Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Was i doing something wrong ?

Ok quick question. Im fairly sure this guy was just being a dick but just in-case im missing some golden rule of healing i thought id fish for others' opinions.

So im in HoR hc last night, healing. The groups fine, dps is good, tank knows what to do bla bla bla. We get through all 10 waves first try. At times it got a little hairy but i busted out some cooldowns and all was well. NO DEATHS !!!

So we finish up and roll on loot and this DK is all "Hey, did you hear about that healing thing your supposed to do?" I was ready to reply with "Hey you hear about that damage thing your supposed to do" but sadly he was top of meters. Anyway, long story short, he bitches and whines all the way through the rest of the instance about how i let his health drop below 20% on many occasions (this is true) but NO ONE BLOODY DIED !!!

So really what im asking is; Was this DK being a dick in complaining about his health dropping too low sometimes even if him and no one else died or is it the expectation now that a healer (im a druid so group healing is not an issue) should be keeping ALL the team right up in the 60%-100% ?

My second question. After all his bitching he told me i was to heal him first or he would ruin my run. I told him to bring it as if he was to cause troubles id simply not heal him at all and once dead he'd cause no issues. HOWEVER, on the final wave of the gauntlet section, he must have done something because the agro was EVERYWHERE. We had a good paladin tank who kept ALL agro right the way through the instance but now it was all over the place. I couldnt hold the party up and we wiped...i got removed and that was the end of that.

So what the hell can DK's do to muck about with agro ? I thought it was only Hunters, Rogues and Paladins to watch out for playing with the threat.

Enlighten me please.

Re: Was i doing something wrong ?

He didn't die so you did well enough.

As for what dks can do about threat, all they have is taunt and death grip.

You should just have let him die and finished the instance with him dead, if he's going to insist on being a pain then you would be better off without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira

You should just have let him die and finished the instance with him dead, if he's going to insist on being a pain then you would be better off without him.
    what i would have done ^^
    "I can understand why gw2 fans are mad, they hyped their game for 2 years.
    Called all other games bad and it still pretty much failed in 2 weeks."

i let people die on the gauntlet run cos they were a PITA in the first bit, denying them the achieve and making me smile.

Though I am a holy pally so the waves are an utter bitch to heal through sometimes

He was just being a douche. If he'd started causing trouble purposely I would've vote-kicked him.

All DKs can do is Death Grip and Dark Command unless he used Army of the Dead (which causes about 10 ghouls to taunt the target all over the place).

The one problem with the new looking for group system is that you get to see the wide range of idiocy that is on offer. You will meet elitists and jackasses alike. People who can tell you how many pixels are in a mob and berate you for not knowing, and people who still don't know what talent points are.

All you have to do is remember that you only see these people for about thirty minutes at a time. All you have to say to such people is "shut the hell up, or replace me." Most people will be quiet as otherwise they have to wait 10-15 minutes for a replacement, in which time you've probably cleared another instance.

Either way, you win.

Hey, I just registered to say that you did the right thing, which is namely to get the job done, especially it being a PUG HOR group. Healing isn't about topping health or HPS bars, healing is about keeping everyone above 1 HP as best as possible - knowing how long you can wait without risking a death because of a sudden spike of damage, knowing when to prioritize a dps death over a tank death is part of being a good healer.

If you encounter another player with this kind of superiority complex, I suggest you ignore their QQ.

Sounds like he was a douche, but it brings up a good point- I don't play wow anymore , coming back for cata though; new system sounds like kick or be kicked.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

10+ Year Old Account

No ye wasnt mt8ie the d,k was jsut been a total moron .you kept the group alve you nearly completed the run and then got vote kicked for him been an arse.

tbh i,d say the others thought it was you vote kicking him and thats why it passed .

i,ve been living in pugs had the good the bad and the great mostly had the good and the great but its the luck of the draw.

so dont worry mt8ie you kept the group alive he acted the idiot caused a wipe no need to panik.

btw was in her hor this morning on my shadow priest with a resto druid that couldnt keep a snot alive on the waves of the first 2 boss,s lol
    Faith Manages

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sudiin
    Hey, I just registered to say that you did the right thing, which is namely to get the job done, especially it being a PUG HOR group. Healing isn't about topping health or HPS bars, healing is about keeping everyone above 1 HP as best as possible - knowing how long you can wait without risking a death because of a sudden spike of damage, knowing when to prioritize a dps death over a tank death is part of being a good healer.

