Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How much do you charge for a port?

I always supply portals for free. Like a few silver in rune costs makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettyo
    I usually ignore whispers like portal to dala as i find that ignorant if somebody says hi mate could i have a portal please ill just do it free and if somebody just offers me cash i take it lol
    This.

Though, sometimes, if it's someone being a dumbass I make a port to stonard and hope they don't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    This.

Though, sometimes, if it's someone being a dumbass I make a port to stonard and hope they don't notice.
    Rooofl I did this last week and SS'd the kid raging all over me and posted it on my guild forum. We enjoyed it thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    People tipped me 5g for ports at level 60, when having 2000g was like having 100k now. Now they expect me to accept 5g? Please. It's the same reason I don't enchant or make tailored shit for less than 100. People tipped me 50g at level 60 for MC enchants, why would I accept anything less now that gold is much easier to come by? You'll pay me something I actually value, or you won't get a port. 5g is not even enough for me to open my spellbook. I wipe my ass with 5g.
    Time to stop plowing wow?

Most of the time I can't be arsed, when I can be arsed however, I have a little rule.

If someone makes me laugh they get it for free.

If someone asks me nicely, and coherently, I let them decide on the fee.

If it's "port dala 5g plz" followed by spamming my trade window as if I'm expected to provide some type of service it's 10-50g (depending on how likely I think I can get away with it).

And it's nice to see I'm not the only mage who at least follows the first rule, I told a mage in Orgrimmar last week (while on an alt) that I'd put his dog in a coma if he didn't make me a Dalaran portal. Didn't pay a penny. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    Time to stop plowing wow?

plow..ing?

Anyway, I don't play this game to give away ports. I dunno why you think that's fun for me. Make it work my time or don't expect a port, it's no different than real life. I give ports out sometimes, but it isn't because you are offering me 10g, it's because I don't mind it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd

plow..ing?

Anyway, I don't play this game to give away ports. I dunno why you think that's fun for me. Make it work my time or don't expect a port, it's no different than real life. I give ports out sometimes, but it isn't because you are offering me 10g, it's because I don't mind it at the time.
    Agreed.

Recently I was not asking for tips with portals and enchanting. People would take it and run without tipping. Now, if its a guildy or a friend I won't charge anything, hell sometimes I won't even ask for mats (and I am talking 600-800g berserker enchants).

But for total strangers its be nice and tip 5g for a portal or I am AFK buddy. For enchants I get mats and a tip or I don't do the enchant. I have simply had enough with the free loaders on my realm. It cost me a great deal of time and money to level my enchanting. People think they don't have to tip because they can log out after I give the enchant and it is just disgusting.

To add, when I was getting enchants for my gear and didn't have it, I would ALWAYS tip the enchanter 20-50g depending on the enchant level. If its a guildy I will always offer a tip, and they will have to refuse it to get me not to tip.

yea, people that don't have a mage don't get how annoying the spams are.

But when ur busy doing something(like hurrying to the mail box, or finishing off enchants for ur new gear)
    then someone spam's you with. PORT PLEASE.

loL

And porting annoying people to Stonard is EPIC payback :P

also this mage in my server started his own taxi service, he told me he made like 150g once during an hour span.

When someone's being a douche with ports, I'm being a douche. This includes :
    - Making a solo-port once I get the gold : "You asked for a Teleport, not a Portal, thanks for the gold" (works better in French )
    - Wrong destination ports (Theramore, Exodar)
    etc...

What we usually do with a Priest friend of mine, is, at the end of raids (usually when they're full of retards), we stack my Dalaran port, my Theramore port, and his Atiesh Karazhan port. Juste priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

I charge whatever they offer

15+ Year Old Account
    The place with the best beers in the world!

I let people choose, whatever it's worth for them as long as it's at least the cost of the reagent and people are very happy with that system. I even received once 100G for begin this friendly (he said he had enough gold )

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Deleted

I tell people on my mage that I haven't spec'd it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    When someone's being a douche with ports, I'm being a douche. This includes :
    - Making a solo-port once I get the gold : "You asked for a Teleport, not a Portal, thanks for the gold" (works better in French )
    - Wrong destination ports (Theramore, Exodar)
    etc...

What we usually do with a Priest friend of mine, is, at the end of raids (usually when they're full of retards), we stack my Dalaran port, my Theramore port, and his Atiesh Karazhan port. Juste priceless.
    Karazhan port is golden. I wish I could fucking do that.

i usually pay them if they ask for it, or just open up my trav tundra mammoth so they can buy a new reagent there on the spot before i go through the portal. that way it costs them no time whatsoever, and about 10 silver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I dont charge at all for a port most of the time they just open up a trade window and give me from 5-15g its pretty nice

if they ask me a price ill tell him 3g

If they name a price, I take it.

If they don't, I wait for them to trade me the $$.

If they don't put anything in and expect a free portal, I tell them this is not a charity because they are wasting my time and reagents.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mipsy
    if they ask nicely I don't charge them

if they're a blabbering moron throwing "can u plz port meto dal" at me I put them on ignore
    Almost the same as Mipsy, although I usually ask 5 or 10g, depending on how much effort was made to request the portal.

Basicly, the better you try, the cheaper it gets

And on my alts I always charge 2 of 5g, depending on if I know the player.
    2g may be very little, but at least it shows you are willing to reward the time of the mage somewhat

as im playing assassins creed 2 atm i put my mage in IF with (DND if you want a portal then its going to cost you 10g ) :P

Haha yeah, its like in instances. If someone says "Water plz!" I just conjure 20 level 1 water.

Same thing with ports. Sometime for fun, if Alliance are raiding a home city, I would announce In trade that i am offering a portal to that city.

Normally though, most people tip 5-15g for a port.

Well for less then 5g I won;t even bother looking for my spellbook. Sorry, I am helping them with this, not the other way. If they don't know how to be polite - look for someone else I don't care. Same if he don't like the price.