Thread: Defense gems

Defense gems

Before the trolls, I know that we are uncrittable because of our talents. But is it worth to gem for defense/stamina on a yellow slot that has +6 stamina as the bonus. Considering that I am hit capped?

Or go straight for agility, stam, or agi/stam?

im at 52k hp and 47% dodge (with everything procced +50%), 432 defense (rings, cloak).

I am in a 10 man raid guild.

thanks!

Re: Defense gems

Quote Originally Posted by estrild
    Before the trolls, I know that we are uncrittable because of our talents. But is it worth to gem for defense/stamina on a yellow slot that has +6 stamina as the bonus. Considering that I am hit capped?

Or go straight for agility, stam, or agi/stam?

im at 52k hp and 47% dodge (with everything procced +50%), 432 defense (rings, cloak).

I am in a 10 man raid guild.

thanks!
    Generally, it is best to post your armory link, so people can delve into the issue a bit further.

Personally, this sounds like a spreadsheet type of thing (a la EJ). Off the top of my head though, defense increasing your base miss chance shouldn't be too bad because you're not defense capped through defense rating, though due to lacking dodge and parry you won't get a ton of help out of it. Now I've seen a lot of druids (no offense) having trouble with threat generation. If you're not hit-capped, using a Vivid Eye of Zul (+10 Hit Rating/+15 Stamina) could be of great benefit, otherwise try the Forceful Eye of Zul (+10 Haste Rating/+15 Stamina). Considering Maul is our greatest threat generation, haste increasing the number of Mauls is a great increase to total threat.

It's probably a personal preference in your case.

Generally, if you have a yellow socket and you're debating whether to put in a defense/stam gem, it's because you wonder if the socket bonus will give you more avoidance on top of defense. For example, if you have a yellow socket with a socket bonus of 8 agi, instead of tossing in a 10agi/15stam gem you could opt for a 10def/15stam and get a free 8 agi on top of that. Druids generally aren't hard-pressed for stam, so you could get more avoidance out of a 10agi/15stam most likely if you're not concerned about HP. Again, it's really personal preference. Your druid will not suddenly become crit-vulnerable and drop to 10k HP buffed because of one gem choice like this.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account

well its quite personal indeed i think

what i do is i meet my meta gem requirement by haaving 1 agi / sta gem and the rest of my gems are pure stamina

but yeh i am a bit low on avoidnce / tps

the thing is i cant stand a DK or warrior having more hp then me as a druid so i got to gem pure stamina to keep up whit them
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE