The Sacred and the Corrupt

Hello Ladies and Gents;

I was just wondering for the quest "The Sacred and the Corrupt" you need to collect the Acidic Blood from Festergut and Rotface. But does the boss only drop one of these quest items everytime you kill them or is everyone on the quest avalible to collect them; I don't know if Blizzard have said anything about this but I was just wondering because if it drops for everyone that is on the quest that would mean you will already see many people with Shadow's Edge for example in the guild I am in we will already have 3-4.

Would be nice if anyone would be able to help me with my question.

Re: The Sacred and the Corrupt

Quote Originally Posted by Vindii
    Hello Ladies and Gents;

I was just wondering for the quest "The Sacred and the Sorrupt" you need to collect the Acidic Blood from Festergut and Rotface. But does the boss only drop one of these quest items everytime you kill them or is everyone on the quest avalible to collect them; I don't know if Blizzard have said anything about this but I was just wondering because if it drops for everyone that is on the quest that would mean you will already see many people with Shadow's Edge for example in the guild I am in we will already have 3-4.

Has each person gathered 25 primordial saronite too?

Of course Saronite is cheap and easy to get it sells for 1.8k on our realm at the moment.

Everyone can get it.

The acidic bloods were never meant to be the limiting factor to getting this quest done so I would imagine that they would be lootable by everyone on the quest, but that's just an educated guess.

You would think that would be the case and hopefully it will but I mean it still seems a little bit silly to allow everyone in your guild to get the Shadow's Edge as that is the quest reward of the first part of the quest chain.

Dont think Blizzard have mentioned that it isnt allowed to be looted by people with quest as there is only going to be a limited number of classes who are gonna be able to get this item anyways

they're both listed as quest items so everyone in the raid should be able to get one, and there really isn't any reason for blizzard to limit them since everyone would just be getting an ilvl264 epic weapon which is already limited to 3 classes.

Deleted

You would think that would be the case and hopefully it will but I mean it still seems a little bit silly to allow everyone in your guild to get the Shadow's Edge as that is the quest reward of the first part of the quest chain.
    Ya know, a 2h axe with 3 red sockets isn't actually BAD ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    Ya know, a 2h axe with 3 red sockets isn't actually BAD ya know.
    I think you sort of missed his point, either that or you've phrased yours terribly.

Yes, it's a good (well-itemised for warriors/DKs) weapon, and as such, making it so easy (money aside) to get would be a bit odd. Generally the things that are BoE/gold-reliant are tanking guns and relics, as well as armor pieces, rather than close-to-BiS (sorry, Bryntoll wins) weapons.

Also, Shadow's Edge has 2 sockets.

Hello Ladies and Gents;

I was just wondering for the quest "The Sacred and the Corrupt" you need to collect the Acidic Blood from Festergut and Rotface. But does the boss only drop one of these quest items everytime you kill them or is everyone on the quest avalible to collect them; I don't know if Blizzard have said anything about this but I was just wondering because if it drops for everyone that is on the quest that would mean you will already see many people with Shadow's Edge for example in the guild I am in we will already have 3-4.

Greetings,

We have same situation - does anyone have any news regarding that issue?

I've heard some voices whispering that on PTR with set masterlooter Acidic Blood was lootable for person having "loot" from boss (not ML). If such person was not on the quest, it should be FFA. So seems same history like with the Broodlords quest item...

Any hints how Blizzard will solve that issue on live servers?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Best Regards,
    //Toshiro

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiro
    Greetings,

We have same situation - does anyone have any news regarding that issue?

I've heard some voices whispering that on PTR with set masterlooter Acidic Blood was lootable for person having "loot" from boss (not ML). If such person was not on the quest, it should be FFA. So seems same history like with the Broodlords quest item...

Any hints how Blizzard will solve that issue on live servers?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Best Regards,
    //Toshiro
    It's hard to master loot a quest item that you're not on the quest for. Just sayin.

How about you stop being so impatient and stressing over it and just see how it works out tomorrow? It would seem to me that it will be lootable by everyone on the quest. You still have to collect 25 primordial saronite which isn't an easy task unless your made of gold or your guild is collecting them for you. Besides, even if 3-4 people had it...who cares? It's only ilvl 264. There are probably going to be heroic versions of weapons that are better, with ofc Shadowmourne being BiS.

Just be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock
    How about you stop being so impatient and stressing over it and just see how it works out tomorrow? It would seem to me that it will be lootable by everyone on the quest. You still have to collect 25 primordial saronite which isn't an easy task unless your made of gold or your guild is collecting them for you. Besides, even if 3-4 people had it...who cares? It's only ilvl 264. There are probably going to be heroic versions of weapons that are better, with ofc Shadowmourne being BiS.

Just be patient.
    If you bought saronite previous to now, it probably was a large investment. Now, the weeks after the wing opens, those saronite are going to plummet in price, causing a huge waste. And waiting a FUCKING MONTH to get a 2h weapon for your 2h users? Yeah, bro. That's awesome fun being at the end of the list.