Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Time to band together, Elemental Shamans.

i don't think much will happen in terms of actuall dps boosts, fixes yea

will u be sunwelled for anything? NO
    so yea, u will still be in the raid, perhaps a bit lower dps, but they won't kick u.
    and blizzard ain't really got the mindset of all classes being in 200dps of eachother on fight X,
    as long as they keep u in in your raid, i can't seem to think you will get huge buffs.

though, they want to fix things faster etc these times, but they ain't happy with shaman itemization either (sp and haste above all else or something, a post about it by a blue), and they will change all the talents and stats for cataclysm, which imo seems like double work for em, fixing now, and then again?

hope this makes some sense, extremely tired and a bit drunk
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

To clear it: (About your first post Bergg.)

Point 1 (The bug): Yes i agree, it's shitty.

Point 2 (Got the highest turnover rate): Yes i agree, no doubts.

Point 3 (Totems): Yes, no doubts, it needs to get fixed, we got several useless totems that isn't useful for anything, Searing totem / Magma is an option to use now since ToW isn't useful in raids as long as a Demo lock is alive.

Point 4 (Waiting until Cataclysm): There's nothing we can do about it, there has been posts up for i don't know how long, Ghostcrawler seems like a person that jumped straight into Blizzard without any experience of the game, it's not going to happen anything until Cataclysm (Hopefully)

But the posts after that where you stated some stuffs, i disagree with some of it, some not: we all got different aspects of it, respect that as others should respect your post.

As i said before, nothing about you, i'm not saying that you're bad, or doing wrong, would just make me happy to see another Elemental shaman that know how the fuck to play as it, not as some random tards you see around with more then 2 blue gems or gearing after Gearscore and whatnot. But from what i was reading, some of the last posts was looking like QQ'ing posts, if it wasn't, then there's no issue.

However, we can hope for the best to get somewhat close to Mages etc classes DPS, but i doubt it will happend, with the aspect that Ghostcrawler etc got of Elemental Shamans VS Mages, it's something like: They're pure DPS classes, you're a hybrid class, you should not even be close to their DPS... which isn't true and neither his aspect of totems and shit, cause they blow ass.

Remember when warriors crashed a server for buffs? Or when caydiem slept with kaplan to get druid their ridiculous buffs. (http://www.wowwiki.com/Caydiem)

i think to fix ele shams they have to rework the whole spec but to see a new rework of a spec we would have to wait for cata to come out not to mention i feel we have a 40% chance that blizz will slap us in the face and keep us in the same state we are now or make it worse

though wat i find stupid is that mages(my main) only problem is making frost pve viable( not to far away from that) and fire pvp better(also not to far away) is going to be solved first before eles

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Chitzu
    WAIT! can you read? "As it goes for Interrupting, it barely costs us any mana at all and on top of that it doesn't trigger a GCD, which it does for rogues etc at a higher cost of "mana" if you would try to make them equal in one term."

What i'm point out is that he said that any other DPS doesn't lose any DPS by interrupting, sure.. they don't lose as much DPS as we do, but in the long race it's about equal considering the Energy/Rage cost of interrupting, now Warriors isn't a good example to include here since they got Rage floating out of their ears.
    Hm... you don't play a Warrior, Rogue or Death Knight, do you?
    I mean... I could understand if you haven't played a Warrior or Rogue high enough to know about their Interrupts, but come on... everyone has a DK >_>

The best Interrupters are.... wait for it... wait for it... ENHANCEMENT SHAMANS!
    Yes, I said it. And do you want to know why?
    Because their interrupts is off GCD and only costs them a tiny bit of mana, which is no problem at all. (if you go oom with sometimes interrupting, than you're doing something wrong)

That wasn't hard, but here is something interesting: The worst interrupter (with low-CD-interrupts, so no Mages/Paladins) are ELEMENTAL SHAMANS.
    And no, this does NOT have anything to do with mana. This is because to interrupt, we have to stop casting. And if we don't, then it COULD already be too late and the cast could have finished before we could even interrupt.
    So yes, even with our Interrupt being off GCD, we sometimes have to stop a cast to interrupt, which costs us from ~6k to 10k damage.

Now... rogues have to pay 25 energy... but guess what... that does NOT equal 6-10k damage, it's less. Same goes for DKs and Warriors.
    And now to the reason why you don't know shit:
    Their interrupts are off GCD, too! Which is the reason you see so many rogues/dks/warriors/enhancer interrupting.

TL;DR: ALL low-CD-interrupts are off GCD, which is why Enhance is the best Interrupter (lowest cost) and Elemental the worst. (having to stop casting to interrupt can cost a lot of DPS)

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

ele for wow life ;D

like its been posted quite a few times already theres nothing really blizz can do to boost ele shammy DPS without making them too bursty in PvP hence why its looking like we are pretty much screwed untill Cata comes out.
    Only viable way to increase ele shammy raid dps would be to possibly change the tier 10 bonuses to something like say +5% flame shock dot damage, or some other similar effect like we had in the past where a DoT effect was added to our spells, which would help maintain some dps on a high movement fight
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Hm... you don't play a Warrior, Rogue or Death Knight, do you?
    I mean... I could understand if you haven't played a Warrior or Rogue high enough to know about their Interrupts, but come on... everyone has a DK >_>

The best Interrupters are.... wait for it... wait for it... ENHANCEMENT SHAMANS!
    Yes, I said it. And do you want to know why?
    Because their interrupts is off GCD and only costs them a tiny bit of mana, which is no problem at all. (if you go oom with sometimes interrupting, than you're doing something wrong)

That wasn't hard, but here is something interesting: The worst interrupter (with low-CD-interrupts, so no Mages/Paladins) are ELEMENTAL SHAMANS.
    And no, this does NOT have anything to do with mana. This is because to interrupt, we have to stop casting. And if we don't, then it COULD already be too late and the cast could have finished before we could even interrupt.
    So yes, even with our Interrupt being off GCD, we sometimes have to stop a cast to interrupt, which costs us from ~6k to 10k damage.

