Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Warrior Feeling

I am not sure that this post belongs in this thread but here it goes.

I am sure that all WoW players, even those with mutiple level 80 equaly geared chars, have one char of a certain class wich they consider thier main. Usually when we chose our main we chose it based on its class, a class wich has a mechanic or background we like and enjoy playing.

Blizzard clearly stated then when they design the classes, an important aspect is how the players feel when they play their chars.

I often see people playing druids, paladins, shamans etc. singing odes about their classes versatility, power, lore background, mechanic etc.

You can see that these people have a feeling for the class they play, like when you drive a sports car or collection car, you feel its power or its magnetism. With many classes blizzard managed to give a certain feeling to the players.

With warriors i think it has failed, better said it simply broke to feeling the class had.

Back in Vanilla you knew that when you put that shield up, you where tank, the guy to whom everyone turned to when shit gone down the drain. This persisted to some extent in the TBC aswell, and then also arms shined, you knew that when you grabed your 2 hander, you could pummel things into the ground, and when you steped into a BG you did not feel like a victim, that everyone was looking for to smash into pieces.
    Fury never was really great, it was not the very best dps and never really managed to fit in, during the Age of CC, of the TBC, and was considered more or less always a wannabe rogue, the raids retarded little brother, who was not the best dps, was not really of any use, and was a danger to your carefully sat up CC.
    But still the spec had that feel of a madman running up and down smacking 3 things in the same time, luaghing like a retard while doing it. Arms felt exactly as blizzard once stated soldierly, you felt like the guy in plate going out looking for a fight.

In TBC while fury never shined as a PvP spec, you never would feel like if you come out from behind that pillar you would be blown up instantly by anything you come across.

Today, fury is a joke in pvp, Arms can do decently in certain set ups, but is just a pain in 2v2 as you spend your entire existance in Sheep/Nova/Roots/Cyclone. Prot gives you certain versatility in and out of PvP, but it does not feel as safe for PvE as it used to before. Even if you think your doing okey, there are always healers telling you that you are hard to heal that they prefer something else tanking etc. (I dont tank, besides heroics, faceroll naxx and the first half of Ulduar, and some back in the TBC i did not tank much.

And as of Fury/Arms PvE, you are considerd once more the raids retarded little brother, for dps Dks are better if ya must take a plate melee, and ofc Paladins have dozens of way in wich they can be usefull. (They even have an entire encounter, Anub Hardmode, designed around their abilities.)

And as of Arms in BGs, i feel like a target dummy just waiting to be torn apart by the first paladin/Caster that i come across. I spend all my time either dodgin pairs of casters, dodging paladins, or praying for heals. I dont say that i cant kill anything, or that i am not a danger, but somehow it feels like i am the one that all ranged and paladin goes for first, because they know how easy i am to kill. I dont think that a plate class should spend half its pvp game time dodging and hiding from stuff. Now i dont talk about being abile to charge a group of 5 and kill 3 before i go down, but something more along the line that i dont die in 3 seconds when 2 ppl decide to hit me in the same time. And i do Bgs in full Furious (i am only a casual pvper, but i dont suck at it, and usually only do arenas to get the low rating set as it comes out.)

Is it me who feels unsecure about my class or this is how others also feel about their warriors?

DO YOU STILL FEEL THE WAY YOU DID ABOUT YOUR WARRIOR?

Re: The Warrior Feeling

I basically feel that warriors are the most worthless class in the game. Our AoE tanking is subpar, other plate melee are better, we can't heal, and we get destroyed in pvp. Heck, Pallies have "bubble" which saves their arse, what do we have?

My feelings on my warrior have changed a lot. I recently started playing him again, as he had been on the shelf since Kara and I started playing my Shaman (who is loads of fun). Warriors just seem to be missing something. Could there be a more boring class? Maybe my thoughts will change. Like I said, I just started playing with him again and I'm already sick of "your threat sucks" "GOSH, why'd I get a warrior tank in this random." I'm sure there are countless people who are warrior fanatics, but for me, they seem to be lacking in several areas.

you picked a bad time to come back... Warrior tanking atm for the middle ranges in TPS is very stressful since every scrub in the game blames the healer / tank first for everything... even if its a "sh** happens scenario.

My warrior is still and will always be my favorite class to play. Its changed. I die a lot. I get replaced in raids a lot... shelved like an antique has been... but I enjoy it still. I have played a lot of 80's in wow, and none of them have held the challenge to excel facing all odds against you like the warrior POST bc.

If you want to face roll then roll a flavor of the patch class. or if you have multiples then switch mains,. but I personally will suffer through being on the bottom tier of OP when I can still kill some gnome warlocks. Why thats my thing ill never know,but when i stop killing gnome warlocks ill post a hate post to celebrate.

