Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Class expectations

We know that :

Warlocks are gona have a new "cheat" shard system.
    Hunters are gonna leave Mana for Focus.

I'm asking you : What are your expectations for your class ? Or simply what do you think each class will get special ?

- Priest
    - Paladins
    - Warriors
    - Rogues
    - Shamans
    - Mages
    - Death Knights
    - Druids

It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

Re: Ok so...

I'm hoping Druids will get new art for travel, tree and aquatic form.

Mages get pancakes

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    Mages get pancakes
    ;o
    three moar posts, mistur!

I expect new Paladin abilities will be overpowered as hell at first, and then nerfed to the ground. It happened every time before, it will happen again.

10+ Year Old Account

DKs get screwed

10+ Year Old Account

All I need to say in this thread is this.

Dwarf shaman.

Once that happens, the ass-kickery shall begin.

/end thread
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Shamans might get a new totem or art on spirit wolf

10+ Year Old Account

Death knights will get rain of death coil. uses all runes and got a 30 sec cooldown for trash like naxx
    ....................................................................................

dorf shamanz rotfl

fat furry bals with totems xD

and what for pallas ?
    well, hard to find out, we have Big heal, we have fast heal, we have instnt heal, we have shield, we have HoT ( i am speaking off Holy tree) we have some aoe-wannabe ability, what else should we want to ? maybe some new cool Aura, why not ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Soban
    fat furry bals with totems xD
    Taurens... ?

annnd ye every melee class will completely rape anything clothy as usual.

15+ Year Old Account

Shaman.. oh snap bro, we're gonna get a crap load of new icon art fo sho.

Oh, actual talent wise? I suppose we'll probably stay the same as most of our talents now are "special" as opposed to "increase damage from spell".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shivaen
    I'm hoping Druids will get new art for travel, tree and aquatic form.
    oh yeah. :|
    Druid since Feb. 06

Re: Class expectations

I expect paladins to get holy and/or nature resistance auras. Maybe a class-specific flying mount (warlocks too). I'd expect more AoE healing for Holy and maybe up the mana costs on everything by a bit so that paladins aren't always sitting at 80%+ mana. I'd also expect more of a discrepancy in method of survivability based off of the talent trees. Protection takes damage, retribution deals it, holy fixes it. That's how it should be. We shouldn't have retadins that can survive forever just like we shouldn't have holy paladins that can do insane DPS or shadow priests that have mighty heals or fury warriors doing well with a weapon and a shield.

Paladin is the only class I can really make any informed opinion upon as far as mechanics go, but I expect druids to be greatly revamped as far as visuals go. I doubt moves will be different for each race but I could see some moves having different names for different races (a la Bloodlust/Heroism) and druids having completely different travel/aquatic forms (not just different skins on basically the same models).

In general I expect a lot more "proc" abilities for all classes - I think the T10 set bonuses are actually going to be a sign of general changes in Cat. (Things like the Ret-bonus resetting the CD on Divine Storm.)

I think it's getting to the point where Blizz may add a "proc-watch" to the UI.

In specifics I expect trash tanking to get a bit harder for warriors/paladins (as far as damage coming in is concerned), for gigantic spikes in health, faster hitting bosses, nerfed mana regen, and changes across the board to all resource systems - with the possible exception of runes for DKs.

Rogues will be imba at level 85 in the start, because of they scale very good with crap gear. Then people cries about rogues big damage output, then they get nerfed, so they will be the lowest DPSers in PvP Like in WOTLK.

Simple: Rogues imba at start, shit at the end-

10+ Year Old Account

Im not sure what the OP means by warlock's "cheat" shard system. Hows it cheating in any way?

Anyways, Id imagine this for the classes:

Hunters: Focus instead of mana (been stated) - and Camoflague, an ability to stealth, with low speed until you enter combat.

Rogues: Stealthing at higher speed as baseline, and a needed debuff in raids (something shared with perhaps hunters)

Warlocks: The new shard system will basically overhaul the class, making it very unique from other casters and specifically mages. I dont expect any new demons, but maybe upgraded models or the old ones and a new ability for the Felguard, perhaps Hamstring. I also both hope and expect a new spell that will help specifically against melee.

Mages: more dots for fire.

Warriors: The stances will be updated a little,

Shaman: Fire Shield, and maybe one of the specs unlocking the usage of more then one shield at a time. Im hoping totems will be updated even more aswell. At least one new melee strike for enhancement.

Priests: aoe shielding for disc, ala Val'anyr. A strong shadow nuke.

Death Knights: Another minion to summon, perhaps an abom, or even a caster skeleton minion.

Paladins: Less survivability for ret, yet gaining a spell to slow your enemy.

Druids: Updated art for travel and aquatic forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh

Warlocks: The new shard system will basically overhaul the class, making it very unique from other casters and specifically mages. I dont expect any new demons, but maybe upgraded models or the old ones and a new ability for the Felguard, perhaps Hamstring. I also both hope and expect a new spell that will help specifically against melee.
    A lock with any clue at all can easily pwn a meele char(if he's affi anyway).

Warrior: fix the rage system, generate rage when attacking absorb shields and make TfB able to trigger even though the rend damage was absorbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

15+ Year Old Account

I'm expecting Hunters, Rogues and Feral Druids to be extremely OP the first few weeks/months of Cataclysm due to haste affecting energy/focus- regen.

Hopefully shamans will get Earthquake as a channeled AOE.