Pre-Raid Elemental Help

Decided to work on the Shaman. With work I've not had time to do any kind of raiding, though in the time I do get to play I'm trying to prepare for it. Looking for some suggestions on how to proceed with the pre-raid gearing.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7Ganis&n=Jevan

I'm mainly concerned about the Rings, Trinkets and Wait slot as I'm aiming for a drop in H PoS for the Mudslide boots. With all of the hit on the 2 rings and the one trinket, I'm not sure how to proceed and still maintain the hit that I need.

Any help/tips and constructive criticism are greatly appreciated.

Re: Pre-Raid Elemental Help

You need 289 hit you know. Go to toc 5 normal and farm the abyssal rune. Also there is a spirit/spellpower/haste ring from badges that is not that bad .... an upgrade for sure. (though i cry every time i see shaman wearing spirit). You need Arcane Loops of Anger neck and seethe from forge of souls, the boots from Pits of saron. There is a nice waist from HoR too ... though cloth and you might be unable to need it in the dungeon tool (same goes for the offhand there).
    About the other trinket .... you might be able to get a group for os 25 or ulduar 10 razorscale. (especially razorscale if you are lucky with the weekly raids)

Quote Originally Posted by ilialilov
    You need 289 hit you know. Go to toc 5 normal and farm the abyssal rune. Also there is a spirit/spellpower/haste ring from badges that is not that bad .... an upgrade for sure. (though i cry every time i see shaman wearing spirit). You need Arcane Loops of Anger neck and seethe from forge of souls, the boots from Pits of saron. There is a nice waist from HoR too ... though cloth and you might be unable to need it in the dungeon tool (same goes for the offhand there).
    About the other trinket .... you might be able to get a group for os 25 or ulduar 10 razorscale. (especially razorscale if you are lucky with the weekly raids)
    Shamans cant use swords.

Oh my bad xD (playing my mage a lot now) well the battered hilt is by far the best weapon you can get pre raid the dagger from toc 5 heroic is not that bad too

Rysiir, I suggest you just do Heroics and buy every Embem of Triumph upgrade that you can. Once you're done with that, gem/enchant to the soft hit cap until you reach it, and then you can hop into ICC 10/25 just fine.

Remember that gear isn't nearly as important as skill.

I appreciate the advice/tips. My only remaining question is about hit rating. Considering that the only raiding I would be able to do is strictly PuG, how important is it that I maintain the 368 (14%) hit rating required without an Spriest or Boomkin around?

Would there be a noticeable difference for me in everyday dungeon running etc... if I just maintained the 289 (11%) hit rating, and hoped for an Spriest or Boomkin in any raids that I manage to PuG?

Aim for the 289 (always above it ofc). You shouldn't choose your gear about heroics. And in raid you will most certainly feel the difference of 80 haste instead of that 80 hit overcap

Quote Originally Posted by thrack18
    Shamans cant use swords.
    Might want the Surgeon's Needle instead then from Garfrost in Pit of Saron H. (Or the hilt ofc, if you get lucky.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bergg
    Rysiir, I suggest you just do Heroics and buy every Embem of Triumph upgrade that you can. Once you're done with that, gem/enchant to the soft hit cap until you reach it, and then you can hop into ICC 10/25 just fine.

Remember that gear isn't nearly as important as skill.
    Appreciate the advice Bergg. Now, if only Mal'Ganis wasn't the home of crazy GearScore requirements, I may be able to try a PuG here and there lol.