10+ Year Old Account

Breaking 4pcs T9?

Hey Guys!

Long Time reader....first time poster

I have a small question and I didnt quite find it here so far.

I just recently got some new gloves which I planned to use once I got my second T10 (shoulders).

I however now tested to wear them already now and break the T9 4pcs and it seems they outperform the 4pcs boni.

Since I didnt had a chance to test it under raid circumstances - what do you think...worth it or shall I wait?

Thank you in advance for some input!

PS: Amory LINK: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tonidas&n=Sath
    PPS: Yeah - I know I have crappy trinkets...I am all out of luck with that slot
    PPPS: 0,5% Hit I know as well...I dont bother to much for now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Make the entire world one big raid. Everyone huddles in cities until they can find 19 other adventurers to group with. Then they gradually trash pull their way through the zone

Luke Skywalker was an angry young male from the desert, who was indoctrinated by a religious fringe member, and joined a terror plot to blow up a major military installation. Luke is a 9/11 pilot...

Re: Breaking 4pcs T9?

Well I havn't done any math on the subject, but my initial response has to be no.
    Unless you also have a huge uprade to another piece of your tier 9 it isn't an upgrade. Tier 10 gloves 251, is basically a MINOR upgrade to tier 9 ones. Allthough having the extra gearscore for epeen might be 'awesome', it isn't
    worth it before you can stack the 2 piece tier 10. That is unless you have any other upgrades that you are sacrificing to have tier 9 equipped.

But don't take my word for it, go to EJ and see if they have any info on it

Cheers.
    TotalBiscuit: Hitler was a joke compared to me!

The only way to know for you specifically is to run simcraft...for me as destro running 4pt9 is better then breaking it, but as demo using T10 shoulders and gunship captains mittens is better.

General rule of thumb: Break it as Demo for SP gains. Break it as Destro for 2p T10. Break it as Afflic for 4p T10.

Mileage varies though, so you really should run a spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    General rule of thumb: Break it as Demo for SP gains. Break it as Destro for 2p T10. Break it as Afflic for 4p T10.

pretty much this. also the destro spec you want to go with (pending you're not a main source of replenishment) is 0/18/53

15+ Year Old Account

Dunno about affliction, considering noone know yet if the proc will apply to dots already up. If they need to be refreshed(which no1 will do cos of GCD waste) then 4set should be skipped alltogether. I want to know so bad
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

If it works that way then it's a permanent +10% damage to corruption because it means it's functioning under a rolling-based function. As soon as it procs you would refresh Corruption and have a permanent +10% to corruption. Huge bonus. It's actually a stronger bonus if it works that way. Still very nice if it simply increases all damage including existing HoTs, but potentially amazing if it can be rolled.

15+ Year Old Account

If it works that way then it's a permanent +10% damage to corruption because it means it's functioning under a rolling-based function. As soon as it procs you would refresh Corruption and have a permanent +10% to corruption. Huge bonus. It's actually a stronger bonus if it works that way. Still very nice if it simply increases all damage including existing HoTs, but potentially amazing if it can be rolled.
    Doubt that will go unfixed tho since they fixed haste. Anyway as u describe it the dots need to be refrehsed which make the 4set (if its true) useless for affliction since it last 10secs and our dots are 24, 15, 12 secs. Reapplying them, wasting the GCD's would be a waste, ontop of that the missed damage while recasting them.

The only way I see it for 4set to be usefull for affliction is if they update the damage instantly on dots already up as well
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I think you misunderstood. There are basically three ways it could work:

1.) Needs to be manually refreshed to take effect.
    2.) Can be auto-refreshed via EA.
    3.) Instantly increases all damage.

Best case is actually the first. If the % damage buff is only altered upon hard-refresh then it could also be rolled. UA would often get the full buff duration because there is only one tick the buff can occur on which would leave UA un-cast before the buff ended. The main 'loss' would be on CoA.

Worst case is the second option. That would mean the % damage only applied during those 10 seconds and only on spells cast during that period. This makes it very marginal.

The middle of the road is the most likely. It increases your damage by 10% for 10 seconds with no alteration in rotation, no rolling, no exploits, etc. This is worse than first option because the gain from Corruption in case-1 and the high likelihood of UA benefiting for 15 seconds (it would even become a DPS gain to clip the last tick of UA for this), and the marginal loss on CoA.

The first makes it an overpowered set bonus. The second makes it nye worthless. The third makes it very strong.

15+ Year Old Account

Im leaning toward the 3rd option, like metamorph. just annoying not to know yet, bound to get head, shoulders then get legs cos i dunno about 4set

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Doubt that will go unfixed tho since they fixed haste.
    still havent fixed rolling crit though, can't say that for certain.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle
    still havent fixed rolling crit though, can't say that for certain.
    true we can always hope but still rolling crit is totally inferior to haste or spellpower