Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Path of the Titans, Rankwatch, Blue posts

I swear I'm not trying to sound like an asshole, and I love this site, but I'm starting to feel like part of the reason wow gets so old so fast after a patch is b/c everything that is "new", is dissected and analyzed to the point that it's not really new at all.

Obviously reading it and playing it are two different things, and it's my own fault for looking, but I think I'm gonna start skipping a lot of these spoilers in the hopes that they will feel newer, longer.

Then again maybe the game is just getting old. Someone the other day said: "wow is no longer epic, it's just another game". Sad, but true.

Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented

Keep in mind that wow is a pretty big game and complicated, since i even still need to search where some head enchants or shoulder enchants are being sold.

Either way i had a friend starting wow and when i visited him, he was playing warrior and never checked his spellbook with his moves. He was playing with the standard buttons on his bar...So yes its quite possible that new players can be overwhelmed with all the options and buttons and never played mmo and dont know where to find their spells and such..

However hes doing fine now and in a harcore guild 180 ranked... Heehe, so yeah u can call it dumb but its quite strange if u wouldnt have figured it out till level 80 but i guess its possible for some people since u dont meet so many people levelling ....

When my charater hits maxium level the first thing i do before starting gearing up is checking that my spells are up to date. Naturally, when i'm dual-specced i do this on both specs. You only need to do this once and now when there is an option to hide the lower leveled spells this is even easier.
    Sure, Rankwatch comes handy when leveling up when you get new skills every two levels. Anyone can forget to upgrade them sometimes when they dont automatically do it. What i'm suprised about is that max leveled people too are using out of date spells, guess it just goes to show how slow / absent-minded some people can be.

I wish they would buff Warrior tanking already. Dks abbilities pull so much damn threat even when it says you have 100% aggro.

Not enough Emblems of Frost, i agree. Consider this from the standpoint of someone who doesn't do ICC a lot, for whatever reason. Currently the only way to get Emblems of Frost (as far as i know) is by doing the weekly raid quest (5 frost, 5 triumph) and by doing 1 random heroic dungeon (2 frost). So assuming you do the random heroic every day and complete the weekly raid quest, that is only 19 Emblems of Frost per week. Now some of the items require 95 Emblems of Frost, so thats 5 weeks to attain that one item?. Personally i feel that we need another way to attain Emblems of Frost.

/start flame war

I do not care, this is how i feel and i am sure i am not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolith
    Not enough Emblems of Frost, i agree. Consider this from the standpoint of someone who doesn't do ICC a lot, for whatever reason. Currently the only way to get Emblems of Frost (as far as i know) is by doing the weekly raid quest (5 frost, 5 triumph) and by doing 1 random heroic dungeon (2 frost). So assuming you do the random heroic every day and complete the weekly raid quest, that is only 19 Emblems of Frost per week. Now some of the items require 95 Emblems of Frost, so thats 5 weeks to attain that one item?. Personally i feel that we need another way to attain Emblems of Frost.

/start flame war

Why would you need to quickly obtain top level tier gear if you are not regularly running the content for which it is designed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolith

/start flame war

This makes NO sense. Why would you need 251s and 264s if you are not running ICC??? The way Blizz has it set now is that you can get to CC by just doing heroics. If you do lots of heroics and get full triumph gear, you should be ready for ICC....

"There aren't a lot of huge decisions you make in WoW, beyond perhaps your class and maybe your guild. But there are a lot of little decisions that when taken together make the game fairly compelling."

Ok... sounds fair enough.

"We're changing spellpower, attack power and armor pen for other reasons, not really because they're confusing... AP makes us split leather stats in weird ways that make it attractive to warriors and hunters. It's just a cleaner design where everyone has a primary stat: Str, Agi or Int. Those are simple explanations to the point of almost being inaccurate, but you get the idea."

Sounds pretty uncompelling to be honest... I wish Blizz would stop dumbing down the game.

Ur taking WoW and making of it warcraft, by simplyfying the stats and making them dumber. I like more stats, i feel good when choosing the wright one, also loot list will be ......... Why remove def stats from a tank? tank is a tank defence cap is somthaing that diferentiate him from melee dps apart from other stats, Attack power and spell power.... ok lets cut the crap blizzard. There is only one reason in the world why are u doing this, so that 12 year old kids that started playing in wotlk can easyer manage a char. Witch is just not fair since ur making other people that played their chars for couple of years did the math, looked at loot list, tryed diferent talents etc now, feel like idiots, Ur making all the forums, stats builds, websites guides, and people that play for years obsolete and not needed. And why? to make it easy for 12 year old kids and casuals, and your desighners witch will make gear instead of 6 stats now they have to put 3. I know its pointless to write this since proly no one from blizzard will read so it becomes a pointless qq, even if someone readed it still woudnt do anything, but i just had to say some things.

Wow, sounds like another B.S. system where I spend 6 months trying to get everything only so blizzard can then release a patch that allows people to get everything I spent 6 months on in a week, or a few days.

"Everyone eventually gets all their glyphs"

"catch-up mechanics important"

RankWatch is a bit annoying.
    Yes I do know I'm using rank 8 Flamestrike at lvl 80, but that's in conjunction with Rank 9 so the dot stacks and gives me more crits for Hotstreak.

(From a mage PoV)

Quote Originally Posted by Raegon7
    Yes I do know I'm using rank 8 Flamestrike at lvl 80, but that's in conjunction with Rank 9 so the dot stacks and gives me more crits for Hotstreak.
    You must have run into an old version of RankWatch, since that was added as a special case about 3 versions ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunor
    Ur taking WoW and making of it warcraft, by simplyfying the stats and making them dumber. I like more stats, i feel good when choosing the wright one, also loot list will be ......... Why remove def stats from a tank? tank is a tank defence cap is somthaing that diferentiate him from melee dps apart from other stats, Attack power and spell power.... ok lets cut the crap blizzard. There is only one reason in the world why are u doing this, so that 12 year old kids that started playing in wotlk can easyer manage a char. Witch is just not fair since ur making other people that played their chars for couple of years did the math, looked at loot list, tryed diferent talents etc now, feel like idiots, Ur making all the forums, stats builds, websites guides, and people that play for years obsolete and not needed. And why? to make it easy for 12 year old kids and casuals, and your desighners witch will make gear instead of 6 stats now they have to put 3. I know its pointless to write this since proly no one from blizzard will read so it becomes a pointless qq, even if someone readed it still woudnt do anything, but i just had to say some things.
    Even if someone from Blizzard would sacrifice 10 min of his/her life to decrypt your wall of bad grammar it's still pointless QQ-ing. To remove all the retarded, unneccesary stats is one of the best decisions ever. To everyone who likes going back to naxx25 to get more avoidance gear in the middle of totc25 progress or sell their souls to the cloth devil when they should wear mail: Blow me!
    Finally, hopefully, gear which is supposed to be upgrades will be!

And to those who like to micromanage their stats, go through hours and hours of theorycrafting just to make a simple yes/no decision when that item drops: You got your life back! Congrats!

This new Path of the Titans and gear customization (Reforging), is really sounding good. Since I live on battlegrounds and world PvP all I want is Damage and Survivability bonuses. I don't want Haste! I want Str and resistance to slow effects!