Thread: OOM!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: OOM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria
    as someone with a toon that does each role (tank, healer, dps) i LOVE LOVE LOVE fast tanks...

i pull fast, really fast. ill pull two groups if i know the dps is good enough to aoe them down. ill pull the whole god damn room and back peddle to the next if im running with guildies.

now obviously (in random groups) i can only pull as fast as the groups gear/skill allows but your damned sure im going to pull as fast as i can.

now everyones saying "well oom healer = dead everyone lawl stupid tanks" no shit sherlock ofcourse i check the healers mana before i pull but if your at 30% mana and theres just a small group that i know i cant fuck up and know your not going to need to heal that much? im sorry im pulling it. you get sit down and drink untill i need to be healed (if i need to be healed) or take swigs inbetween pulls. it will be fine.

as for dps? screw you, if you dont have mana when i pull you shoulda been drinking as soon as you went ooc and can stay drinking all you want. or learn to use your mana mangament / replenishment skills better, i cant think of a single mana-based dps class that doesnt have atleast one. me and the melee dps can start killing the next pull while you drink - admit it you only bitch because drinking cuts down your meter-whoring time.

if you dont like leave and wait another 15-30min for a group it only takes me 1sec.

and when you get a slow ass tank and it takes you an hour to clear old kingdom dont come running to me.
    As a tank, this makes me sad. I like to pull fast but what you don't realize is that the success of YOUR run depends on the group. If you're DPS needs mana and you're group wipes because the trash couldn't be dps'd down, it's your fault. Mana for DPS is just as important as it is for the healer. Sure there are tools for getting mana back but remember that those tools 'work over time'. They are not instant. You, as a tank, are not invincible and tbh, if you are being the ass tank that you present yourself to be, then they'd be smart to let you die. Survival of the team depends on the team, not the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by mahpally
    As a tank, this makes me sad. I like to pull fast but what you don't realize is that the success of YOUR run depends on the group. If you're DPS needs mana and you're group wipes because the trash couldn't be dps'd down, it's your fault. Mana for DPS is just as important as it is for the healer. Sure there are tools for getting mana back but remember that those tools 'work over time'. They are not instant. You, as a tank, are not invincible and tbh, if you are being the ass tank that you present yourself to be, then they'd be smart to let you die. Survival of the team depends on the team, not the individual.
    Drink between pulls. 1 or 2 ticks is more than enough to AoE everything down. Most DPS doesn't need mana at all, and those of us who do have a low-mana option or a way to regenerate it fast.

The only trash pulls you might wait for DPS to be at full mana is the groups of 5 after Ick in the Pit of Saron. For all other trash, let the Rogues do it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankette
    Playing the other side for a second, if you really want the tank to not make that next chain pull then don't heal him/her much at the end of the pull. A tank may or may not look at the healer's mana bar but they will certainly look at their own health bar. I haven't ever seen a tank charge into the next pack of mobs when he/she was at 25% or so health.
    Twats Tanks come in all shapes and sizes, a tank today pulled 3 packs in AK when he was at less than half health, the rest of the party were less than 75% and i (the healer) was at 50% mana.

Fast runs are fine, but when you are scrabbling around for mana and the tank isn't listening when you ask for 10 seconds for a short drink to get back into a comfortable mana zone its just not FUN. And then, for me, there's no point. Many people overgear heroics now but not everyone, and you should at least try to adjust slightly for your party members.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger
    Looks like I'd never be getting heals totems on 5 man trash is a waste of my mana.
    Exactly - and then you'll have to waste mana on LHW. See how beautifully it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Chainpulling is fine, so long as the tank is decently geared and not taking huge chunks of damage from trash in heroic UP then he can pull as he wants, I'll cope.

DPS refusing to buff I'm getting increasingly angry about. My new rule with shaman is that if I don't see 4 totems on the ground they don't get healed.

Me: My rule is if I don't see totems then you don't get healing mr shaman - consider yourself warned.
    *time passes*
    Shaman: Why you no heal me?
    Me: No totems, no heals, life is cruel
    Shaman: Srsly? But it's trash - it's easy! No need for totems!
    Me: Sure - it's easy - no need for heals then right?

At this point the shaman normally gets pissed and starts healing himself on trash, then ooms like a boomkin in feral gear and gets even more pissed. Eventually they start dropping totems.

I play a shaman, the only totem that can possibly contribute to ooming is magma, the rest cost bugger all, and certainly less than you make back on the mana spring over the course of a 20 second fight. There's no reagent. Stop being lazy fellas.

Just a word about this - shadow fiend. He's a little sod. If you use him on trash, likely as not you get f-all back, he gets distracted, the trash died he runs back like an eager puppy wanting instructions. I'd rather go into a boss fight on 2k mana and fiend at the start+HoH to a full bar in 7 seconds than blow the little b*stard on trash. Not all healers have DP or innervate, some of us have the fail squid of doom.

nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    If someone will tell me true meaning of life I will quit right away and start doing "that thing".