Black Magic or +63 Spell Power

So on my elemental shaman im not sure which enchant is better Black Magic or +63 Spell Power. Anyone know which is better?

Re: Black Magic or +63 Spell Power

63 Spell Power.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Haste scales very well with Elemental.. however Spellpower is still top notch to Elemental and should be prized over haste in all regards.

That being said with how Black Magic works with a 35s cooldown and lasting 10s, this enchant is much more potent than +63 spellpower in my opinion. Every caster in my guild has been using it pretty much as well as the Elemental shaman and I use it on my offspec set. I'd like to see some numbers though to officially prove whether or not this is definitely better or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggrukor
    Haste scales very well with Elemental.. however Spellpower is still top notch to Elemental and should be prized over haste in all regards.

That being said with how Black Magic works with a 35s cooldown and lasting 10s, this enchant is much more potent than +63 spellpower in my opinion. Every caster in my guild has been using it pretty much as well as the Elemental shaman and I use it on my offspec set. I'd like to see some numbers though to officially prove whether or not this is definitely better or not.
    I think it's a 45 sec ICD.
    There have been numbers, and the spell power is a lot more beneficial, as much as I'd love to link them for you I don't have any links. But yeh, 63 Spell Power>Black Magic any day.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I have seen numbers that say 35s ICD and 37s ICD. It seems to me that it should be 35 since 37 is not a number that Blizzard would most likely go with on an ICD.

Yeh, but I remember seeing 45 seconds .
    Plus that's the cooldown which most trinkets/procs are on nowadays anyway.
    But, prove me wrong and I'll believe you mate!

15+ Year Old Account

Black Magic works out to 67 or 68 haste. Imagine enchanting your weapon with 67-68 haste. If you are a class/spec that values haste equal to spellpower (1:1 or close to 1:1), then it is worth it to enchant a 1-hander with Black Magic. It's definitely not going to beat 81 Spellpower.

The 45 seconds number is wrong. It's 35 seconds.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Prefer how it's front-loaded personally.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

The ONLY problem with this enchant is movement. With Might Spellpower you will ALWAYS have that static spellpower but with this if you have to move and it happens to proc.. well you just wasted the full duration and have resulted in a DPS loss.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12336&e=12887

What is this link? Lady Deathwhisper from some guild killing her with 3 people using Black Magic. Quick math time.

The fight lasts 9:11, the amount of procs is known.
    551 seconds divided by 15 and 14:
    Considering movement, downtime and RNG...I could hope on 35 seconds.

Is it worth it? That is up to you.

Black Magic generally loses out to Mighty Spellpower in almost all situations. There are potentially some circumstances when it can be better, but then you have to ask if it's really worth the tiny gain in some situations to have such a big loss in others.

I looked at it in some depth on my blog.

The ICD is 35 seconds, but there'll generally be 37-39 seconds between procs in a best case scenario.
    Zamir's Blog // Elemental Beginner's Guide // Elemental ZAP! Spreadsheet // TotemSpot Community

Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies you will not find another.
    -- Carl Sagan

Deleted

The ONLY problem with this enchant is movement. With Might Spellpower you will ALWAYS have that static spellpower but with this if you have to move and it happens to proc.. well you just wasted the full duration and have resulted in a DPS loss.
    you speak the wise words of truth, Wise eagle of the woods!

i'd personally pick spellpower as well. especially after reading this.

After using Zamir's ZAP spreadsheet the only time that Chant even comes out with a none negative numbers is when your haste is already low. Once you hit 600+ Haste it loses out since after your Buffs and own Items with haste it turns out less haste then its worth. The chant is nice for starting shamans I would say but after you get gear with haste and good raid buffs you start to lose out on the Haste value it gives back due to Diminish return.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

63 spellpower def! Black magic can be good for some fights, but overall the +63 spellpower is better!