(PvP) Bryntroll + Darkmoon Card: Death

Don't flame me too hard. This is just an idea I had the other day.

I was thinking that these two items could work well together in PvP for some nice burst damage, especially as an Unholy DK. Based off of what i'm reading on Wowhead this would work especially well for Unholy DKs that use Ebon Plague and Black Ice, as both effects deal Shadow damage. It would be a lot of fun in battlegrounds at the very least.

Think this would work?

Re: (PvP) Bryntroll + Darkmoon Card: Death

Typically RNG = Bad, but I don't know. Probably not arena, but maybe BG's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

Add in the trinket from 25 sapp in naxx

sexeh burst!

Maybe, depending on Bryntroll's proc rate. DMCeath has a 45 internal cd and a rather high proc rate. The problem as stated above is that while the card can be more or less monitored, Bryntroll might be a bit too RNG, and if it too is a higher proc rate w/ long internal CD like most procs in Lich King then it could be that you would never see the two proc together except at the beginning of the match. DMCeath will also proc on Disease ticks on players other than your main target if you've been spreading with Pest, and of course DK damage is just so bad right now I doubt the "burst" of the procs would really amount to anything in Arena anyways, but you're welcome to try and let us know :P

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Maybe, depending on Bryntroll's proc rate. DMCeath has a 45 internal cd and a rather high proc rate. The problem as stated above is that while the card can be more or less monitored, Bryntroll might be a bit too RNG, and if it too is a higher proc rate w/ long internal CD like most procs in Lich King then it could be that you would never see the two proc together except at the beginning of the match. DMCeath will also proc on Disease ticks on players other than your main target if you've been spreading with Pest, and of course DK damage is just so bad right now I doubt the "burst" of the procs would really amount to anything in Arena anyways, but you're welcome to try and let us know :P
    The Card seems to have a high proc rate, with an internal cooldown. It's likely that it would proc in the course of a round of disease application. The Bryntroll seems to have a 15% proc rate with no internal cooldown, and can proc off skills and attacks. Based off that, it's pretty likely that both procs will go off in the first few attacks. I got this info from the comments of Wowhead, so there is the possibility that my info is not 100% accurate.

As mentioned by Chronalis above me, there is also the engineering gloves. To be honest, I was strongly considering switching to Engineering anyway, and that would give my idea a little more oomph.

Just wanted to get an idea before I spend raid points on a Bryntroll.

Eh, you'd prob wanna spend those raid points anyways since Bryntroll is BiS I believe

Bryntoll currently has a 15% proc rate with 0 ICD. ret pallies are seeing double procs quite frequently because of hidden melee strikes with SoCorr/V. you can count on bryntoll procing alot.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Ronnin

Eh, you'd prob wanna spend those raid points anyways since Bryntroll is BiS I believe
    Hmm, better than Shadow's Edge?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins
    Hmm, better than Shadow's Edge?
    yes. The lower ilvl Bryn is slightly better than SE.

SM definetly better though :P

SM is only better than the Heroic version due to having basically the same proc, but higher DPS/stats. In certain AOE situations (H)Bryn may be superior to SM. Basically any time one target has much higher priority, but AOE is still needed, Bryn will be the better weapon as during AOE the SM proc just does very light split splash damage, while Bryn will add a burst to the priority target.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    SM is only better than the Heroic version due to having basically the same proc, but higher DPS/stats. In certain AOE situations (H)Bryn may be superior to SM. Basically any time one target has much higher priority, but AOE is still needed, Bryn will be the better weapon as during AOE the SM proc just does very light split splash damage, while Bryn will add a burst to the priority target.
    Gonna be hilarious when all the melees blow their DKP on Shadowmourne while the intelligent people pick up Bryntoll and go nuts with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    Gonna be hilarious when all the melees blow their DKP on Shadowmourne while the intelligent people pick up Bryntoll and go nuts with that.
    already did that =P

In all serousness, bryntroll is an amazing weapon. if you can get it it is going to shit on any other weapon you have. There is only 2 better weapons for ret and dk. h bryntroll and the other is orange.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    already did that =P

In all serousness, bryntroll is an amazing weapon. if you can get it it is going to shit on any other weapon you have. There is only 2 better weapons for ret and dk. h bryntroll and the other is orange.
    And lets not forget that by the nature of shadowfrost shards most guilds that can get SM are gonna be well into heroic modes ICC before they manage to make one,even going as far as having heroic Lich King down,making the weapon itself a sizeable upgrade for....levelling in Cata.Meanwhile all the smart 2h users will go for Bryntrol and its heroic version and let the e-peen stick go to the e-peen whores/GM's pets.