Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: malfurion stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Totle
    Just a quick question regarding him... when he comes back, is he going to be taking over the Night Elves as their racial leader?
    I wish, but no. Malfurion is leading the assault on Ragnaros in Mount Hyjal as the leader of the Cenarion Circle.
    Vek'nilash/Skywall US

Quote Originally Posted by Totle
    Just a quick question regarding him... when he comes back, is he going to be taking over the Night Elves as their racial leader?
    Malfurion isnt part of the alliance, he cant be if he is to lead the cenarion circle a chaotic good faction, same deal with thrall, whatever he is doing he cant be in the horde to do it. Malfurion for as far as we know cares nothing for the alliance, only for the night elves, nature and druidism, it wasnt his choice to join the alliance, it was tyrande's doing whilst malfurion was in the emerld dream, Malfurion more than likely knows nothing of the night elves joining the alliance.
    Malfurion is Neutral, so im afraid he wont be an alliance leader

and for all you lolers out there saying he hates the orcs
    "He is grateful to the orc and human armies for their assistance against the Burning Legion and welcomes visitors of those races with open arms", key part there "with open arms"
    sourced from wowwiki.
    so he doesnt hate orcs, cenarious isnt really dead and he will be neutral.
    Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warriorbest thread ever
    [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/*updated*icecrown-what-really-happened-spoilers-ahead-!/]http://www.mmo-c

Doubtless that Malfurion isn't happy with the orcs and what they are doing to Ashenvale currently, and I'm sure he wasn't happen with them for killing Cenarious either. He realizes however that...

1. The entire horde were not the ones who killed Cenarius and deforested Ashenvale, both deeds being perpetrated by the Warsong clan. He's wise enough to know that all orcs are evil, many like Thrall are quite good in fact and thus he is willing to work with them.
    2. There are bigger threats to the world than a few orcs cutting down trees. If it's not the Burning Legion, then it's Ragnaros trying to burn down the new World Tree. If it's not Ragnaros it's likely going to be fighting the Nightmare in the Emerald Dream. For these reasons he is willing to work members of the Horde in order to help better preserve the world.
    3. He knows that Cenarius is still alive in the Emerald Dream, and I'm kind of doubting that Cenarius himself is holding any deep grudges against the orcs as a whole for what happened. Like Malfurion, he isn't spiteful and deluded enough to believe that an entire race is evil.
    3.a On the side, by the time the Emerald Dream finally becomes open in WoW, I'm thinking that Garrosh will have found his heroic niche (it was hinted by Blizzard that he is not as bad as people have been making him out to be, which makes me believe he still has hope). I would personally find it to be awesome if Garrosh helped defend Cenarius in some fashion in order to make up for the misdeed his father did, but that's just me.

Finally I just wanted to say this. I know all of you Alliance players must be getting peeved by all of these heroes who were previously on your side exclusively becoming neutral characters. First there was Tirion Fordring, and then Khadgar in Outland, and now Malfurion. For the last five years none of your NPC's have been very notworthy in WoW while the Horde still had active figures like Thrall and Saurfang. They tried with Varian Wrynn but he kind of fell short it seems. And now another hero is becoming neutral. Must be maddening.

But y'all got to ask yourself one thing. Was Malfurion himself ever an actual member of the Alliance to begin with? Think about this. In WC3, the night elves were their own faction. They didn't officially join the Alliance until later, in between WC3 and WoW. Around that same time Malfurion went back to the Emerald Dream to help battle the Nightmare. If he ever did join the Alliance himself, it was for a very brief period of time.

Probably doesn't help quell your irritation I know, but if it's any consolation, the Horde is likely losing two of it's leaders to neutral standings as well: Thrall joining the Earthen Ring to help heal the world after the Cataclysm (anyone who still says that he's becoming the next Guardian is a freaking dumbass btw) and Cairne going with him (provided he doesn't get killed by Garrosh...*sigh* rumors ).

I'm guessing Malfurion isn't going to be in ashenvale during cata - probably the only reason the orcs can get away with the crap they are trying to pull there is because there is so much destruction and chaos going on in Azeroth now that Malfurion has bigger fish to fry.

