Thread: Raid DPS Spec

Raid DPS Spec

When looking at the other locks for ideas I see all three trees being used for DPS. Which one is the best, this patch, with endgame gear, assuming perfect rotations.

I don't want to hear "depends on what you like" or "play style" or any of that other BS.

I'd test it myself, but respeccing and reglyphing 3 specs is expensive and troublesome, someone must have this knowledge already, right?

Re: Raid DPS Spec

That's actually pretty cool, thanks!

Affliction has the highest damage output for the class, assuming end-game gear and a competent rotation.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

That link is slightly outdated it looks like. It also doesn't have the 0/18/53 spec, which is the top Destro spec at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    That link is slightly outdated it looks like. It also doesn't have the 0/18/53 spec, which is the top Destro spec at the moment.
    Thats true, but it still gives a pretty good estimate how the different specs fare in 3.3. Do you have a link to the 0/18/53 build and maybe some parses of simcraft - i've got the hit-gear ready to replace my current 3/14/54.

Info on 0/18/53 is readily available and is mentioned in the Warlock SimulationCraft thread on EJ (here). It's being called the 'Strong Imp' spec and a lot of the DPS gain is marginal without proper macros for all your abilities (which you should be using as any Destro spec anyway).