Is prot/holy dead in 2v2?

Hey folks,

I play with an arms warrior in 2v2 and we've been hitting between 1750-1850 most of the season. My spec is a 19/52/0

Lately however our rating has been tanking. I've had some latency issues the last couple weeks which cost us some matches but finally got that worked out. Last night I expect to get back up from the 1711 we'd fallen to, instead got hammered down to about 1680.

My warrior just doesn't seem to be taking the opponents down as quick and I can't seem to keep both of us up indefinitly. What's changed??

I took a look at SK gaming, there seem to be a lot more deep Holy/Arms 2v2 teams and amost no prot/holy-arms 2v2 teams......Did I miss something recently? Was patch 3.3 the straw that broke Prot's back?

Re: Is prot/holy dead in 2v2?

you missed alot, the whole point of prot/holy pvp was the talent that gave you a ton of sp from your stamina, so paladins would stack ridiculous amounts of stamina, only to be rewarded with ridiculous amounts of spell power, making their Flash of Light very powerful, with the new patch resilience has changed to where it reduces damage taken from ALL damage, not just DoTs, that as well as the new gear should be explaining the lack of damage from your warrior, and along with the new gear, and 2piece/4piece bonus', prot healing just isnt enough anymore, sure you can never go oom still, but you will last alot longer going deep holy

Yes it's kinda dead, and thank god for that.

Thanks for that unfortunate (for me) piece of info.

Well, here's my current holy build, I think it's pretty standard but hasn't been updated since patch 3.1 or so. If you recommend any modifications specifically for 2v2 let me know.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...enclod&group=2

the 52/19/0 holypvp specc i use is in my armory link in the sig.

its basically the same specc i used since S5 for pvp with some new flavor i picke dup from bellligentz or somename.

he is a really good holypally. you can find his vids on youtube.

There's these things called patchnotes.
    "Attractive blonde Rita Skeeter, forty-three, whose savage quill has punctured many inflated reputations…"