Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: people leaving oculus as soon as it pops.

Oculus is boring, tell me a heroic that isn't.

Just do as I do. I am a tank (but that doenst rly matter) and I just start pulling straight away.
    It takes 1 minute to get the first boss. We proceed to kill it (= at least 1 badge).
    Then I wait and see what drakes ppl are mounting. If I see 4 proper drake's (at least 2 different drakes), I mount up the tank drake and clear the instance.
    If I see ppl standing there wondering wtf to do or all 4 join the same drake I will leave. But at least I got 1 badge and cut a few minutes from my dungeon debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart
    had this happen to me earlier and the tank left so we had the fury warr tank it.. without a shield.. and 4 manned it in less than 20 mins.
    Heh i was dumped into an occulus as a tank and i left instantly.... wonder if it was the same group. Either way i just couldnt be bothered with it, That place just bugs me i dont know why.

15+ Year Old Account

I always leave oculus, Halls of Stone, Violet hold and Cullings of Stratholme. I hate all of them, and three of them because they have shitty encounters which takes ages.

About oculus it's more that it's an very annoying instance. Flying around on those drakes, aggroing random mobs here and there, flying back to kill it, all 4 others have landed waiting for u on the ground, you keep fighting this silly dragon.

Also mounting / dismounting is really annoying, but what I hate most is the positions of the dragon mobs flying around, I simply HATE aggroing them for some reason. If there was another way to clear the trash dragons I probably would love the place.....

Quote Originally Posted by Amuno
    I'm one of the people who instantly leave. My battlegroup sucks, and most people are freshly dinged and they have no clue to what they are doing. So far every single Oculus random I have done, about 4, atleast one person needs to have the drakes explained to them, and even whan that is done, they go do some random shit. I just avoid it, horrible instance.
    It takes 1 minute to explain it.

Put the new guys (up to two) on Red drakes and tell them to just spam 1, click 2 when they can (it's not that relevant) and not touch 3.
    Put the rest on bronze drakes, tell them to click 3, wait until the channel finishes, click 1 and repeat that and to use 2 when the boss gets big if they can.
    Take yourself a green drake. It allows you to control the fight when you know what you're doing, you can keep them all up easily since all the nerfs and throw in the nuke once in a while.

Tell them all to fly to the right when the boss banishes. For the mage boss, have the tank pull the boss in cover and everyone to stay there. Clear a few extra dragons before the 2nd boss. During trash, put a condom on yourself and tell everyone to stay with you.

Make a joke about condoms.

There, instance done.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spooh
    I always leave oculus, Halls of Stone, Violet hold and Cullings of Stratholme. I hate all of them, and three of them because they have shitty encounters which takes ages.
    Yeah I agree. At least you have something to do in HoS all the time. Not much in VH and CoT contains AT LEAST 15 minutes of idling: 8 min roleplay at the start, then 1+ minute pauses after bosses, 2-3 minutes additional RP in the meanwhile. Also as a tank I HATE the gauntlet, it's hard to tell which mobs are the elites and which are not (nameplates switched on, quite confusing)
    Oculus is a crap instance but I would take it anytime if I knew all the people in the party are non-retarded. But you have no way to know that until you waste time trying them Nowadays I had a 60 minute run with 2 wipes on the boss before Eregos and 2-3 wipes on Eregos because our druid healer stood in all aoes, got lost everytime, dps was low, etc. I pulled my hair out.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vrachara
    It takes 1 minute to explain it.

Put the new guys (up to two) on Red drakes and tell them to just spam 1, click 2 when they can (it's not that relevant) and not touch 3.
    Put the rest on bronze drakes, tell them to click 3, wait until the channel finishes, click 1 and repeat that and to use 2 when the boss gets big if they can.
    Take yourself a green drake. It allows you to control the fight when you know what you're doing, you can keep them all up easily since all the nerfs and throw in the nuke once in a while.

Tell them all to fly to the right when the boss banishes. For the mage boss, have the tank pull the boss in cover and everyone to stay there. Clear a few extra dragons before the 2nd boss. During trash, put a condom on yourself and tell everyone to stay with you.

Make a joke about condoms.

There, instance done.
    Good thought! If people only actually would listen when you try to explain something...

