Poll: You get your random heroic. It is PoS. Al you want to do is get to the end and grab your 2 frost bag

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Battered Hilt: Do I have to....?

Please bear in mind, in this situation you don't care about the hilt.

Also I'm probably a bit biased as my biggest pet peeve is some one calling me by my class or role. i.e. "Healer! move!" "Priest, give buff" It's not hard to target someone and type %t.

derailing. answer the question and free icecream.

Re: Battered Hilt: Do I have to....?

Would totally depend on the quality of the group.

In a >4k dps per player group I wouldn't mind.

In a <2k dps a big no-go.

Plus it greatly depends on the mood I'm in :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol

Also depends on your gear, ie if you can clear trash without a healer, the screw it and clear. But yes, how fast the clear will be is a great factor. Not going to spend extra time trying to help others with their greed. Yes, trying to get the hilt in a random pug is greedy, buy it off the ah if you really want it, or make a farm group, don't try to get your Random pug to clear the place so you may get a chance at that drop. And for those that will reply to this with "not everyone can buy the hilt" my response is either:
    a) do dailies to get fast cash or
    b) try for another weapon

EDIT: To be honest, now that the skelies really don't drop it anymore, their aren't that many more mobs that you wouldn't get anyway, so clearing/not clearing isn't that big a heal anyway (I think its only like 3 packs of elites and a few lone skelies, may be wrong).
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

10+ Year Old Account

It's great when you don't even need and your random is PoS and one guy forces everyone to do it when they just want their 2 frost emblems. I was like don't you have a guild or friends to make a farming group?

I always ask before we start if people want it cleared or not. I don't mind, it's a PUG and I'd roll along anyway. But if someone else doesn't want it cleared, I don't clear it. No point in making someone put up with 10-ish minutes of trash clearing.

No. Tell them to run with their guilds if they want to farm the Hilt.

I instruct them to go and tank that trash themselves, then proceed on my regular path towards first boss. You've go to clear plenty of trash anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera
    It might a l2p-issue but then other classes are just too face roll compared to ele shamans.

Clear. The Rep never hurts anyone either and you wouldn't cry if it did drop and you won it would you?

just keep doing the instance, hilt might drop anyways and killing all trash doesnt make hilt drop

100% and you just wasted your time...

I'd take the "if the group doesn't suck" option.

Optionally: If it's a split vote i'd say "yes so long as you don't mind me rolling too". If they aren't happy with it, fair enough. If they wanna go pull packs anyway, they can tank em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

if you have time why not... it takes like an extra 10min to clear the "unnecessary" trash even in a pug

I went with "clear" because even though you don´t need/want it, you could still spend 1 min of our time to help them, unless you at the beginning of the run said that you were short on time, then they knew what they were getting in to ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    That's because you're not looking.

Searing = Firy = Hot = Molten = Lava = Volcano = Disaster = Death
    Blade = Sharp = Pointy = Feather = Bird = Wing

Searing + Blade = Death + Wing

Thus, if Searing + Blade is equal to Burning + Legion, as well as to Death + Wing, and Death + Wing is equal to Old + Gods, then Burning + Legion = Old + Gods.

Simple math.

Well, this is a tough question, seeing how you worded it...

In general, if someone asked me nicely (e.g. "Could we please clear all trash and see if the hilt drops?"), I'd definitely do it (unless I'm on a tight schedule, that is). If, however, they said "Tank, clear all trash.", as you worded it, I'd tell them "DPS, nope" just out of principle. You want something from me so you better be polite towards me or I'll let you do the tanking! That's how I see it. ;D

I tank it everyday looking for the hilt and use the LFG system to do it. I que specifically for PoS and when it starts I ask/tell them im gonna clear all trash. I always take lead when i join the que so if someone isnt game, i can replace them.

If it was the random daily I would just go with what the group was up for.

well, when it happened to me I acted like an idiot.

I'm not very experienced in the way of tanking and my gear is average on my DK alt. I joined and was a bit dubious to even atempt it. However the LFG system thought my gear was fine, can't argue there. However as soon as someone came out withe the above mentioned "Tank, clear all trash" My reply was "1 I have a name, and 2 no". His rebutle was "3, just do it!"

Now, this is the point where I acted stupid. I proceeded to sit there AFK and watch a film, knowing full well they would have to wait at least a minuite to kick me and then have to wait about 5 more just to find anther tank. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but I was angry.

If there are optional bosses, I always take em, but I probably wouldn't spend ages getting every last trash for a slim chance of a hilt dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonicoff
    well, when it happened to me I acted like an idiot.

I'm not very experienced in the way of tanking and my gear is average on my DK alt. I joined and was a bit dubious to even atempt it. However the LFG system thought my gear was fine, can't argue there. However as soon as someone came out withe the above mentioned "Tank, clear all trash" My reply was "1 I have a name, and 2 no". His rebutle was "3, just do it!"

Now, this is the point where I acted stupid. I proceeded to sit there AFK and watch a film, knowing full well they would have to wait at least a minuite to kick me and then have to wait about 5 more just to find anther tank. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but I was angry.
    If you ask me, you did a stellar job I'm annoying to annoying people, a jerk to jerks and I'm nice to nice people. I have spend hours helping random people with random stuff, just because they've asked me in a polite way and then turned out to be nice people. I've been a total douch to some from my servers topguild, because they think they're better than me. I'm spreading Karma :P

In the Icecrown heroics I wouldn't think twice about skipping trash. With a low-dps group it's just a bore to clear it when each mob got so much health. However, in any other heroic I probably would agree to clear additional trash.

Also, as for the "optional" bosses mentioned by someone above me, I always grab them. If you sign up for a heroic, you sign up for every boss. Some people are going for emblems(not me peresonally on my tank, but more gems can't hurt). I also try to do any achievements on bosses assuming that it doesn't slow the kill down(exception being Better off Dred because I love that achievement and always grab every raptor in the pen when going there)

"Don't clear"

No one tells me what to do in a pug..

Yeah i'll clear the mobs its not that much trouble to deal with... if the group was a little undergeared and if i was going out i would just say negative!