Poll: Do you think T10 should drop from VoA just like the previous tiers did before?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Poll] Vault of Archavon and T10!

So, do you think tier 10 should drop from VoA just like the previous tier-sets did before it?

My personal opinion is that it should NOT drop from there. I simply can't stand people having end-game gear without any effort at all. I myself went from 2/5 t9 to 4/5 t9 in one run back in the days when t9 was impressive and hard to get. I just felt ashamed rather than happy about it, some silly luck made me one of the best geared mages on the server for a very short period of time. (inb4 "cool story bro").

Yes, I want to gear up as fast as possible, YET I don't want it to be free and based on luck. So what do you think?

TL;DR: Do you think T10 should drop from the new VoA boss? Please explain why you think so.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Re: [Poll] Vault of Archavon and T10!

Yes it should.

I did the vault regularly and got not one drop for T9, bad luck is bad luck. Maybe a T10 will be in my future.

Grats on getting 2 T9 pieces in 1 run... :-\

I also think that there were probably better geared mages then 4/5 t9 on your server

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Grats on getting 2 T9 pieces in 1 run... :-\

I also think that there were probably better geared mages then 4/5 t9 on your server
    I did not intend my poll to focus on this, I was just giving an example :P
    Vol'jin fanboy

well considering the new boss wont be out till like mid jan and most people will be 2/5 t10 it wont really matter by then

I dont think it should, but i know once the new boss is available my guess is it will drop t10 and give frost badges.

No. Last tier of the expansion and theorically hardest one shouldn't drop off a boss that can be tanked by a holy priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    I myself went from 2/5 t9 to 4/5 t9 in one run back in the days when t9 was impressive and hard to get.
    When exactly? I think by hard to get you mean impossible, then the time whould be pre 3.2. Otherwises... there was no time, when 232 and 245 T9 was "hard to get".

less pvp gear, more welfare epix.

if it's going to be a roulette, at least make it be for stuff us RAIDERS (being the ones who RAID instances like this) will use!

make a PvPchamon, the Player Watcher who drops all pvp welfare loot if you want that stuff in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

um this is why it only drops teh pants and gloves. Even with the best of luck, you can only get two upgrades, which two 245 epics surrounded by blues does not mean your geared. You cannot rely on Vault to gear your character, it is just a for you to get a small boost if your guild isnt clearing hardmodes one handed.

What are you talking about, the true top end tier (heroic 25man) didnt drop for t9 in VoA and wont drop for T10 either
    Sharkughash, resto shaman (main): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Aradhel, Ret Pally (alt): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

I believe that all the VoA bosses should've only dropped sub-tier gear to begin with. With Blizzard's new philosophy, they outline that they just want everyone to experience all the content they have made. T10 is essentially the end, the last of the gear to get before cataclysm and thus the "key" to the new content in cataclysm just like T9 is the "key" to T10 content.

In this mindset, the VoA bosses should only help new 80's by providing the gear to get them into the next level of raiding and not give them the reward for the next level of raiding.

10+ Year Old Account

uhhh... Blizzard is making VoA bosses drop tier and season gear.. all the time. The next boss will be released when the new season is out. that boss will then drop T10 and S8 gear (idk if its S8 or S9, lol)

Make it drop only pvp itemz ;D
    Nah seriously, Archavon,Emalon,Koralon dropped,why shouldn't Toravon drop aswell?
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

I think if it does drop any it should be the 251 and not the 264. i kinda didnt like that Koralon dropped the 245 stuff instead of the 232 stuff

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skateman
    um this is why it only drops teh pants and gloves. Even with the best of luck, you can only get two upgrades, which two 245 epics surrounded by blues does not mean your geared. You cannot rely on Vault to gear your character, it is just a for you to get a small boost if your guild isnt clearing hardmodes one handed.
    Which is kinda funny because all the people struggling and saving frost badges buy the cheap pieces first, shoulders and *gasp* gloves. Always funny in VoA to hear/read someone cuss out Blizz because they just bought/gemmed/enchanted the gloves/legs which just dropped.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Lets just keep it the way it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya
    Which is kinda funny because all the people struggling and saving frost badges buy the cheap pieces first, shoulders and *gasp* gloves. Always funny in VoA to hear/read someone cuss out Blizz because they just bought/gemmed/enchanted the gloves/legs which just dropped.
    While blizzard might decide to switch it up and not make him drop legs and hands again (like he has the last 2 tiers...) I've made sure to warn most people in my guild to not buy hands or legs until it opens. Personally i'm going for shoulders and chest. If it is legs and hands again... I'm the only raiding warlock in my guild

let's say it drops and average of two pieces of PVE T10 in 25 mode (conservative, since Koralon also dropped pvp boots, necks, etc...)
    4 classes with 1 set, three with 2 sets and three with 3 sets, so 4+6+9 = 19 sets.
    Now 1/19 = 0.526, so (1-1/19)^2 chances for this not to drop, which makes +- 10.3 % chances per run to see one piece drop every week.

Tell me honestly how many times you were the only one rolling on a Archavon items ? I think saying there is one other person rolling is a fairly conservative hypothesis.

So that's roughly 5% chances per week to get a piece of T10.

Now also tell me how many bad players out of 25 a Koralon/Emalon run can handle without wiping ? Be honest.
    I'd say above 50% players, maybe even less if tank and/or heals are included, seriously jeopardizes the chances of killing the boss.

So that leaves 2.5% chaces per week that a bad player (poor bad players) gets

Over 3 month of weekly Archavon bad players get to +- 26% chances of getting ONE SINGLE T10 ITEM.

Poor elite raiders, that must ruin their virtual lifes...

I dont care. Altho I wont carry blue geared (Unless its my own guild) towards T10.

Yes i want it out because t10 and pvp gear is easy enough to get as it is, may as well get it faster