Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: yes indeed gear is too stupid easy to get nowdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Odoh
    HAY GUISE WOW IS TEW EZ BUT IT TUK US MONTHZ N WE DUN HAVE TRIB TO IMORTALITEE AND WE ONLEE C 4 EZMODE BOSSS IN ICC NO HM LULZ LULZ DERP DERP HURRRRRRR

I think it is great that people can gear up quickly to prepare for current raid content. More people enjoying the content what the game has to offer is a huge win on Blizzard's part. Hard mode gear/titles/mounts still separates the casuals from the hard-core by giving them 'bragging rights' and the ability to out perform the casuals.

If you have a bent wang because a casual can come close to your performance in badge gear, maybe you should re-prioritize your life and set goals that matter in the real world and not in a video game.
    Or even better, it shows that there really isn't that much difference between you and a casual in terms of actual skill... which hurts.

Bad players do poorly in good gear. Gear isn't a crutch that can overcome bad spec, bad resource management, bad rotation or bad decision-making.

If somebody is doing well in whatever gear they have, it's a tribute to their ability (however modest those requirements actually are).

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

For someone who just switched mains, I enjoy it.
    I was a tank-DK, I'm now a tank/healing-Paladin.

Within 4minutes from I reached 80, I queued for (N) Forge of Souls, got crapped on by some über-leet Rogue (in his own words).
    He graciously "allowed" me to stay in his group. I doubled his Damage done, and I didn't allow him to die through Forge-Pit-HoR. Which I didn't die in either. Granted, the healer was above average in skills (but on my level in gears, ie, way below average).

My point is?
    1) The new system allows the swapping of mains less painful.
    2) Idiots always remain idiotic.
    3) Damage-dealers are overrated.
    4) You're crying about damn heroics. Seriously. If you are that grudging about other people getting gear comparable to your own, you were never that far ahead as it were.
    5) Most of the players will never progress away from heroics anyway. They won't steal your loots in raids.
    6) This is simple marketing; Blizzard realize that a big part of their playerbase are interested in 5mans, and only do heroics. They had grinded out all gear possible, and stopped progressing. Blizzard gave them new shinies to be interested in. You might not care about them. But they are many, and Blizzard sees them.

EDIT: Sorry about potential grammatical errors. English is just my fourth language, but I try to make an effort.

im not worried about people getting gear this easily. i mean its great for alts. if u think about it they still do have to run raids. i mean hardcore raiders ran raids and got exceptional gear. now people running heriocs can get something a tier down from this hardcore raider. but to get the best gear it requires running raids. So you can only get the best gear in raids.

besides people running heroics and getting 4 tier9s at 80 doesn't mean anything i mean were upgrading to icecrown now. it just makes it fair for the rest of wowplayers. because if we were still at heroism badges dropping from naxx only and heroics no one would run heroics naxx or ulduar as often as icecrown or toc. but my point being is that these raids aren't totally useless. you still need exceptional gear to run icecrown or toc. with the new emblem system you can be geared for toc25 but not for icc25. you would need to raid toc25 togc25 or togc10 for better gear heading into icc. now i will agree that it is easier to get someone geared up for higher content but its only fair to those people as their chances of progressing are quite slim. i mean first you would have to pug naxx from there move on to ulduar then toc and then finally icc. by then cataclysm might arrive or atleast be soon. i guess it would be decided by how often u played. even then you would only get a little taste of wat icc is like

As a semi hardcore raider I am perfectly happy with the current state of heroics.

After getting some craftables for my shadow priest it was able to run heroics, it was ready for toc25 normal in no time.

Now it gets to go to my guilds icecrown alt runs and get frost emblems to supply my main with primordial saronites, and before too much longer I will be doing the same with a warlock.

If I ever had to go back to naxx or ulduar to gear up an alt I just wouldn't do it at all.

Don't hotlink large images!

Not that it probably was something original and interesting, but still.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

plz get over this... its great for ppl that wanna gear up their alts.

u'll get better gear in icc25 / hc in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    This game is going down, I see it comming. And yes I am planning to quit, but I wanna kill Arthas, as that is what I've been gearing up for since the release of wotlk. But what now? Woop woop, everyone are in the same gear as me, even tho they reached 80 lesser than 1 month ago.
    Blizzard are exaggerating. Yes, I love some stuff in WotLK, like raid attunement are removed. I like it more like Ashen Verdict. But the difficulty is just exaggeratedly easy. Blizzard aren't catering to casuals, they are catering to plain stupid retards.
    Take totc as an example. Even all casual guilds on my server facerolled of everything in a couple of days. And it is the same with ICC 4 first bosses. Completly jokes.'

Blizzard went from a pretty hard game to a facerollable game in 1 day. That was the mistake.

I for one, really hope that the casuals will clear ICC just in the end of 3.3. Not like in the first month. It's just stupid. Make the instance as hard as possible, but so the casuals still can see all. Happy faces?
    You are a moron, my good fellow. So your saying that "casuals" have no business raiding when they get a little free time as opposed to someone who sits home all day or night and plays Wow in their parents basement?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    You are a moron, my good fellow. So your saying that "casuals" have no business raiding when they get a little free time as opposed to someone who sits home all day or night and plays Wow in their parents basement?
    If it only takes a month to get the same gear as him then he is also a casual and just hasn't realised it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    Take totc as an example. Even all casual guilds on my server facerolled of everything in a couple of days.
    Here's some facts about casual facerollers, will use Ravencrest (currently EU #2 realm) as an example since I cant type those cyrilic letters of #1..

13 guilds have cleared ToGC25
    21 guilds are stuck on 4/5 ToGC25 (yes, the endboss is much harder than the rest of the instance)
    42 guilds in total have killed anything in ToGC25 according to WoWProgress
    32 guilds have cleared normal ToC25 but not killed anything in heroic
    82 guilds total reported have killed any bosses in ToC25

That's approximately 1/6 of the 25-man guilds listed in the realm that was considered best in EU area few weeks ago who cleared whole normal mode ToC25 also cleared it in hardmode. Does not sound like a faceroll that every casual in your realm clears in few days.

Only half of those guilds have access to level 258 stuff, and assuming half of the chars in any given realm are unguilded, means something like 75-80% of the realm's level 80 characters can't get better stuff than badge items farmed from heroics. Still think every noob is wearing same gear and raiders dont have anything better to enlarge their ePeens?

Exaggeration doesn't make you sound smarter, only more obvious troll.

edit:

And that is from one of the best EU realms at the moment. If you look at the bottom of the list, you will see it's closer to 99% of realm's population who aren't getting lv258 items.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.