Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Feral druid armpen 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    I meant if you're waiting with a full energy bar, 2 seconds left on Rake and you choose to do Mangle/Shred instead of reapplying Rake, you will be a tad to late for Rake aswell, which is also a DPS loss.
    Again, no. GCD is 1s for Cat Druids, so a single Shred will leave you plenty of time (another full second) to prepare for your Rake as your energy begins to regen back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlendorn
    I feel that everyone here seems to have lost the point of this post which is armor penetration. Thanks blizzard for screwing over the feral tanks by giving us useless stats on tier gear so we can't really use it!
    Yes, this is a sidetrack, but the OP wasn't about ArPen on tank gear either... >_>

1. Keep rake up (refresh it as soon as it's expired but not before) If you have 2t9 bonus (1 more tick), if you haven't the 2t9, well mainly a waste of energy and loss of dps.

2. Aim for hard cap, it's easy with current gear now.

I feel that everyone here seems to have lost the point of this post which is armor penetration. Thanks blizzard for screwing over the feral tanks by giving us useless stats on tier gear so we can't really use it!
    ArP is far from useless as a feral tank. It's just not a defensive stat. Threat is an important part of tanking though.

As for cats, I'd highly suggest softcap until you actually can hardcap. Use cheap agi gems if you must.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

From the sims I've been doing it really just depends what gear you have. I'm currently running a softcap setup with NES and deaths verdict.

Your best setup will depend on
    1) How much ArP you can acquire (should be easily in the 800-900++ region once you're finished with toc and getting properly into icc25)

2) Your trinket setup. To stop using an ArP trinket such as NES/GT etc you're going to need something decent to replace it with. I'm using Deaths Verdict + NES, so I'll start hardcapping when I have something good to replace NES with (Deathbringers Will would be nice, but loads of people who aren't even using ArP setups seem to be saving themselves for it, bastards).. will probably end up using DV + the frost badge trinket.

As for clipping rake and the bug, I dunno where you guys are getting the idea that clipping rake is a good idea, there's nothing good about it, it's basic math, THINK about it. Lets say you clip it with 2 seconds left using 2t9, during a 5 minute fight you'll be using rake 5 times more than you needed to - you could have saved yourself the energy and got 4 free shreds out of it. Do you seriously think the TINY improvement in rake uptime is going to outweigh the dps from 4 free shreds? No chance, nowhere near. Don't clip rake and you won't get bothered by the bug - you'll improve your dps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    ArP is far from useless as a feral tank. It's just not a defensive stat. Threat is an important part of tanking though.
    If you are having threat issues with others of similar gear level. Please stop tanking now as to not embarrass the feral druid community anymore.

If you are having threat issues with others of similar gear level. Please stop tanking now as to not embarrass the feral druid community anymore.
    Well, you need to stop being an ass, since Feral Druid do sometime have problem with threat when we have no rage.

Begining, we are ok compare to Paladin's and Death Knight's threat. This the timeframe when Hunter, Warlock, and even ret paladin do their all out attack before we hit the boss with a melee attack. That why I sometime ask my DPS to wait 2 second, before burning the boss.

Middle, we are in god mode for threat.

End, that adds or boss better be dead.

So going back to the OP's question, does anyone have any information on what's better:

1) soft cap ArP with gear / gems and and an ArP proccing trinket (mainly Mjolnir Runestone, Grim Toll and Needle-Encrusted Scorpion) and gem the rest of the way agility

or

2) try to go for the hard cap even though you might reach it but you will still get to around ~1000+ ArP and possibly can use 2 agility trinket (or the 60 emblem of frost one w/ haste)

Don't complain about the stats that are making sure we don't have threat issues then?

And actually, I did stop tanking a long time ago. Druids are wasted on tanking when they could be dpsing or healing. Not saying they are bad tanks, but they are OP as dps and healers.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Atm sitting at 1161 arp passive. 1246 with food/elix, will get exactly 1401 (100.1%) with the Saurfang trinket. Praying for all the f&^%ing DKs/lolrets/rogues/huntars to not to get in my way.
    Now the question is to what to replace with first T10 token out from my gear?

15+ Year Old Account

ArP is one stat that provides our threat instead of having leather itemized with strength.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Ontis
    Atm sitting at 1161 arp passive. 1246 with food/elix, will get exactly 1401 (100.1%) with the Saurfang trinket. Praying for all the f&^%ing DKs/lolrets/rogues/huntars to not to get in my way.
    Now the question is to what to replace with first T10 token out from my gear?
    either replace a piece that had arp on it or one that doesn't have arp on it because all t10 has arp on it

I'd go with the head or chest, considering the gloves, shoulders, and legs have a chance to drop from VoA when it comes out. Would suck being the only feral in the raid (happens a lot to me) and having a piece actually drop for once that I already have.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Wenger

I doubt the shoulders will drop from VoA. Odds are pants & gloves again.