If you encounter another player with this kind of superiority complex, I suggest you ignore their QQ.
    I agree with evrey word!

but seriosly that DK was a fucking ass.. You kept him over 1 HP. Its not like youre god, you have to heal 4 people not just him?

If i where you id leave when theres a pull
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

The death knight you grouped with probably never healed that place before... or hell, probably never healed. >.>

I think that it was wrong that you were removed, but the reason I see why you were was because the death knight initiated the vote kick and everyone else was too stupid or didn't care to click 'yes' without reading that it was you being removed.

Healing can be so unappreciated sometimes.

Oh, and what I understand about aggro being everywhere - the death knight must have used Army of the Dead and caused the wipe himself, either too stupid to know they taunt or smart enough to use the skill and be an utter dickface.

Tank gets prio on healing so he should just stfu and be glad he didnt die. As for the last wave that is what happens when dps doesnt have a precalled target. They just start randomly dpsing and that makes life difficult for the tank so yea. It isnt your fault if that happened it is the tanks fault for not calling a target or the dps fault for not following the tanks targets. That or what Kikiy said about army of the dead, sounds like something that dk would do from what you say.

He has no reason to complain as long as he stays alive..

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol

getting agro as a DK is not hard.. u can simply start DPSing in frost pres and its a hard time tanking for the tank 100% sure...

furthermore, if you kept everyone alive and one shotted it .. the DK should just stfu imo
    healers job is to let no one die and so you did GJ !!

My main is a resto druid, 2nd alt is a holy priest, so i like healing somewhat =P

As most have said as long as no-one died you did your job, simple. I tend to keep people at 100% where possible, if health drops below 50% i use quick heals such as nourish to top it off. The situations where theres a lot of group damage going on then wild growth will usually get the job done keeping the dps alive while i focus healing on the tank. Having said that the style on priest is somewhat different since i let the health drop lower than i would on my druid simply because prayer of healing followed by circle of healing will heal pretty much anything to full hp minus a tank. Healing style can vary quite a lot but as i said, as long as no-one died you did your job.

As others have said he was simply just being a tit. "im top of dps therefore im super leet and awesome...etc.."

As far as screwing up aggro DKs are in a position to taunt things so that they aggro the mob. While this isn't directly a huge issue cause its only them its attacking, indirectly it can cause other issues. The tank then has to taunt the mob off the DK, which prevents him from taunting a mob that's running down the path straight for the healer. My 3rd alt is a Pala tank and that is by far the biggest pain in the arse there is, having taunts on cooldown is annoying especially when there wasn't a valid reason for the taunt to be used in the first place.

Deleted

He seems like an ass..

So far, I haven't seen any elitist dicks in pugs I've done trough new LFG system. I met a warrior who was fury / prot and he was eager to swap specs in order for us to do the achievement in FoS heroic.
    I also grouped with a few alts of somewhat good players that have been in mix of blue / ilvl 232 gear. Instances aren't that hard, they are doable in lower gear level. It's always people's elitism that ruins everything - such as this dick DK that screwed up your run.

I run random instances as disc healer and so far I haven't had any complaints.

The DK player was just a twat plain and simple. He was taunting the mobs off the tank to make you work harder and make people die. He didn't die = you doing your job. At the end of the day he has abilities to keep his own health up just in case just like I use instant FoL etc to keep myself up to be safe. As suggested, if you're healing and someone is being a twat, leave them dead and vote kick them.
    [/url]

From reading your post I can comfort you by saying the DK was wrong.
    First of all, if a tank has lot's of health, but a few shots after one another 'which mostly happens on HoR' he can easily get under 30% health.
    It's easy to heal him back up, and if you done that, meaning he only stayed 20% for a few seconds then you did your job right. You didn't let tank nor dps die, you did your job. Every healer has a tank or dps going below the 30%, it's matter of damage taken and quick heal given.

You did your job, no one died.
    Please be sure to read the signature guidelines found here
    http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8...rumfinisho.png

In remembrance of my old main: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Sha%27tar&n=Purina

Quote Originally Posted by Methical40
    So what the hell can DK's do to muck about with agro ?

Enlighten me please.
    Frost presence. Any DK with good dps can flip to frost presence and pull *everything* that isn't glued to a tank.

Hope that helps.