Page 1 of 3
LastLast

wtf is this thing.

So this has been bothering me for a few days. I've seen just a couple people messing around my server for a few days in IF/Dala firing off what looks like Frostfire Bolts, then they collapse on the ground and make a big "fwoosh" fire effect.

My apologies for being ignorant, "a noob", etc., but it's been confusing me as to what it could be (although it has to be an item...) I didn't search for it or anything, I just wouldn't know what to type in to search.

Can anyone tell me what item this guy's using?

Deleted

Re: wtf is this thing.

looks like Arcane Barrage to me...

its DEFINITELY not barrage. it's not horde, its an ally riding around in IF. nowhere near dummies or anything attackable. when i inspect him, he's not wearing anything that could trigger the effect. it looks like a bag item that has ~3 sec cooldown.

Deleted

whats the name of the bag item?

if i knew what it was called i wouldnt be asking :P I'm just saying it seems to me that whatever is activating it, looks like it would be placed in your bags and has an on-use effect.

try and use every single fireworks-item in the game and I am sure you will come across this.

Quote Originally Posted by outzaidur
    try and use every single fireworks-item in the game and I am sure you will come across this.
    hmm....plausible. to wowhead!

10+ Year Old Account

As posted above, it could be fireworks, although those usually go vertically. Maybe a TCG item? Btw, why didn't you just ask the user?
    For the Emperor.

lol, ive seen about 3 people who've used it. once i asked each of them, they all mounted and ran away like they were part of the occult and they were in the middle of a ritual or something.

and nope, not seeing anything firework-related.

didn't a new tcg cardgame deck come out?

Have you looked in the combat log?

Quote Originally Posted by Tural
    Have you looked in the combat log?

!@#%

kicking myself to not think of that. too bad they're not online atm. I'm going to go search around in dalaran to see if anyone's using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zongo
    its DEFINITELY not barrage. it's not horde, its an ally riding around in IF.
    seriously?

lols o'rly. If you plan on trolling, the least you could do is put in a tiny bit of effort to supply the original picture.
    SERIOUSLY? You've provided the "picture". If you plan on trolling remember to swap to correct accounts... but anyway, the "picture" is small, you can't really see anything but that "shoop" or whatever and that nelf looks like out of size sticker... so ye... I call bs unless you give whole shot...

I cropped it down so that pointless other details were lost. Frankly I dont care if you haven't yet seen anyone spamming this around your cities, all I care about is finding out what this thing is, because it simply bothers me. I'm only going to post that small little bit so that we concentrate on the item at hand. If you'd like a good look at the ground or the AH/Bank, or even santa, be my guest. roll a dwarf/gnome toon and have at it.

edit: also, the pair in the chopper were jumping a lot. I believe this shot was taken during their mid-jump, which may make them look "shopped." I was just trying so hard to get a simple screenshot with the "bolts" rather than the fire effect they make when they clash on the ground. I finally got one so i went with it.

Is it one of the stupid holiday wands?

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Is it one of the stupid holiday wands?
    You should have one of these. Try it and see that it doesnt look anything like the pic, nor spammable :P

'Fraid not.

all I care about is finding out what this thing is, because it simply bothers me.
    You should really take some time out of WoW... "All I care about" + WoW = ... bah, you know yourself, done countless of times :P

You could be right, but I think its the curiosity factor thats driving me nuts.

Curiosity killed the cat. Don't let this lead to your death.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyndeyn
    Curiosity killed the cat. Don't let this lead to your death.
    I have a feeling im going to suicide my character after figuring it out what it is. It might be obvious or it might be old-world unobtainable content.... I've just never seen it before

You should have one of these. Try it and see that it doesnt look anything like the pic, nor spammable Tongue

'Fraid not.
    Nope. Do not have it. Have not opened a single ingame gift yet.