Deleted

Which race for a shaman?

Hi, I'm thinking of rolling shaman but I'm not sure which race to pick.
    I didn't roll sham before because of the totems (I'm horde) but now maybe I will.
    So, I don't like the dwarf totems so that rules them out ... but has anyone seen the goblin totems , would it be worth the wait for a goblin shaman?
    I'm 50/50 about the troll/orc totems and I feel that their racials are more or less equivalent.

Any opinion or info would be nice!

Re: Which race for a shaman?

racial benefits > totem skins

enhance-wise:
    orcs are superior if you're absolutely (key word) going to have axes/fists as weapons, plus the attack bonus.
    i went with troll as berserking doesn't exclude weapon choice, and also helps with all specs.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fizzcrank&n=Detramental

Orc or Troll

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by detramental
    racial benefits > totem skins

orcs are superior if you're absolutely (key word) going to have axes/fists as weapons, plus the attack bonus.

i went with troll as berserking doesn't exclude weapon choice, and also helps with all specs.
    Of course , but when I tried shaman I quit because of the totems .. I really couldn't stand looking at them.
    I will probably be ele so I think troll would be better , again I would like to see the goblin totems to decide though their racials seem orientated towards PVP. (I almost only do PVE)

racials are getting redone in cata so if you're going to pick a race specifically for the racials just be aware they may change. if you're going with aesthetics then its really up to your personal taste...i enjoy the big and peaceful tauren for their size and backstory but its whatever floats your boat...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

15+ Year Old Account

Enhancement: Orc - fist/axe passive bonus, atp ability on use, and extra damage from pets (includes spirit wolves).

Elemental: Troll - berserking is that bit better than blood fury in that area.

Resto: Coin toss imo.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane
    Of course , but when I tried shaman I quit because of the totems .. I really couldn't stand looking at them.
    I will probably be ele so I think troll would be better , again I would like to see the goblin totems to decide though their racials seem orientated towards PVP. (I almost only do PVE)
    All other races will get an overhaul with their racial abilities and passives so no point comparing around Goblin with current Orc/Troll/Tauren racials.
    Basically, if you want to level up a shaman now, don't enter Goblin in your equation. If you can wait then you should wait til more info regarding Cataclysm is released in 2010.

We haven't seen Goblin totems yet.
    And i like Orcs best for Shamans.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD
    racials are getting redone in cata so if you're going to pick a race specifically for the racials just be aware they may change. if you're going with aesthetics then its really up to your personal taste...i enjoy the big and peaceful tauren for their size and backstory but its whatever floats your boat...
    I could have rummaged through posts but I can't be bothered, what kind of redoing are we looking at? Will it be drastic enough to completely modify which race is "BiS" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion
    All other races will get an overhaul with their racial abilities and passives so no point comparing around Goblin with current Orc/Troll/Tauren racials.
    Basically, if you want to level up a shaman now, don't enter Goblin in your equation. If you can wait then you should wait til more info regarding Cataclysm is released in 2010.
    Ok but would it be worth the wait?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Well, if you're going to pick based on totem skin, you have the option of:

Axe head (orc)

Voodoo mask (troll)

Same old same old wing-sticks (tauren, but who rolls tauren shaman these days?)

Out of what's currently available, I prefer the aesthetics of the troll totems because come on, masks on sticks is amusing.

Really, if you're going to make a racial decision based on aesthetics, there's absolutely no point in asking us, because what looks good to us is not necessarily what looks good to you.

We have not been given any information on what goblin totems look like (to my knowledge), and it's going to be a while before Cataclysm comes out anyway, so you might as well pick one and get it over with--you can always race change later.

You should consider the current racial abilites and compare it to what spec you plan on going. You want Blood Fury if you're going enhance, but you may like the Beserking racial of trolls if you're going to be a caster (ele/resto, although I'm not sure how much resto benefits from haste, but that's another story for another day).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon

Really, if you're going to make a racial decision based on aesthetics, there's absolutely no point in asking us, because what looks good to us is not necessarily what looks good to you.

We have not been given any information on what goblin totems look like (to my knowledge), and it's going to be a while before Cataclysm comes out anyway, so you might as well pick one and get it over with--you can always race change later.

You should consider the current racial abilites and compare it to what spec you plan on going. You want Blood Fury if you're going enhance, but you may like the Beserking racial of trolls if you're going to be a caster (ele/resto, although I'm not sure how much resto benefits from haste, but that's another story for another day).
    Ok thanks but again can't be bothered to dig it up, how long would it be before it will be possible to race change to the new races? I'm speculating a few months maybe so even more wait. :P

I'm sorry. If you can't be bothered to do ANY research yourself then we can't be bothered to do all the work for you. Cata is going to equalize all racials anyhow (read: not the same, but not one extreme best race). If this is purely a "I don't like the way this looks" then sorry, nobody can help you with that but yourself.

Add to the fact that there have been MULTIPLE threads on this very same subject. Do some work yourself first.