Thread: Trinket help

Trinket help

I would love some trinket help here please.
    Currently, I have Talisman of Resurgence and Abyssal Rune equipped as an arcane mage.
    Now, I'm farming for Nevermelting ice crystal,as I'd love some more SP, but I'm wondering which one to switch it for :S. I know that Arcanes want Haste rating but wouldn't it be better to just stack some intellect?

Edit: could it be that I just answered my own question and just keep Abyssal rune? :P

Re: Trinket help

Nevermelting Ice Crystal is only "okay".

I'd consider keeping your trinkets. If you pop it every time the Talisman of Resurgence gives 100sp. Add on that you can pop it with Icy Veins, Arcane Power and Bloodlust just makes it better better better.

The on use for Nevermelting is pretty weak. I wouldn't farm for it.

If your looking for a trinket from dungeons, your not going to get top quality (obviously), so i recommend going to do 10 Ulduar, for the Eye of the Broodmother, thats a great one, and then now, in Ice Crown Citadel there's a upgrade of that one from Gunship 10 man.
    Also, it has come to my attention that those stack so keep that in mind

Without looking at your armory or anything, stick with Abyssal Rune and the Talisman. Rawr is the only way to know for sure which is best since it changes based on the rest of your gear.

I'm also having some trouble figuring out which trinkets I wanna use. -_-
    Considering the fact I lose Reign ever time it drops, that's out of the picture.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...orefiend&n=Dyf

I see a lot of mages using the Resurgence trinket so I was thinking about picking it up, but any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyf
    Considering the fact I lose Reign ever time it drops, that's out of the picture.

I see a lot of mages using the Resurgence trinket so I was thinking about picking it up, but any recommendations?
    WOW

I envy your gear, accept for the fact you have decided to use the worst two trinkets in the game atm - imo.

Replace Fetish of volatile power immediately with Resurgence. As for never melting ice crystal its a nice SP buff, and the use is not amazing but its ok. Replace with Marudins spyglass if it drops for you.

Resurgence is excellent for arcane as its about 2k Mana if i remember correctly. This is most helpful, and the use function with Icy Veins + Arcane Power is a lovely damage buff. I would rate it a lot stronger than Fetish, even your HC one.

Resurgence + Abyssal Rune. You can get both in a day and they are your best trinket options leaving out muradin and reign. Your current ones are quite awful and embrace of the spider is probably better than both tbh.

10+ Year Old Account

Remove your pure hit and haste gems with 12sp/10haste gems. Replace your Firestorm Band with Band of the Invoker. Get Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers. Get Abyssal Rune/Talisman of Resurgence/Reign of the Dead/Muradin's Spyglass x 2.

Profit.

It wasn't completely on topic, but it will help you :>.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    Remove your pure hit and haste gems with 12sp/10haste gems. Replace your Firestorm Band with Band of the Invoker. Get Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers. Get Abyssal Rune/Talisman of Resurgence/Reign of the Dead/Muradin's Spyglass x 2.

Profit.

It wasn't completely on topic, but it will help you :>.
    Yeah, about the gems lol, I just feel uneasy under hit cap. :s
    But thanks for the advice. :]

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, about the gems lol, I just feel uneasy under hit cap. :s
    But thanks for the advice. :]
    I didn't do the maths for your hit cap, but I normally use Icewalker for boosting it when not capped. Otherwise just replace some 10haste/12sp gems with 10hit/12sp gems. It'll do the trick ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Just forget that crystal, it's horrible with so low SP and crappy +crit use. You should never need to use it, it's completely useless as arcane when you have resurgence and abyssal as options.

Arcane hit cap (with both talents) is 210 when raiding with a shadow priest or a balance druid.
    Its safe to assume you'll have one of these in your raid, and if you don't, get a Dying Curse and put that on instead of abyssmal.