dual wield frost specs

so i was thinking pest build

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jMZG0e0AbcofzfuzAofM0hxM

vs

ITT spec

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jZG0exAbczf0cuzAofM0hxM

tell me frost dual wield users which one do u think is better in a raid situation like in toc or icc

Deleted

Re: dual wield frost specs

I don't play frost duel wield, but i'd imagine that with the pestilence build would come out on top. Lots of frost damage comes from OB so the less frost/unholy/death runes you waste refreshing diseases, the more damage you could kick out. Well, that would seem logical anyway.....

15+ Year Old Account

No, just no. You spec into dw frost to bring raid utility ie IIT, and you can't use Glyph of Disease because IIT only procs when you use Icy Touch.

Your so called pest build has talents that actually gain you no dps whatsoever. Deathchill is worthless, trust me you will get the KM procs non-stop. Imp Frost presence in no way helps you dps, that is survivability only, and if you aren't surviving in ToC or ICC quit standing in fire or get better healers. Hunger cold, while sometimes useful is still a dps loss via talent point, and let me tell you there are tanks that will get pissed if you use that while they are tanking. Lastly, Subversion...yes it looks pretty on the outside, trust me when I say that Oblit crits all the time.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jZG0e...ofM0hxM:skaMmV

Plain and simple, you always use it because it has good single target dps and AoE dps as well. If you want more AoE dps I suggest OS as Unholyfrost.

so ur saying that you would obtain more dps through starting over the rotation ithan just oblit, blood strike and pest?

There is no set rotation now for DW Frost builds. It's a priority list.
    It goes something like this:

1) Killing Machine -> Rime
    2) Killing Machine -> Frost Strike
    3) Keep Frost Fever up
    4) Keep Blood Plague up
    5) Obliterate
    6) Blood Strike
    7) Frost Strike
    8) Rime
    9) Horn of Winter

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

The spec that Gracin linked is a great spec however, that spec does pull an assload of threat. If you plan on using that in anything other then a raid your probably going to have to hold back because of threat. With mostly 232 gear and a 4600 (gearscore addon) i pull about 5k threat on average with that spec in heroics. In the end I respecced because most pug tanks werent going to be able to hold off of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Yea like threads about retards in LFG imply all WoW players are retards

I mean if you are fat then you are fat, this thread won't make you more offended than the mirror.

Icy Talons procs off of frost fever so you do not need to keep using icy touch. I glyph hb to apply frost fever so I can use oblit more.

If you want to look up my armory its http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&n=Madvillain

Quote Originally Posted by nastyn99
    Icy Talons procs off of frost fever so you do not need to keep using icy touch. I glyph hb to apply frost fever so I can use oblit more.

If you want to look up my armory its http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&n=Madvillain
    If you're doing a single disease rotation you're already wrong.

|EDIT| And no, Icy Talons does not proc off of Frost Fever ticking it only procs when it is applied with Icy Touch. Glyph of Disease doesn't accomplish this because its not "applying" the disease its merely refreshing its duration.

To ammend Gracin's build i would take the 2 points out of blood caked and put them into morbidity for even more aoe dps. If aoe dps is what your looking for.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

pest do reset Icy Talons.....it is base on Frost Fever
    the problem is u need to reset your 21 sec DOTs every 20 sec to max your DPS,and this is not easy on moving fight

Quote Originally Posted by vkei
    pest do reset Icy Talons.....it is base on Frost Fever
    the problem is u need to reset your 21 sec DOTs every 20 sec to max your DPS,and this is not easy on moving fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Elitist Jerks
    Furthermore, using GoD to refresh Frost Fever will prevent Imp. Icy Talons from reapplying, costing your raid 20% melee haste.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t83319-f..._frozen_blows/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Beasticus
    To ammend Gracin's build i would take the 2 points out of blood caked and put them into morbidity for even more aoe dps. If aoe dps is what your looking for.
    To that I would have to agree for the most part, but in my experience with dw frost we normally don't have the necessary runes/GCD to pull that off efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatch
    The spec that Gracin linked is a great spec however, that spec does pull an assload of threat. If you plan on using that in anything other then a raid your probably going to have to hold back because of threat. With mostly 232 gear and a 4600 (gearscore addon) i pull about 5k threat on average with that spec in heroics. In the end I respecced because most pug tanks werent going to be able to hold off of me.
    While I will admit it does do a shit ton of threat in heroics, you have been getting some bad luck with pug tanks. If it is an issue with a warrior tank, make sure he vigilances you. If there is a paladin have them Salv you every now and again. Otherwise run with better tanks, and I don't mean better geared. Ran with a 29k Buffed gnome warrior the other day in HPoS that killed it on threat.

/lesigh Why can all tanks be intelligent.

Back on topic, normally when I find the threat an issue, its during trash because I know to blow up the casters first(apparently all the horridly new players don't) and tanks normally don't usually seem to do the most threat against the casters for some reason. But that's the great part about pulling caster threat as a dk, we have so many tricks to interrupt and avoid magic that its a non-issue.

And hell just /y my motto if you pull a threat on the mob and the tank complains...

I'LL TANK A BITCH