Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: The herd mentality regarding Oculus...

Kill off retarded drakes, only to be made a living Yo-yo by the first boss, try to get a single fireball off before melee chops him into bits and causes his pull to be cast more frequently-or make him stomp. Bombs are not the same as the ones in Mechanar, they just tickle.

TCH-PEEEW! Get a drake. Fly up. Kill 6 mobs retards aggroed on the way to the first platform. Kill off more trash, get more annoyed by the snowflakes.

TCH-PEEEW! Get on the Drake. Fly up to one ring. TCH-PEEEW! Get on the Drake. Fly up to the other ring. If your mounting up doesn't take double the time you need to kill off the mobs on the rings, then your DPS is low. TCH-PEEEW! Get to the boss fight, stand still, treat him like a Target Dummy. TCH-PEEEW! Get on the drake, fly up to the second floor.

Fight adds as the boss yaps about to you. His voice acting I find pretty nice, though I bet there are a lot others who thinks its annoying. Though I won't lie, it is annoying if it is your 3rd Oculus in the day. TCH-PEEEW! Killed off first island, fly to second.

Boss is a jerk, he keeps teleporting, yet you have to, yes, TCH-PEEEW! Get to the damn third island. Kill more adds. Fighting still takes half the time compared to mounting up.

TCH-PEEEW! Get to the boss. Kill him before he can even think about teleporting to the middle. He teleports while dead, still does his AOE, teleports back and insta-dies. You are slightly amused when you see this first. Less so after the million many times later.

TCH-PEEEW! Get to the Ley Guardian. Fight almost all his whelps surrounding the top because the retards want to use their drake more often. Fight Ley Guardian, possible few wipes here if the party is filled with people who just don't want to get how it is done.

Get loot, get emblems, die a bit more inside.

No thanks. Not again. I rather wait 15 minutes + waiting time as a DPS to get inside a random heroic.

I hate those drakes, and their lame ass attitude of "You fight, I'll go away, I'll come back when you call, but I'll just keep things slow here anyway." No more. No thanks. Never... again...
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Funny, where was all this Oculus love pre-faceroll-easy nerf?

Sure, it was easy before 3.3 if you weren't mentally handicapped, but I heard no one screaming then that peeps should just l2p.

Yes, there is a herd mentality that because a score of folks don't like it, others follow suit. However, it IS genuinely annoying to quite a few people...and Blizzard knows that. Otherwise, it would've never been nerfed so people wouldn't go apeshit when their new dungeon system plopped you into it.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

I'll do Oculus all day if I dont have to do CoT. Soooo much RP....
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

15+ Year Old Account

The only problem I ever had with Oculus was that I'd have to dedicate 5 minutes to typing instructions to my group to get it done. Generally there would be 1 other person that knew what to do if you were lucky. Theres a lot to explain and it sucks without vent.

Explain tanking, dealing with adds, use the dodge dealie, when to use the shield
    Explain dpsing, how rifting works, when to timestop
    Explain healing, must keep poison dot up, must keep curse up, make sure your frames can handle healing drakes

Then you gotta explain what to do when he phases out and where to meet back up after he comes back.

Typing that out 2 minutes after explaining to people how to kite the last boss around and how to hide behind pillars and also the exploding debuff really is a pain in the butt.

if ppl are looking for easy and fast emblems they shouldnt leave, the 15min debuff makes it faster to just complete occulus then to w8 until its out then reQue,

ppl saying it was hard be4... they have actually buffed the last boss, he can no longer be soloed by a green drake, and that sux! now i have to depend on others doing their job.

but as long as you have 2 ppl that can play the amber one last boss will be np. and there are always atleast 1 more besides yourself who know the encounter.

edit: tbh the best way is to alwasy que with some m8t, that wahy you will never have any problem with occulus.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

It's not about it being hard, it's like OK, it's just so fucking boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    Most people can barely comprehend the 5 buttons they have to press on regarding their class. I'm not gonna put up with it while they figure out how to press 3 more.
    Quote:
    When have I eva been able to reach a mage? He just freeze me, blink, freeze himself, make big dragonhead and confuse me, blink etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigj
    It's not about it being hard, it's like OK, it's just so fucking boring.
    This, and I don't like wiping due to others stupidity. Mistakes can be made by everyone but there are so many that just doesn't know how the **** to play.

I don't understand this, it's something different...

I rather leave CoT than Occ. Occulus is so fast and even if you have one retard, you can still easely do the place.

I just got Occulus tonight as my random. I get in, the tank gets in, and all three DPS promptly drop group as soon as they see what instance it is. The tank and I shrug at each other and requeue. Three new DPS promptly are added, but two decline the instance. Well, we're up to three that are interested in staying now. Queue again. Two are added and they decline. Queue again. Finally we get two more DPS that aren't douches and get going.

We stomp through the place easily. One of the DPS gets the time achievement with plenty to spare (the rest of us had it already).

We're done and out, laughing at the very real likelihood that the original three DPS are probably still stuck in the queue after waiting out their deserter debuffs.

Oculus. It ain't rocket science, folks.

15+ Year Old Account

Everyone seems to hate Occulus because of the vehicle fighting mechanics. Most of those who post on these forums hate vehicle fights, and I want to know why.

Is it the realtively slow movement speed of the vehicles? The introduction of the Z axis in terms of movement? Is it the 3-6 abilities that you have to use or even remember? In the latter case, it's no rocket science, read the tooltips, think logically where you'd use the abilities, and do it.

As others have stated, I'd trade CoT for Occulus any day, now that's a boring instance.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't remember people bitching so much about the Teron Gorefiend ghosts.. that was basically a vehicle. -_-

Did it today with a band of "Death's Demises". Took us 14 minutes; from when we first obtained the drakes.

Serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli
    The thing about people doing random LFG is that they want an easy HC for some quick easy badges. Basically all about time. Really, HC OC is not that hard, just more time consuming. (And yes, I am not ashamed to admit I cross my fingers for Azjol-Nerub every time I want a quick run LOL)

Occ is at 15-20 if you have a brain and is 6 badges.

6 Badges in 15 minutes... it's not as bad as you act.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Killaim
    Everyone seems to hate Occulus because of the vehicle fighting mechanics. Most of those who post on these forums hate vehicle fights, and I want to know why.
    I don't recall picking a vehicle as my class. I *don't* want to play a vehicle. I want to play a paladin and use it's abilities/spells.

The dungeon is also annoying in general. It's easy, but annoying.

I queue for a dungeon before I do my dailies, if a dungeon I like pops up, I stay. If something I don't like pops, I just do dailies that I was going to do anyways until the debuff wears off.

I also extend my lockouts of dungeons I don't like doing to lower the chances of getting them. Occulus = annoying, CoT=Takes too long, Old Kingdon = takes too long.

I don't actually care if I get occulus as tbh its short as hell.
    People have already said this but the only real reason people quit sttraight awaay etc is because of the first time they were in there wearing at best a few items from nax.
    Seriously anyone that still just leaves straight away you should just try doing it, its a puddle of piss now and is over soo fast, not to mention most people know there way around.
    Just ask in group who knows where to go once on the mounts, mark them and its plainsailing and over soo soo quick.
    Every group i've been in where someone doesnt have the speed achieve since the lfg tool has got it that run cos it really is that easy now.

I haven't (barely) learned to play my class properly to then be forced to play minigames. I don't like it, s'all. Sue me.

The most annoying thing about Occulus is the obligatory guy who knows some "great tactic" though.