AoE tanking as a warrior is not lacking at all. I do around 4.5K dps on AoE trash as a prot warrior. No one even gets CLOSE to peeling off me. As far as single target threat, forget about it. Untouchable.

When you want to compare to paladins, I have both, and I seriously like paladin cooldowns over warriors. But the bottom line is, specced and glyphed right you can get some nice short CDs and just do your thing. If you play a warrior now, and you did since Vanilla like I have, you should appreciate the changes made to the class. Charging in combat, shield slam actually being good, devastate, shockwave, i can go on and on. I remember in Vanilla I used an arms build down to sword spec to tank and did fine. In BC the class started to shape up and, imho, it really has become an amazing class to play.

Rose tinted glasses just make people remember a different time, when everyone was bad and being slightly good made you a God.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik

Is it me who feels unsecure about my class or this is how others also feel about their warriors?
    Its you.

Warriors are fine . You either need better gear , get better or just reroll to one of those classes you feel has way more advantages then you . Then if your still getting owned. well..

I love my warrior, I only did dps towards the tail end of BC (main was a hunter MC-BT)

A few issues you are probably expierencing.

Pre-BC

Warriors were the only tank, this in and of itself is empowering, and was unbalanced.

Warriors towards the tail end of vanilla (naxx geared) were also one of, if not the best, and this was fury not arm's.

Arm's towards the middle to end of vanilla dominated pvp, but if you think an arm's warrior with out a healer back then was any more devastating then now, well you pwn'd some under geared nubs.

Now lets look at BC.

Outside of pally's tanking, and druids early on, warriors were again the dominant tank. While they lacked AOE tanking, they were hands down the best single target (AKA raid boss) tank in the game.

Fury again started out slow, but by the end of BC, fury warriors could out dps most classes on most encounters.

Arm's again shined throughout most of BC PVP/Arena by this point, but yet again were very reliant on heals.

So here in wrath.

Warriors are still as gear dependant as ever, dur to nerf's relative to warrior power level, an under geared warrior is probably worse than ever before.

But geared warriors

Are still great tanks

Are still great dps

And are still great at pvp with a healbot.

Its not that warriors have gotten any worse at any of aspect of the game, while not directly, its that other classes have been brought to an even level with warriors, so indirectly we are not as important.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rtel&n=Mihalik

As i said tanking is not my thing really.

And i pvp in full furious. I did not complain about figthing things, i complain about being WAY to easy to kill by more or less anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik
    I am not sure that this post belongs in this thread but here it goes.

I am sure that all WoW players, even those with mutiple level 80 equaly geared chars, have one char of a certain class wich they consider thier main. Usually when we chose our main we chose it based on its class, a class wich has a mechanic or background we like and enjoy playing.

Blizzard clearly stated then when they design the classes, an important aspect is how the players feel when they play their chars.

I often see people playing druids, paladins, shamans etc. singing odes about their classes versatility, power, lore background, mechanic etc.

You can see that these people have a feeling for the class they play, like when you drive a sports car or collection car, you feel its power or its magnetism. With many classes blizzard managed to give a certain feeling to the players.

With warriors i think it has failed, better said it simply broke to feeling the class had.

Back in Vanilla you knew that when you put that shield up, you where tank, the guy to whom everyone turned to when shit gone down the drain. This persisted to some extent in the TBC aswell, and then also arms shined, you knew that when you grabed your 2 hander, you could pummel things into the ground, and when you steped into a BG you did not feel like a victim, that everyone was looking for to smash into pieces.
    Fury never was really great, it was not the very best dps and never really managed to fit in, during the Age of CC, of the TBC, and was considered more or less always a wannabe rogue, the raids retarded little brother, who was not the best dps, was not really of any use, and was a danger to your carefully sat up CC.
    But still the spec had that feel of a madman running up and down smacking 3 things in the same time, luaghing like a retard while doing it. Arms felt exactly as blizzard once stated soldierly, you felt like the guy in plate going out looking for a fight.

In TBC while fury never shined as a PvP spec, you never would feel like if you come out from behind that pillar you would be blown up instantly by anything you come across.

Today, fury is a joke in pvp, Arms can do decently in certain set ups, but is just a pain in 2v2 as you spend your entire existance in Sheep/Nova/Roots/Cyclone. Prot gives you certain versatility in and out of PvP, but it does not feel as safe for PvE as it used to before. Even if you think your doing okey, there are always healers telling you that you are hard to heal that they prefer something else tanking etc. (I dont tank, besides heroics, faceroll naxx and the first half of Ulduar, and some back in the TBC i did not tank much.

And as of Fury/Arms PvE, you are considerd once more the raids retarded little brother, for dps Dks are better if ya must take a plate melee, and ofc Paladins have dozens of way in wich they can be usefull. (They even have an entire encounter, Anub Hardmode, designed around their abilities.)