I'm still secretly hoping that he shows up at the end of a long quest chain in cata ashenvale to blow the crap out of the orcs in the most epic use of phasing ever lol (maybe even make it like the wrathgate cinematic ).

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc
    What about it? Unlike his "shoot first and ask questions later" wife, Malfurion is slower to anger and more understanding. Only a small portion of Ashenvale has been cut down. Ashenvale is a zone, but Ashenvale forest entails most of Northern Kalimdor. But is not understandable? Where else would you get enough materials to construct Orgrimmar? Durotar? The Barrens?
    1) During cata, a much larger chunk of ashenvale will be cut down.
    2) On live servers, you can do an alliance quest that specifically states the orcs are cutting down more lumber than they can possibly use (and this is BEFORE they take another huge chunk of it in cata and start BOMBING it).
    3) The new Orgrimmar is made more out of metal than lumber - some of the lumber from the old Orgrimmar is likely salvagable too. There's probably enough driftwood along the coast of durotar to rebuild the small huts that were destroyed out in the barrens.
    4) Azshara belongs to the horde now, and the goblins will even do all the labor for you (they are remodeling anyway).
    5) Ship some via zepplin from STV or shadowpine.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Not ideal?

The wood harvested in Ashenvale comes on the blood of countless battles and people... your telling me it's easier to cut trees in hostile territory constantly getting attacked then it is to go to Ashzara which is close and get no grief at all?
    Yes. Prior to contact with the night elves, the Warsong Clan established a lumber camp in Ashenvale forest. After they established this camp, then the Night Elves attacked them. The camp is there and still established. It is much more efficient to hold a smaller piece of land with a highly concentrated amount of good lumber than a sparsely populated region of questionable quality lumber. The goblins will expand in Azshara, but they will use it for a quarry, while the Warsong Clan still lives in Ashenvale forest. (I am still not entirely sure what Thrall was thinking when he decided to settle the scarce lands of Durotar.)

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid
    Tyrande attacked because the orcs had killed Cenarius. Attacking someone that killed your demi-God and friend ... how weird!
    Tyrande attacked the orcs without explanation prior to the orcs killing Cenarius. When the orcs defended their lumber settlements from the night elves attackers, Cenarius became involved and the orcs further retaliated.

Ashenvale forest is loads shorter than you make it to be, Ashenvale Forest is just in Ashenvale, seeing Felwood is inbetween Ashenvale and the rest of the northern Kalimdor (not counting Darkshore). They could get their trees from Un'goro or Azshara. Isn't that much worse than fighting over every inch of land with the night elves.
    From Wowwiki:
    Ashenvale, also known as Ashenvale Forest, is a wilderness region south of Darkshore and Felwood, west of Azshara, and north of the Stonetalon Mountains and the Barrens. Ashenvale is also the term used for the larger forested region which includes most of western Hyjal including Azshara.
    So Ashenvale is specific game zone, but in the larger context outside of the meta-concept of zones, it is an expansive geographic region outside of simply the Ashenvale zone.

Killing your teacher and friend for so many years is NOT personal? Please tell me you are joking, the only reason Malfurion sided with the Horde was because he knew the might of the Burning Legion, seeing he had fought them in the past (War of the Ancients)
    Yes, I get that part, but you also assume that Malfurion would not understand the complex circumstances that surrounded Cenarius's death. Also Malfurion does not seem to mind Cenarius's death too much since he is still communing with him in the Emerald Dream. Have you ever heard Malfurion speak poorly of the orcs or Horde?

Because its not like the Horde razing Ashenvale all the way to where Astranaar stands now is against his allegiance to the night elves and Azeroth?
    And here enters the stupidity of Grom Jr, though it is still understandable given the destruction brought about by the Cataclysm. Right now, Malfurion's attention is on Mt. Hyjal. But it is unknown what his response would be to the Horde. You assume that it would be hostile, while I am of the position that he would be far more detached and neutral in his approach to the situation.

Cenarius was KILLED by the Horde. Sure, you can say the fel orcs killed him, but what does the current Horde do? They CONTINUE destroying Ashenvale, the reason he attacked them, AND the son of his murderer is its leader in Cataclysm.
    And I do not deny that Cenarius was killed by the Horde. The question is, however, to what extent Cenarius holds the grudge given new knowledge about the orcs.

