit of Saron trash pull.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

6k+ is where I end overall for the instance...5 man pulls if I pop wings can get me up to 11k but shit dies to fast.

Over 6k in ICC 5men heroic boss. over 5k in mob fights. (sometimes 6k)

Can someone review my talents and tell me how I can increase my DPS as a tank? I'm only shelling out 1.5k-2.5k even on group pulls. I use a 969 rotation. I hold very good threat, I have people doing 5k+ DPS in my groups normally, and I almost never lose aggro. When I do lose it, it's because there's a 4th mob getting DPS'd while my attacks limit me to the other three. Even then though, it's a very quick taunt and SotR and I'm back on top of threat..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dhoof&n=Uthera

Edit: I just noticed there's a glitch in my glyphs. Those are not mine at all, in fact I don't think I've ever had them before.

Poll needs higher DPS options :P

6k+ simply does not do me justice.