And as of Arms in BGs, i feel like a target dummy just waiting to be torn apart by the first paladin/Caster that i come across. I spend all my time either dodgin pairs of casters, dodging paladins, or praying for heals. I dont say that i cant kill anything, or that i am not a danger, but somehow it feels like i am the one that all ranged and paladin goes for first, because they know how easy i am to kill. I dont think that a plate class should spend half its pvp game time dodging and hiding from stuff. Now i dont talk about being abile to charge a group of 5 and kill 3 before i go down, but something more along the line that i dont die in 3 seconds when 2 ppl decide to hit me in the same time. And i do Bgs in full Furious (i am only a casual pvper, but i dont suck at it, and usually only do arenas to get the low rating set as it comes out.)

DO YOU STILL FEEL THE WAY YOU DID ABOUT YOUR WARRIOR?
    Yes, and as a vanilla naxx tank that specced fury for loloatheb and proceeded to rape face better than everyone else in the raid aside from other fury warriors, I find that your claim that fury was never great is laughable.

I was a tank then that messed around with fury for fun, and Im a tank now that messes around with fury for fun. The feel of the class is largely the same to me that it was years ago, the toolbox has just expanded a great deal.

Edit: Werds.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I have no idea where you got these ideas. I have played my warrior since vanilla. I have played other classes and always returned to my warrior. I wont deny that they have flaws along with any other class.

Warriors have always had issues with CC and will most likely always will. Warriors aren't designed to be unstoppable and uncontrollable. If that were the case they would be truely overpowered, their susceptible to CC is a class balance.

There is nothing wrong with warrior dps. If your seeing warriors coming in so low on damage meters then they simply are not playing the class correctly.

Both these points are more reliant on the players skill, not the class.

If you want something to complain about try :

The spamming of heroic strike. why i bought a free scrolling mouse to stop my arm falling off for the number that i needed to use.
    Rage generation whilst leveling. even with ilvl 277 gear rage generation will drop off the scale after lvl 81.
    The constant encouragement to stance dance whilst at the same time punishing warriors for doing so.
    and just general bugs with abilities-charges landing out of melee range, being polymorphed whilst you have the spellreflect buff up,

I tend to agree with Tigercat. Ive been playing a warrior for four years now, it was my first character and it is still my main to this day. I am somewhat of an enigma however (at least that's what it seems like) because I have been prot specced since level 40 in vanilla. I leveled from 40-60 as prot, tanked all through the endgame raids including full clears of Naxx40. TBC hit and I leveled to 70 as prot, and tanked my way through that end game raids as well up to killing KJ. then Wrath hit, and I leveled to 80 as prot, and am still tanking to this day.

For me, I still feel the same way about my warrior today as I did when I made him prot. Im the big hulking orc that is covered from head to toe in plate, a giant shield on one arm and a big ass axe in the other, charging blindly into a fight against a big ass monster, and coming out the other side with only minor denting. I love my warrior because of this. I love that I get to take big hits and keep on ticking, that Im the first and last line of defense between the big ass monster and the squishies (aka clothies) For me the class hasnt changed, only gotten better.

The only thing that I can say in terms of change in feeling is that warriors arent niched anymore. Where we once were unable to effectively AOE tank, now we can rather well. All of the tanking classes have become more in line with each other, but they each still have their strong suits. If anything, warriors have had more doors opened for themselves, and I still love my warrior as much as I did the first day I rolled him.

I can say with absolute certainty that warriors are as fun as ever to play and are in a great position currently. I am glad that tanking is not the three button rotation it was in TBC. I am also glad that we warrior tanks had to pull out our Intervene and Intercept macros and such. It seperates the true warrior tanks from the wanna be's...old school ftw. This is and always will be my main...even with 3 other 80's. AOE is not an issue without trigger happy dps that can't watch threat. For them...let 'em die so they learn. My suggention to the OP is to pull out every thing in your warrior's arsenal and really look at it to see how it can be used in a special situation. For example, Faction Champions..if there is no dispel in your raid, how th break the Pala bubble?...macro battle stance/shattering throw for that specific situation. In other words, really learn to play the warrior and you, as I and many, many other warriors have, will discover that it is the most fun class to play currently.
    Good luck with your warrior.

Yeah faction champs is probably the only fight where we get to use the multitude of abilities availabile.

And as about dps, i only said that Dks pull more then we do, and also have a bit more raid utility.

Frankly, I love my warrior tank.
    I think if you're finding you don't feel the magic anymore, you may want to just switch.

I'm an altoholic, so take my advice however you want, but I think one of the best parts of WoW is rolling a new character and finding things to love about it.