BTW: So much of all of this has been "screwed" up by the Knaak novels. For example, if the green-skinned Broxigar had fought alongside Tyrande, Malfurion, and Cenarius, you would think that the sight of green-skinned warriors 10,000 years later would have given them pause. Furthermore, if Broxigar was a veteran of the Third War, you think that he would have been fully aware that his kind would end up killing Cenarius and given them all forewarning.

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=3797#drops

wowhead shows that this Ashenvale NPC has been killed/looted at least 20,000 times.

the Horde are not only killing the forest but they are killing Night Elves on a regular basis. It's just plain dumb to think Malfurion wouldn't be upset about it.

Considering Cenerius tried to wipe the orcs out before for doing the same thing!

but your right.... who hold grudges.

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=3797#drops

wowhead shows that this Ashenvale NPC has been killed/looted at least 20,000 times.
    the Horde are not only killing the forest but they are killing Night Elves on a regular basis.
    Okay? How many times has the Crossroads been raided?

It's just plain dumb to think Malfurion wouldn't be upset about it.
    Upset and disappointed. But what has Malfurion said about orcs or the Horde?

Considering Cenerius tried to wipe the orcs out before for doing the same thing!

but your right.... who hold grudges.
    There is a difference between holding grudges and immediate threats. For night elves, the orcs appeared as an immediate threat. For orcs, the night elves and Cenarius appeared as an immediate threat. The difference is that the orcs were originally attacked unprovoked. Of course I do believe that the Warsong Clan is probably chopping down some trees to be passive aggressive against the night elves.

I play both Horde and Alliance regularly, and these issues are much larger than whatever petty squabbles people have personalized in their fetish attachment to the Horde and Alliance.

I've never raided the crossroads. Most Alliance I know head for Eastern Kingdoms to level asap. :-\

It would be one hell of a run to mess around in the Barrens.

Upset and disappointed. But what has Malfurion said about orcs or the Horde?
    Who knows what he'd say if he saw the atrocities the Horde are commiting to the forest and to his people.

One would assume he would tear Orgrimmar to the ground... but thats just wishful thinking

This.

And since the Ashenvale thing is such a big issue on some people's minds, let's not forget what the Alliance is doing in South Barrens. Invading the area and burning down villages? Very noble indeed. I wonder what Malfurion would have to say about that.

Someone said they did it out of retaliation for all the dwarves being killed in Bael Modan, but considering the dwarves were already encroaching on Tauren holy lands in their precious search for artifacts...

Well I'm just saying that it's exactly the same thing that's going on in Ashenvale, just a reversal of roles. I guess when the Horde does it we're suppose to think that it's evil but when the Alliance does it it's "righteous vengeance".

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Misinformed. No wherehas it been said he will be neutral. He is reported to be leaving the Horde, Garrosh taking his place as Warchief, but that does not mean he will become neutral.

I do agree with the post about sharing leaders. I don't like it either. Malfurion is Alliance.
    I could see Thrall as being neutral.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt his problem mostly with varian?
    Don't forget that without sentry totem raid bosses would often sneak up on us.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Montey
    because they do not like being friendly with alliance pigs
    Thrall has been kinda neutral-ish in WC3, I'm not surprised if he will be neutral in Cataclysm although that would really dissapoint a lot of players.

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410
    This.

And since the Ashenvale thing is such a big issue on some people's minds, let's not forget what the Alliance is doing in South Barrens. Invading the area and burning down villages? Very noble indeed. I wonder what Malfurion would have to say about that.

Someone said they did it out of retaliation for all the dwarves being killed in Bael Modan, but considering the dwarves were already encroaching on Tauren holy lands in their precious search for artifacts...

Well I'm just saying that it's exactly the same thing that's going on in Ashenvale, just a reversal of roles. I guess when the Horde does it we're suppose to think that it's evil but when the Alliance does it it's "righteous vengeance".

Hmm...
    When those dwarves go and drink some demon blood, then head into Thunderbluff and kill Cairne and a bunch of Tauren THEN you can call it "righteous vengeance".

Which Alliance group are you speaking of burning down villages?

