Dk's and the LFG system

Bit of incoming QQ here. First, DK's. WTF is wrong with you all. I know it's not all, some are great, know what they are doing, etc...but 90% of the DK's I have ended up being put in a random with are some of the most fail players on the planet.

Example: hCoT. DK tank. Only had 20k health. Said was def capped, which was. Said he knew how to tank. DK proceeded to run around hitting the non elite trash, not going towards the spawn, not taunting elites off of ppl, and the best part...didn't use, or know what death & decay was.

Example: Random dungeon...dk sits in doorway, afk until about 3 minutes before we can boot him. Who(regardless of class) does some dumb shit like that? Also, when he did pull up...was pulling 659dps and not even using half his abilities.

I have a new found hate for all dk's. Epic fail.

Now the LFG thing. Whats the deal with it putting ppl with extremely high gear in groups with players who are in quest greens/dungeon blues? Crap isn't even remotely matching players based on gear as it is intended to do. The system needs a fix fast. Nothing is worse than getting in a fail group b/c your healer is in greens. Half the random's I'm in, I can't even aoe b/c the tank can't keep aggro. But a better geared tank could. Why there isn't something like an ilvl range I dunno. There needs to be, and it needs to be more specific as in not letting players with a 5k gs(yes, fuck gearscore but I don't know how blizz determines theirs) be put in groups with 2k gs players. Efffff that...good day

Re: Dk's and the LFG system

Erm, hate to be blunt here but perhaps if you refuse to deal with the occaisional unexperienced/undergeared player then perhaps random pug 5 mans aren't for you? I'd suggest getting 5 guildies together and queueing up with that.

On a side note, there is no reason to make sweeping generalizations about the dk class. If anyone has an excuse to not know their class, it's the one that hasn't been around for 5 years, and has 55 fewer levels of time to learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by derail
    What do you expect when you can start a dk at level 55. Of course every downy with a subscription would prefer to start at level 55 rather than playing a real class from level 1.

dks are the biggest mistake blizzard ever made. instead of increasing the tanking population pool, they just lumped all the baddies who think "deth nights are cool" into one class.

Are you really surprised?
    Ahem... you need a prior 55+ to make a DK, just FYI

Elitist Group addon. Tells you what GS won't!

Quote Originally Posted by twrule
    Erm, hate to be blunt here but perhaps if you refuse to deal with the occaisional unexperienced/undergeared player then perhaps random pug 5 mans aren't for you? I'd suggest getting 5 guildies together and queueing up with that.

On a side note, there is no reason to make sweeping generalizations about the dk class. If anyone has an excuse to not know their class, it's the one that hasn't been around for 5 years.
    Quote.

To be honest, and trying to not sound like a Troll here, not easy to do. But Deathknights got all the Huntards. The main reason I know this is, people with a Death Knight avatar still post in the Hunter Forums and a Melee Huntard isn't easy to find anymore. It is a contributing factor to why Death Knights have the same Reputation as a Classic or BC Hunter.

The way I see it is that you can say that about any class. If you have a horrendously bad time with a DPS warrior for example you will have an automatic hatred for them too. It just happens that most people THINK most DKs fail just because they don't like the fact they are "capable" of better DPS than most.

I'm a hunter, we had it bad in TBC. Now it's their turn!

Quote Originally Posted by derail
    What do you expect when you can start a dk at level 55. Of course every downy with a subscription would prefer to start at level 55 rather than playing a real class from level 1.

dks are the biggest mistake blizzard ever made. instead of increasing the tanking population pool, they just lumped all the baddies who think "deth nights are cool" into one class.

Are you really surprised?
    Well, at least the Rogue and Hunter population got cleaned up... the Paladin one not so much, for some reason.

Sure, they might not be the greatest tanks. But having names such as XxArthasxX and xSephirothx is totally awesome.

I haven't came across too many bad ones. But when I do, they are absolutely horrible. Was on my pally and joined a random with a DW frost tank. He had 22k hp buffed, did a whole 1k tps if he was lucky. I pulled ago with auto attack... Not only was he using two fast weapons, he didn't even have the DW talent. And the best part was when I noticed he had been in blood pressense the whole time. I got in an argument with him as to why he should be using frost pressense to tank instead of blood. Apparently you get more threat in blood because you "do more damage" and you can also heal yourself...

yup, i know what you mean, its gotten to the stage now where i can actually remember the good DK's who i have pugged with, there are some savage ones out there, it just takes a while to find em
    Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warriorbest thread ever
    [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/*updated*icecrown-what-really-happened-spoilers-ahead-!/]http://www.mmo-c

I play a Dk as my main now, played a rogue/mage/hunter all level capped and all raid experienced before Dks came along.

That said, there are some horribly bad DKs out there, when I run on my mage, I seem to bump into a few. There are also horrible players of every class out there, but it does seem to be more DK than any other.

True you have to have a level 55 to make a DK, but that used to mean something, it really doesn't anymore and it might not be always the fault of the player. The game is different than it was in Vanilla, how many of you guys have made an alt and tried to get groups for lower level dungeons? It's pretty hard to get from my experience, most of the levels are gained through quests and even tho it has been that way for a long time, in vanilla we still had more group experience than new players would have today.

That could be a big part of why a lot of DKs are so fail, they quest a character to lvl 55, make a DK and repeat all the way to 80 while having little to no group/dungeon experience, and we all know leveling all the way with quests teaches you almost nothing about how to play your class in a dungeon or raid.

I must say that the worst I have yet to meet in a PuG was a 546 (consistent) dps shadow priest.

I also met a 900dps fury warrior, but he came across as a nice guy with his attitude and willingness to learn.

All in all, there are bad people playing each and every specc/class combo out there. Death Knights are just usually generalized because of their late appearance, and the considerably less time people have had to learn them. But in general I'd say that too large a player base cannot be bothered to spend extra time reading about their class and theoretics, and just take the crap as they go along. If I have constructive advice, I usually tell them how to do things. But mostly it's a class I don't know how to play myself.

So in short, if you can help them out, do it. If they refuse help, it's their problem Everyone gets better in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    It will be the first ground mount to carry more than 2 players. It will require at least one other worgen player to operate and can carry up to 2 non-worgen players.

I think it will be called [Harness]
    - On Worgen Mounts