Thread: armor pen

armor pen

what happens when u reach more than 100% armor pen????

Re: armor pen

You don't. It never goes past 100%. And if I remeber correctly, the Armor Pen cap wasnt even close to 100%

NOt sure you can got all the way up to 100% even if you gem for it and have armor pen gear.
    I might be wrong though.

You used to be able to go over 100% and effectively be attacking mobs with negative armour that would increase damage taken.

That doesn't work any more.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    You don't. It never goes past 100%. And if I remeber correctly, the Armor Pen cap wasnt even close to 100%
    wut? The armor pen cap IS 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

have i missed a nerf or summin?

atm when my trink procs i get to 93(used to be 99 but swapped trinks)% arp

btw just to point it out if youre gonna go for 100% arp without trinket youll need alot, dont know if its possible if you arent an arms warr. Also take your raid comp in mind if you have prot warr thats 20% arp from devastate, if you have druid thats another 5%

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

1400 ArP = 100% ArP

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith
    have i missed a nerf or summin?

atm when my trink procs i get to 93(used to be 99 but swapped trinks)% arp

btw just to point it out if youre gonna go for 100% arp without trinket youll need alot, dont know if its possible if you arent an arms warr. Also take your raid comp in mind if you have prot warr thats 20% arp from devastate, if you have druid thats another 5%
    No it doesnt. It decreases the enemies armor by 5%, but that isnt the same thing as ArP. For example, if an enemy has 10k armor, FF will decrease it to 9.5k, but you will still need 100% ArP to decrease it to 0.

Also take your raid comp in mind if you have prot warr thats 20% arp from devastate, if you have druid thats another 5%
    Wrong

lets say a mob has 100 armor( just for the sake of easy numbers to work with)
    If you have 45% armor pen, normally you attack as if the mob has 55 armor
    however, devastate/sunder reduces armor by 20% not ignores

so you would ignore 45% of 80 making it seem like the mob only has 44 armor.

with what you are saying is that you would be attacking a mob with 35 armor in this example, which is wrong.

100% armor pen
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    So you mean, 100% isn't close to 100%? Holy crap, stop dividing by zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    So now the Norse are stealing ideas from Blizzard, too!

You don't necessarily reduce the targets armor by 100% if you have 100%. There is both diminishing returns for low armored mobs/bosses and very high armored mobs/bosses. Wowwiki's thread on the subject is good reading if you want to know the number crunching.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Armor_penetration

According to some people who did calculations and posted them on EJ. Alot of the Wrath bosses have about 10k armor.