15+ Year Old Account

Hold it!

All wait here!

....People actually raided crossroads? Cause last time I checked, Alliance would "walk" around it..
    At least, thats how it was for the last years...

Also: Malfurion will be Neutral, no doubts about it. Logical? Hell no! Its like a (Sorry if Insult people with this) African American Joining the KKK.
    Dawwwwwww

I never do the quests to help the warsong clan in ashenvale, because I dont like ashenvale being chopped down. Clearing out a forest is baad...
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5
    Hold it!

All wait here!

....People actually raided crossroads? Cause last time I checked, Alliance would "walk" around it..
    At least, thats how it was for the last years...

Also: Malfurion will be Neutral, no doubts about it. Logical? Hell no! Its like a (Sorry if Insult people with this) African American Joining the KKK.
    you bet they do!

also (sorry if it insults someone) I always hated the term "african american"... They are black american americans...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zox
    also (sorry if it insults someone) I always hated the term "african american"... They are black american americans...
    I wanted to put "N word here", but you get called a racist for accidentally walking to hard over a black tile these days.
    Dawwwwwww

When those dwarves go and drink some demon blood, then head into Thunderbluff and kill Cairne and a bunch of Tauren THEN you can call it "righteous vengeance".
    Haven't the orcs already paid enough for that by being incarcerated for more than a decade in internment camps? Haven't they repented by rejecting said demon blood and helping to save the world from the Burning Legion?

In the eyes of some, I guess not.

Secondly, your argument might hold some water if it were orc lands that the Alliance were invading and destroying, but considering it's the tauren, who never drank a drop of demon blood nor did any of that stuff you're describing, it seriously doesn't.

Which Alliance group are you speaking of burning down villages?
    Alliance in general, but most likely out of Theramore. Alliance put a sizeable presence in South Barrens and they raze Camp Taurajo. I'm curious as to why though, other than your basic anti-horde sentiment or because they just want to try and divide the tauren from Orgrimmar. Either way, it's not exactly a noble move from the faction who likes to brag about their nobility.

But those days were done the second Varian Wrynn said "Return the Northrend and conquer it in the name of the Alliance."

Also, if it is out of Theramore then that adds weight to the theory that Jaina will be losing rulership there, yes?

I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5
    I wanted to put "N word here", but you get called a racist for accidentally walking to hard over a black tile these days.
    In one of the Star Trek original series (and that was in around 1964) an image of Lincoln comes on the ship, and sais the "N word" or something very similar to Uhura, and apologises later. And Uhura answers "we are not afraid of words anymore"...
    I wish it were true, and ppl won't be so obsessed about political correctness and stuff... saying something "politically correctly" can be just as insulting if it's ment to be.

Deleted

Malfurion is with the Alliance http://www.wowwiki.com/Malfurion

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410
    Haven't the orcs already paid enough for that by being incarcerated for more than a decade in internment camps? Haven't they repented by rejecting said demon blood and helping to save the world from the Burning Legion?

In the eyes of some, I guess not.

Alliance in general, but most likely out of Theramore. Alliance put a sizeable presence in South Barrens and they raze Camp Taurajo. I'm curious as to why though, other than your basic anti-horde sentiment or because they just want to try and divide the tauren from Orgrimmar. Either way, it's not exactly a noble move from the faction who likes to brag about their nobility.

But those days were done the second Varian Wrynn said "Return the Northrend and conquer it in the name of the Alliance."

Also, if it is out of Theramore then that adds weight to the theory that Jaina will be losing rulership there, yes?

I guess we'll see.
    I don't think they are from Theramore possibly some militants who served Jaina's father who was killed by Orcs...

You are aware what the other option Alliance had other then prision camps right? You should be thankful that was the result you got.

Also no I'm afraid a small force that Archimonde ripped through at Hyjal will attone for the years and years of killing done by the Horde to the Alliance.

Even as we speak simply having Garrosh belittle the Alliance King shows a lack of respect on Thrall's part to keep his peons in check when dealing with possible allies. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Enlightness
    Malfurion is with the Alliance http://www.wowwiki.com/Malfurion

Affiliation Sentinels, Cenarion Circle, Druids, Alliance