Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Is one handed fury out the window?

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    the man gave you the answer, 2h fury > 1h fury? what more do you want?
    The man didn't give me a answer he said who would wanna use 1 handers when you can use 2 handers we choppin bitches heads off. Sorry but that doesn't tell me shit. A explanation with why 2 handers are better then one handers would make more sense to me. If your not gonna do that why bother posting in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix
    OK titans grip was put in the game to make itemization easier for blizz, classes that use 1 handers now all use agi, classes that use 2handers use STR now if they put str on 1 handers thats another item spot takin up on a boss that only 1 class can use and they want to reduce the class specific items droping off bosses, look relics dont drop no more coz they were too specific and 1h str weps would b very specific 2 ocz only wars and dks would use em but 1h agi weps can b used by rogues, shammys and hunters as stat sticks
    ^^^^
    Hey look a answer with a explanation!

Deleted

DW DKs still want STR 1-handers, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy
    i was just wondering can you still play fury with one handed weapons like back n the day or are you pretty much forced to go titans grip to do any dmg?
    using 2 2-handers is a massive increase to both heroic strike and whirlwind, and since you SHOULD have more attack power using them, an increase to bloodthirst as well. both whirlwind and bloodthirst arent effected by how fast your weapon is so it is stupid to use a 1hander with them. this is why haste isnt as good as other stats.

Yes, you could use 1 hands for Fury.
    But why would you want to? You'd lose a lot of dps.
    I could only see it for a MS/DW/BT spec.
    And since fury has the healing debuff now... why would you?
    I could only see someone using 1 handers if they don't know that they can DW 2 handers.
    So until patches and cata take it otherwise... use 2 handers or get out.

[Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black]

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns
    Whoever wants to duel wield 2 1 handed weapons over 2 2 handed weapons is clearly behind me.
    Go play a rogue. This is a fucking berserker warrior. It's furious. Not stabbing shit here, sorry. We're chopping bitches heads off.
    This was probably the dumbest cool answer ever. I mean that in a bad way. :[

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus
    using 2 2-handers is a massive increase to both heroic strike and whirlwind, and since you SHOULD have more attack power using them, an increase to bloodthirst as well. both whirlwind and bloodthirst arent effected by how fast your weapon is so it is stupid to use a 1hander with them. this is why haste isnt as good as other stats.
    so... your telling us that Whirlwind isn't affected by weapon speed? well that is just pure bullshit since if a weapon got 3.0speed and 200 dps and another weapon got 4.0speed and also 200 dps Whirlwind would do 33% more dmg with the one that got 4.0 speed since well... it's base dmg is higher.

and yes warriors should not stack haste since only Heroic Strike and normal melee hits will benefit from it.

15+ Year Old Account

The man didn't give me a answer he said who would wanna use 1 handers when you can use 2 handers we choppin bitches heads off. Sorry but that doesn't tell me shit. A explanation with why 2 handers are better then one handers would make more sense to me. If your not gonna do that why bother posting in the first place?
    I'm sorry but if you cannot honestly figure out why titans grip is better I don't know what to tell you. It's common fucking sense and logical thinking.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

You need an explanation why 2 handers are better then 1 handers?

Just look at a 2hander and then look at a 1 hander with the same Ilvl. A crapton of more stats, a crapton higher weapon damage.

Sure.. if you're soloing/farming, 2 1 handers is fine. Stuff will probably die slower.. but if it makes you happy, do it.

If you don't want to be laughed at in heroics, go with 2 handers. If you don't want to be absolutely useless in raids, go with 2 handers.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns
    Not really. It's done. I'm telling you facts, kid. Believe it or not rofl. Not like I care.
    +1
    You sure win the internets.
    +10

Deleted

Oh i see your one of them idiotic troll who randomly get on forums and bash when someone asks a simple question. The game has changed. The class has changed. And just because all that has happened doesn't mean there isn't a possible spec for old school one handed fury warriors. So take your dumb troll self and gtfo.
    Nah, I think he gave a complete and rounded answer to the question. Not trolling.

@ OP - You will NEVER see a dps warrior wielding 1-handers and doing competitive high-end dps in Wrath. You can try it, sure, but you will always do better with TG as fury.
    Also, why would you want to dual-wield 1h'ers over 2h'ers? Nostalgia, sure, but is dual-wielding axes with heads three times the size of a fat gnome not way, way cooler than a bit of old-school?

@ Master Guns: Are you really a MGySgt?? I'm curious now. The way you say stuff kinda makes you sound like a Marine.

Seriously.

WOTLK is 1+ year now.

How can people still be asking silly questions like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrax of the Wind
    @ Master Guns: Are you really a MGySgt?? I'm curious now. The way you say stuff kinda makes you sound like a Marine.
    I'm pretty sure he's just a crotchety asshole.

/No offense Guns, just well, you're kind of a crotchety asshole.

15+ Year Old Account

sure you can use one handed weapons as fury just like i can use throwing weapons as a hunter.

pretty much. the dps awarded from having 2 2handers far outweighs the 10% dps loss (especially at 232+). may be slightly viable at ~200, but mostly only in terms of playstyle. put urself up against an arms warrior and ull get shat on

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Blizzard(Ghostcrawler) has dropped clues that they might bring it back for those who want it, but it's not set in stone.
    I seem to recall him saying not to expect it to be viable (much like 2hand enhance)... are you sure about that?

hi. you want to post on mmo champ? no problem! it's e-z! but first u have to pick your class:

Bob - he's new, he's naive, he's curious
    Steve - has a bit of experience, willing to share
    Bradbury - thinks he knows everything, has no idea, looking to get attention
    Summersky - hippie douchefag, feels the need to protest on EVERYTHING
    Lol'Jin - Forum troll

Now let's see how the classes handle:

Bob : Hey guys i haven't played in a long time just want to know if 2 hander enh shammies are viable.
    Steve: Well the class has seen an overhaul since u left the game and are now designed to play with 2 1h weapons.
    Bradbury: LOL OMG that is sooo wrong, i was doing an ICC 25 HEROIX pug the other day and i did awesome dmg on my shammy with my awesome 2h axe.
    Summersky : RAAAAAAAGE! WHAT is yourn problem Steve, if Bob wants tom play wit a 2h he has EVERY right to do so, your and elitist pig who serves the man. I pay 15 bucks a month like you. RAAAAAAAAAGE
    Steve: Well i never said he couldn't play with a 2h, just answering the actual question and pointing out that things have changed for the class.
    Sumersky: Steve you're an asshat! RasAANSGmnsjGAGAS!!! (Froths at the mouth)
    Steve: o.O
    Lol'Jin: [img]http://catwithatophatsayingcoolstorybro.jpg[img]

Mery Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Let people play how they want, it doesn't make your experience any worse.
    until the tank out dps's them in a random heroic

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...n,Qd8-qR,11159 Perhaps?
    1h fury is not on-par with normal specs, but I would expect with good gear you would be able to pull some semi-respectable numbers.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag