Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Keybindings for a moonkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Iqe
    if you ever wanted to be a clicker prob boomkin is the only spec you could still be good and get away with it. I would suggest just starting out simple and try my macro i sent for dots and then you would only really needing to maybe click a few things at first but could get in the habbit of doing your dots and wraiths and starfires from keys then work from there
    Yep, a good idea matey. I'll use that macro and bind the keys. I'll be practicing in heroics and easy raids to see what difference it makes Thanks
    Raissmo - Feral Druid - Turalyon EU

Quote Originally Posted by Raissmo
    And clickers watch the grass grow I know what he wrote, and i pointed out that i'm not staring at my action bars all the time.
    I just wanted to know if binding your keys is better, and if so, why?. Binding things like innervate, treants, barkskin is very usefull, i get that now. Having all your abilities close by is indeed a good point. Anything else?
    reading this makes me want to punch a baby if your clicking you have to look at your bars spam click anywhere on this page watch how your mouse ever so slowly moves , there is 100 things weighing in the favor of keybinds over clicking if you cant figure them out. well just leave it at that pretty much will sum up what level you will always play this game at. he was trying to help you as was others

i'm prob just cranky my wisdom tooth broke in half

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Iqe
    reading this makes me want to punch a baby if your clicking you have to look at your bars spam click anywhere on this page watch how your mouse ever so slowly moves , there is 100 things weighing in the favor of keybinds over clicking if you cant figure them out. well just leave it at that pretty much will sum up what level you will always play this game at. he was trying to help you as was others
    Lol, was posting a reply, and than i saw the wisdom tooth thing. Dude i had the same problem 3 weeks ago. Lots of pain. I had called 36 dentists that day to get an appointment. Hope you'll get help mate.

When i start a boss fight i'll do this:

IFF - Moonfire - spam wrath. Now IFF and Moonfire take 2 secs. I now where they are on my bar so i don't have to look at it. While spamming wrath 2 or three times, i get another 2 or 3 secs to watch Squawk and awe, the raid (maybe battle res needed) my health and mana. Then comes the starfire spamming, which is at least 17 seconds. Lots of time to do whatever i need to do. Rinse and repeat.

I just wanted to point out that binding keys won't make me go faster, or do more dps. You guys were right about the fact that it makes it easier. Having all spells within reach of one hand sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyshockTalniEU
    if you are an clicker doenst you make an bad player my friend is an clicker(hunter) he tops the dps charts and never stand in shit.
    True its does not make you a bad player, i guess i could do my dps with my genitals and some baby oil but why make things harder and messier than they have to be?

1 = MF
    2 = IS
    3 = Wrath
    4 = SF
    5 = Typhoon

then i have my roots/cyclone/barkskin bound to my mouse

everything else I click because it has a decent CD associated with it

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

If you don't keybind ALL your spells and attacks I think you missed something out. After playing with keybinds for years it feels so NOOBISH to click on anything. Start bind your spells asap or you will always be a pure noobie wow-player. This is my opinion so i don't give a shit about yours. And by the way binding is not only about binding the spells you use the most. L2P Scrubs!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gitax
    If you don't keybind ALL your spells and attacks I think you missed something out. After playing with keybinds for years it feels so NOOBISH to click on anything. Start bind your spells asap or you will always be a pure noobie wow-player. This is my opinion so i don't give a shit about yours. And by the way binding is not only about binding the spells you use the most. L2P Scrubs!!!
    So clicking is for noobs is your argument? No sir, we are not interested in YOUR opinion

Yeah, i heard that before. But i still don't know why that is. Is it because your faster with keybinds? Coz i feel the GCD doesn't allow you to be faster then clicking.
    The treants on a mouse button might be helpfull though.
    I heard wasd turning is pro (as you got your mouse on ur spells lol)

Very simple example where keybinding is always gonna be faster is when swapping targets.

If you are a clicker you have to do:
    - Move mouse to right target
    - Move mouse back to action bar
    - Click your ability

In raiding you often have to swap to another target temporarily and if you click everything you basically waste 1-3 seconds every time you have to swap to a new target which just makes you do worse dps.

I'm sure there's pretty capable people out there who click their abilities, but i don't know of anyone who tried out keybindings and then went back to clicking anyway because they preferred it. You just give yourself much more freedom (and less chance of rsi by having to move your mouse around constantly )

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nenaunir
    Very simple example where keybinding is always gonna be faster is when swapping targets.

If you are a clicker you have to do:
    - Move mouse to right target
    - Move mouse back to action bar
    - Click your ability

In raiding you often have to swap to another target temporarily and if you click everything you basically waste 1-3 seconds every time you have to swap to a new target which just makes you do worse dps.
    Hehe, you're right of course. Maybe i should've mentioned that's the only keybind i use. Swapping targets

Hehe, you're right of course. Maybe i should've mentioned that's the only keybind i use. Swapping targets
    if you would click, how would you move if you have to?

with your mouse?
    - you cant click right now, and you lose dps.

with wasd?
    - you can still click, but you walk like a handicapped person, and lose dps/die because of the slow turning/bad movement.

clicking also makes you less aware, as you do indeed watch where you click aswell (keybinders know where the keybinds are after some weeks of using them, but you will (most likely) always be watching where you click, or missclick because you don't)

either way, yes clicking makes you bad, don't be so dumb and just keybind your abilities and don't lay your char to waste.

Since your mostly used spells can fit in the 1-5 range on your keyboard, why would you want to click them with your mouse anyways?

I have:
    1 - starfire
    2 - wrath
    3 - moonfire
    4 - insect swarm
    5 - hurricane

G - treants
    Q - Innervate
    T - on use trinket (when I had one)
    E - IFF
    V - starfall
    F - entangling roots
    Shift-V - abolish poison or decurse (usually you don't need both in one fight)

Should probably bind rebirth as well, but I'm a bit too lazy for that

edit:
    Have also healing spells binded, 7-0 on the keyboard, want them out of the way so I don't accidentally use them.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    if you would click, how would you move if you have to?

with your mouse?
    - you cant click right now, and you lose dps.

with wasd?
    - you can still click, but you walk like a handicapped person, and lose dps/die because of the slow turning/bad movement.

clicking also makes you less aware, as you do indeed watch where you click aswell (keybinders know where the keybinds are after some weeks of using them, but you will (most likely) always be watching where you click, or missclick because you don't)

either way, yes clicking makes you bad, don't be so dumb and just keybind your abilities and don't lay your char to waste.
    So i shouldn't use wasd, which i'm doing now. So your idea is using the keyboard for anything except moving, and using the mouse only for moving.

Oh yeah, i would've been stupid if i hadn't asked anything and didn't try to improve my game by asking other people's opinions.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SBS
    Since your mostly used spells can fit in the 1-5 range on your keyboard, why would you want to click them with your mouse anyways?

I have:
    1 - starfire
    2 - wrath
    3 - moonfire
    4 - insect swarm
    5 - hurricane

G - treants
    Q - Innervate
    T - on use trinket (when I had one)
    E - IFF
    V - starfall
    F - entangling roots
    Shift-V - abolish poison or decurse (usually you don't need both in one fight)

Should probably bind rebirth as well, but I'm a bit too lazy for that

edit:
    Have also healing spells binded, 7-0 on the keyboard, want them out of the way so I don't accidentally use them.
    That's really helpfull mate! Thanks. And i guess you're using the mouse to move?

I haven't bound wasd, so I can still use keys to move, it really depends on what I'm doing, but yeah I guess it's mostly the mouse during a fight.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks SBS. You've been really helfull

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

So clicking is for noobs is your argument? No sir, we are not interested in YOUR opinion
    Having a hard time to read?! Yes it is.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gitax
    Having a hard time to read?! Yes it is.
    Having a hard time to read? We are NOT interested in YOUR opinion

I just wanted to ask you guys if you used keybindings for your moonkins. Is it usefull? Of course i'm talking about the spells. Since we only have 2 instant casts in our rotation i don't really see the need for it. Or am i missing something here?
    keybindings are personal, put em as you like and then modify if its not good.

My own bindings have formed while im leveling the class, and im happy with em.

There is no better way than learning the best bindings during level 1-80