In general, I roll new characters to do something my current fails at. E.g. the progression might go like this:

Warlock: oh noes, I'm sort of a pvp tank now, I hate being unable to cast
    ->
    Ret pally: Wee now I'm able to act all the time, don't need anyone to babysit me. Wait crap I'm getting kited and can't MS. I want to cast again.
    ->
    Mage: Unlike my lock, now I can blink and freeze and all kinds of awesome stuff! but...

etc.

Figure out what you don't like about war right now, and find a class that complements that lack. It's a lot of fun to get into a new character.

Oh, and before anyone says it, yes I am capable of sticking to a single character so my guild isn't inconvenienced. ;P Just saying that rerolling is a good way to blow off frustrations about a spec/class.

Wow, I'm not sure what game you've been playing but damn ...

Vanilla, it wasn't you put on a shield and you were the tank, it was you had to be the tank no matter what. There was no other purpose to the warrior and you were pigeon holed to a specific role.

OK, TBC, warriors did great as both tanks and dps. The equal to anyone. Arms was rather weak in raids for the most part but you always wanted at least one fury warrior in your group, especially if you lacked a bear.

LK, they've finally got all 3 specs functioning well. Prot raid-DPS is still a bit low but that's no big thing as our threat is still high. You can raid as arms or fury just fine and each spec caters to specific gearing and mechanics. Our AoE tanking is great and has a completely different feel to it than any other tank, our threat is limited mostly by how good we are at anticipation and positioning in AoE and on single targets we destroy.

We bring great buffs to the raid, awesome utility and after playing a paladin and DK at end-game levels I have to say that the warrior maintains the "warrior feel" quite well. We're still the guy in the mix wearing the heavy armor and dishing the pain. We still have a frenetic and slightly high-maintenance aura about us that says "this is the class for the guy who has bothered to learn what the hell he is doing."

Indeed, it might be that i dont get the magic of the class i used to enjoy anymore.

I love the "feel" of playing my warrior.

In pvp, it's just that sound charge makes followed by a mortal strike. Shoooom KTSHHKKTH. When you're hot, you're hot and it feels like nothing can stop your, uh, unstoppable flurry of Mortal Strikes, Overpowers and Executes, topped off in a very satisfying bladestorm.

However PVP can go two other ways as well. You can be perma CCd by mages and druids, but you have (a few) tools to counteract this. It's a challenge, and in 2s nothing is insurmountable with your trusty paladin or druid healer and in 3s its harder for someone to full on lock your down because you have a second DPS heping you out, or are more likely to have a dispeller.

The other thing that can happen is you get completely COCKED by some class like a feral druid or a DK who will snare you much more easily than you can snare them, and kite you around with their superior run speed while dots/bleeds/death coils kill you. A DK fighting an arms war might as well be a frost mage if they're good at 5-8ing.

So sometimes it's like RAWR kill and other times you feel like you're doing nothing but trying to keep up all the random crap you have to keep up to finally work somebody down. Is MS up? Is rend up? Are they snared? is the snare gonna end soon? reapply it. Is MS gonna end soon? too bad, can't BS yet, gotta re-up it. MS got parried? too bad. Shit you've been snared, time to go back to the beginning.

But then you just shooom and you're back in the game.

PVE, I play prot and its really fun. Feels less mind-numbing than paladin tanking.

I've played tauren warrior from the very beginning till TBC but when wotlk came i decided not to touch my warrior ever again, i made a paladin dk druid etc etc
    then i played on my warrior again and i got bored from playing warrior, in pvp we suck and i mainly play pvp so no, warriors are broken blizz nerfed them till noone plays one anymore.

Warrior class, R.I.P
    Trollbane EU, Argent Dawn EU & Bladefist EU

Quote Originally Posted by Veridium
    I've played tauren warrior from the very beginning till TBC but when wotlk came i decided not to touch my warrior ever again, i made a paladin dk druid etc etc
    then i played on my warrior again and i got bored from playing warrior, in pvp we suck and i mainly play pvp so no, warriors are broken blizz nerfed them till noone plays one anymore.

Warrior class, R.I.P
    I read all the text but it just sounds like "I stink at playing a warrior, the class must suck!"

Ive come to the conclusion that if someone says a class sucks(in this situation warrior), that that person actually has no idea how to play the class, regardless of how long they said they have played it or how good they think they are. Truth is, the person bitching about warriors sucking in PVE or PVP as prot has:

a: Never done either
    b: Sucks at either or both
    c: Should go back to their DK

Seriously, they are fine, more than fine really. This is merely a L2P thing.

Again in no place of my post i ever did that warriors suck, what i said is something i wrong with the class, somehow i dont get any feeling out of either of the specs and it often feels that the specs do not perform as they should in their roles.