Going Worgen when Cataclysm launches

I've been really considering of switching my NE rogue to Worgen once the expansion is out. Just wondering on who is planning on doing the same and to discuss how much of a dps increase we could possibly get with the racials. Last time I checked it was increased physical attack and a short speed boost ability.

Want to hear some thoughts on this. Discuss.

Second update below: (The true dilemma in question)

Putting all random internet stupidity on the side, there is some real purpose if Blizzard DOES indeed make Worgen an attractive race.

Allow me to elaborate.

I play in the Blackrock server within the Bloodlust battlegroup. Even before the faction change, there was always more horde than alliance, something around a 5:4 or so. Now, after faction change, it is 7:3 horde. And just looking down the list at Warcraft realms you can tell most servers are outnumbering alliance with horde.

Besides the numbers, there has always been a negative stigma with the alliance and thoughts of alliance being the weaker race. To put it bluntly, most people favor the horde from my experience.

With this in hand I can get back to my initial point. Which is that I feel Blizzard should make the alliance appeal to the masses and actually give an incentive for a horde player to go alliance. You can tell they are clearly giving alliance the aesthetic advantage with the worgen. But we also need the good racials, alliance needs it.

I don't want to have to go horde just because I can get a raid in a fraction of the time it takes for alliance. Or for a bigger amount of rare items for sale which are more scarce on underpopulated alliance. And as of this writing, alliance is boycotting wintergrasp and we have been unable to do VOA in months. I mean really... WTF Blizzard?

This topic started out specifically for the rogue class, though I find it awsome to be a worgen rogue, this is clearly of a much bigger scale.

It comes down to this. Blizzard sacrificed server balance and therefore the enjoyment of it's players to make a large load of money or AKA greed. Now you can have both alliance AND horde characters on a single pvp server, I've lost great respect for Blizzard. The least they can do now is give alliance a reason to exist.

Re: Going Worgen when Cataclysm launches

ahh bro i think your about to get flamed on, be prepared!

the rest of the races racials are likely to be changed to be brought up to par with goblin and worgens so your post is premature
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    /bitchslap
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Fuck you, I was working.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannandorf1
    the rest of the races racials are likely to be changed to be brought up to par with goblin and worgens so your post is premature

Good point. I'd actually hope for that to be so. Maybe my drood will have more than a nerfed health and a stomp stomp. The 465 herb is great... but useless. Maybe having herbs, patterns, and the like for people with extra points in a profession? A 460 enchant? It'd be a cool specialty.

[Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black]

God fucking damnit man, you're the 500th person to make this same fucking thread... ZOMGOSH 1% DAMAGE + SPRINT I MUST RACE CHANGE, Watuya think?

100 RL american dollars says they nerf the racials at the end of beta or right at release once they meet their desired level of "omg awesome race" hype. They seem to be making racials weaker as of late, I doubt they'd turn around and buff 8 races because they introduced 2 OP ones.

I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped people from changing to Goblins or Worgen as a LOT of people will do it.

Deleted

Rofl, stupid thread :P flame inc.. 5 months after release you can Race change to goblin or worgen.

Going to have to let people get "realm first" achievements the hard before they allow it. I bet two maybe three. Screw that Tauren Paladin FTW!

Where are the twilight haters?

Guys, its quiet... to quiet...

OMIGOD IT HAS GLITTERS IN THE SUN!
    Conquered and claimed the epic Chex thread and turned into a lolkitty and failpicture thread making it produce more then 10 pages every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfade
    I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped people from changing to Goblins or Worgen as a LOT of people will do it.
    Exactly the opposite, they'll make commercials about it with a celeb looking like a goblin and/or furry so they'll have the half community switch and get loads of money for nothing.

(actor from Twilight does his dialogue) Change races now at worldofwarcraft dot com! rated t for twilight...
    Conquered and claimed the epic Chex thread and turned into a lolkitty and failpicture thread making it produce more then 10 pages every minute.

Worgen are a gimmick.
    The racials will probably be nerfed prior to launch, and even if they aren't I would still take Every Man for Himself, Diplomacy and Perception over 1% inc. dmg and 1 tick off a DoT any day.

Uther- Our bads are better than your bads.