15 minute bg leeching > Oculus for me, though.

in my opinion dungeon deserter buff should be more like 4 hours or so if you leave an instance like this.

People who leave occulus are just retarded, it's any easy cake instance nowdays, as said multiple times, probably one of the easiest there is. It doesn't take longer than a speed UK run nor is it any harder than that.

Nop, never, ever, ever happened to me.

Arathor EU - Blackout

Always leave, its a boring, long instance and chances are 75% of the players you pug with have no clue how to play the vehicle portion of it. Its a waste of time. Poorly designed instance, way too much trash..... horrible encounter. Bad Bad Bad

Oculus requires a bit of thought and coordination, people dont sign up for that

The whole idea of heroics these day is a mindless grind while on autopilot.

Oculus requires a bit of thought and coordination, people don't sign up for that so it gets dropped.

The only other exceptions, IC5, atleast have rewards to compensate and also the chance of a hilt.

Deleted

I don't leave as soon as it pops.

I wait till I'm saved to the first boss. Hence reducing my chance of getting it agian.

Think Oculus is about the only instance i leave, for the simple reason of 15 bad groups since the new LFG system. I would rather be doing something else than be wiping in year old content that half the wow population has still not figured out. On a side note 2 i really hate mounted combat lol.

I dont see the big deal, but hell, i only got it once.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Pretty normal to see at least 1 to 2 people leave at the start. Up until yesterday I was 4 out of 5 days getting OCC on the random daily. If nothing else, I'm just tired of it. Yes, OCC is easy, still the most boring and because so many people hate it, it becomes unbelievable hard or at least time consuming. Thankfully, they made the final boss so easy, that 2 people can die early and it's still pretty easy to finish it.

If you're a tank, it's probably still faster to drop out, take the debuff and instantly get another Dungeon once it's wore off. As DPS, a 15 min debuff and a 15-20 min wait, means I might as well do it and hope the group isn't fulll of "this is my first time here" folks.

I'm willing to be 1 billion gold that 95% of the player base would be more than thrilled if they just deleted OCC from the dungeons. Nice concept, and prep for EoE, but it just didn't pan out to be any fun

I have to wonder, if Blizz took Occulus out of the random dungeon option and made it a totally voluntary dungeon (without the new loot), how many of these people who talk about how easy it is and how much fun it is, would chose to run it?

I would be willing to guess that when Occ was totally voluntary, it was by far and away, the least chosen dungeon. If it were removed from the randoms, only people who wanted the achievements would chose to do it.

For the record, I run randoms on 3 toons and I do not leave Occ until I have waited through 3 attempts to fill the run. My debuff is up by then and I want emblems and I figure I have been patient enough.

The good thing about so many people disliking Occ and leaving as soon as they get in is that when you finally get a group that stays, they are all pretty confident with the instance and the run goes quickly and well.

The new loot table in Occulus is definitely going to increase the number of players willing to stay in Occulus if it come up as their random, but it is going to ruin good Occulus runs. People who have no clue as to what to do are going to stay in hopes of getting the drake and and running Occulus is going to become a tedious, time-consuming wipe-fest once again. Anyone want to give me odds on that?

I don't like the instance but I'll do it anyway because it's so goddamn fast. I don't understand why people opt to drop out and wait 15 minutes to run another dungeon when it takes less than 15 to do the whole damn thing anyhow.

I think it's a testament to the fact that few people enjoy annoying vehicle mechanics. Sure, it's a novelty at first, but I enjoy playing my character, not a dragon or a tank or what the hell ever. Either that or they're just baddies who wipe on the final boss.

Oculus is probably one of the easiest instances if people just pay attention to the damn timers. How hard is it to time stop during an enrage? How hard is it to move away from the damn anomalies during a planar shift? I had to 2-man Eregos during one run and i was the healer(green drake), with the tank(red drake) because all the DPS (on amber drakes) had wiped on anomalies. It's not impossible, so I wish people would just give it a try instead of just leaving a Oculus group.

Quote Originally Posted by TassJenkins
    Oculus is probably one of the easiest instances if people just pay attention to the damn timers. How hard is it to time stop during an enrage? How hard is it to move away from the damn anomalies during a planar shift?
    Hard when you're in a group with bads that cant even do 3k dps.