Now... rogues have to pay 25 energy... but guess what... that does NOT equal 6-10k damage, it's less. Same goes for DKs and Warriors.
    And now to the reason why you don't know shit:
    Their interrupts are off GCD, too! Which is the reason you see so many rogues/dks/warriors/enhancer interrupting.

TL;DR: ALL low-CD-interrupts are off GCD, which is why Enhance is the best Interrupter (lowest cost) and Elemental the worst. (having to stop casting to interrupt can cost a lot of DPS)
    Are you retarded or what's wrong with you? Go and quote the phrase where i said that ELEMENTAL shamans were the best interrupters, go ahead and quote the line with "Elemental" and "Shaman" together at the same line as "Interrupting". That's right, will take you a while cause i never said that Elemental Shamans were, i said that Shamans were, and hey haha... we got 3 speccs, did you know that? it could be either of them, so please gtfo before you hurt yourself.

As i said before (pretty sure i did in some post) we're the ones that possibly lose the most DPS on it, but not everyone can top the charts, whichever class that remains down there would QQ, a huge fucking circle of QQ'ing.

Now, as posted before as well, this is old, i've already stated what points i agree to and what i don't because whatever reason, so shut up now alright, you're making no sense about quoting posts which is days old, if Bergg wanted to bring these points up that he did from the original post, then let it stay at that point, i support his attempt to bring it up and actually get Blizzard to do something, but that doesn't mean that i agree to it all and know what? i don't care about your opinion either, so stick to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by soniqboom
    like its been posted quite a few times already theres nothing really blizz can do to boost ele shammy DPS without making them too bursty in PvP hence why its looking like we are pretty much screwed untill Cata comes out.
    Only viable way to increase ele shammy raid dps would be to possibly change the tier 10 bonuses to something like say +5% flame shock dot damage, or some other similar effect like we had in the past where a DoT effect was added to our spells, which would help maintain some dps on a high movement fight
    This is wrong. On my Destro Lock I can do more burst damage than my ele shaman currently. Same with my marks hunter. Plus with resil and health pools are large at they are now at end game, this is less of an issue than it was during the beginning.

Ele looks to behind pures by about 15% and other hybrids like paladins by 10%. This is much more akin to the TBC hybrid tax of 20% which GC said they were trying to fix this expansion. People need to supply Blizzard with more information and light up the forums in order to have this fixed before Cata.

Blizzard has confirmed there will be another patch before Cata, make sure for 3.31 that Ele concerns are addressed there.
    Convictions are greater foes of truth than lies.
    All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
    Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages it is the rule.
    Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate. You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Are you retarded or what's wrong with you? Go and quote the phrase where i said that ELEMENTAL shamans were the best interrupters, go ahead and quote the line with "Elemental" and "Shaman" together at the same line as "Interrupting".
    This is an ele post, if you want to talk about enhancement shaman interrupts, you're in the wrong topic.

I've played my shaman since BC release, and always found myself coming back to Elemental (Don't know why) and I just went back and found it fun. I only have about 30 Frost Emblems so i'm not close to any tier 10. See that it is bugged makes me pissed, I hate the poor itemization in ICC. I've look in the first 4 bosses and no pure Ele pieces drop for me, so I say, why bother? I raid Enhancement but work on my Elemental set as my main. I really want Blizz to help us out. The Ele shaman is a FUN class to play imo. Don't let us die out.

10+ Year Old Account

Blizz doesn't care about ele shams period. we are going extinct because we get no gear in raids. our bonus sets suck ass, and our shit is bugged ( at the moment). Although i have to give blizz a hand giving us one piece of sp/haste/crit mail gear for frost badges, thats a first. we have 2 abilities, occasionally 4, AND they nerfed one of our abilities (Lava Burst). WTF???? nerfing ele shamans??? we are the ones who need help. Anyway i hope blizz gets their act together otherwise we will be no more and always at the bottom of the meters.

15+ Year Old Account

Go Enhance!

Jk I don't need more competition.

Bump for elemental!

Quote Originally Posted by Chitzu
    However, we can hope for the best to get somewhat close to Mages etc classes DPS, but i doubt it will happend, with the aspect that Ghostcrawler etc got of Elemental Shamans VS Mages, it's something like: They're pure DPS classes, you're a hybrid class, you should not even be close to their DPS... which isn't true and neither his aspect of totems and shit, cause they blow ass.
    I don't know why people keep using the we are hybrids, they are pures arguement, but then say something like this. Guess what, not all hybrids are like this (war/dk without a doubt). Most people that aren't just QQing for the sake of QQ arn't asking to be put on par with mages. It would just be nice to not suck as much as we do now.

Our guild normally only runs 1-2 shamans (more if we are missing healers) on progression fights, and this is due to our subpar dps/damage done (1 of those shamans is always resto, the other is either another resto or an ele...sadly we don't have an enh atm ). I would like it if the only reason players didn't get to raid was cuz of their ability, and not class/spec selection.
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...50171394&sid=1

Have a read of that Berg I found that while checking out the Shaman forums.

I think you mentioned some of it in your other threads.

EVERYONE BUMP THAT THREAD^.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...50171394&sid=1
    The user made a post in the damage dealing thread exactly the same and was banned and the thread locked.

AT LEAST SOMEONE READ IT!

BLIZZARD I WANT THIS FIXED > > >
    More Pewpew less QQ