Gormokk buffed or Bad Warrior?

Hello everyone.
    I recently started another togc 10 run. We usually get a tribute to mad skill (QQ faction champs).
    However, this week was different, it was on xmas-eve.
    We had a discipline priest, holy priest and holy paladin as healers.
    We had a prot warr and a frost dk as tanks.
    We start on gormokk and the warrior died as gormokk got the 60% incr dmg buff from snobolds.
    I think "Wtf, healers do your job", next attempt, same issue, next attempts same issue. Always the warrior died.
    I asked him several times: are you tanking in zerker stance?Do you have broken gear on? Using any damage-migitating abilties?
    From his replies I could tell he knew what he was doing so I thought it was our disc priest, I asked the holy priest to also switch to disc and help focus on the warrior.
    However, now I was watching the warriors hp carefully and saw that he went from 95%-> dead in litteraly 1 second.
    The warrior never had more than 2 stacks of impale on him. We ended up in disbanding, leaving me in confusion as this is the first time I wiped on beasts in togc 10, and thats 7 times in a row. The dps was more than good enough as we had gormokk to ~20% with 1 minute to worms left on the timer.
    Did I miss something here? Did blizz buff gormokk on xmas-eve because they dont want people to raid? Did the warrior do something seriously wrong?
    I don't have a warrior myself so my knowledge about them is limited to shieldwall.

Any thoughts on what he could have been doing wrong? I can't blame the healers as I had played with the holy paladin and disc priest before and they had healed much harder stuff than gormokk before.

Edit: The warrior also had 1/5 togc 25 achievement, claiming he had tanked the beasts on 25 man and did not die.
    Edit#2: I'm sorry, but I can't provide any combatlogs.

Re: Gormokk buffed or Bad Warrior?

Any warriors out there who might know the issue?

You told the Holy Priest to go Disc for healing the tank?...
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

The tank probably didn't have enough health to eat a melee attack plus an impale after rising anger. This is one of those situations where a dodge = overheal because the healers are spamming heals but a couple thousand more EH would result in the tank living through both attacks. Even if you dodge 3/4 times in this situation that 4th time will get you if your health is too low.

Also, 2 disc priests on tank duty just run into each others weakened soul. Better to have a holy and a disc.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Anatidae

u remember what trinks he used stam or avoidance? cos for beasts its smart to use ur stam gear instead of avoidance

did you kill snobolds ?
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

Hey man the problem your experiencing is excatly what blizz noticed and why in ICC they reduced avoidance so they could reduce damage the boss deals. Every one of our tanks (we have one of each class) have been insta gibbed in under a second. Our guild has 4/5 TOGC 25 so they are well hgeared and skilled. The bosses hit so hard because of how high avoidance is that two consecuative hits, despite only having one implae, could destroy even extremely well geared tanks giving the healers no time to react.

I would say this is fairly notmal behavior, however to have it be so extreme in 10 man is interesting, although they still hit very very hard. Best advice I could give you is to make sure snobold are killed quickly and that he uses a tank cooldown or have a healer use a CD right as he taunts gormok back. If no CDs are available, have the healers start casting a big heal right before the tanks taunts so it lands on the tank right as he takes the first hit.

Good luck.

Thx for the comments. And I told the other priest to go disc for healing the other tank, not both healing the same, that'd be kinda stupid. And yes we killed all snobolds, he had 50k hp buffed, was using stam trinkets, and usually died when having 1 impale. I still don't see the problem here as this is the first time we wiped on gormokk, he's no problem at all usually.