Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFG System "Gearscore"

Hey, i wonder how blizzards system of rating players might work.

When i'm wearing dps stuff and join a group as tank, does it calculate my current equipment that i wear or the def stuff in my inventory?
    I wonder if there was any way to trick the system into not putting me into halls of reflection groups by wearing bad stuff while joining the tool. I have the equipment for heroic hor withoubt a doubt, but i dont want to be there. Most times, the healers leave after seconds or the group already has killed 2 bosses and stands next to arthas with just 2 stupid dps and a retard healer left.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Re: LFG System "Gearscore"

It looks for average item level on your gear. Try unequipping gear until you're no longer eligible for the harder instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    Hey, i wonder how blizzards system of rating players might work.

When i'm wearing dps stuff and join a group as tank, does it calculate my current equipment that i wear or the def stuff in my inventory?
    I wonder if there was any way to trick the system into not putting me into halls of reflection groups by wearing bad stuff while joining the tool. I have the equipment for heroic hor withoubt a doubt, but i dont want to be there. Most times, the healers leave after seconds or the group already has killed 2 bosses and stands next to arthas with just 2 stupid dps and a retard healer left.
    Where's the 3rd DPS? I know why the group was failing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamjam
    Where's the 3rd DPS? I know why the group was failing!
    Left with the tank after looking at recount and realizing that being the only one above 3k dps wont make this dungeon a success.

It looks for average item level on your gear. Try unequipping gear until you're no longer eligible for the harder instances.
    I'm gonna try that. thx =) Too bad one can't be undergeared for oculus.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

10+ Year Old Account

It also rates the gear in your inventory and bank so no dice.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted

It looks at the gear you are wearing, and items in your inventory, purely at item level.

My freshly dinged priest alt was not able to join any heroics. I got Merlins Robe out of the mail, and with that in my bags, not ever equipped, suddenly i was allowed to go to heroics

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    it scans all the gear in your inventory and bank so that doesnt work :S
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

At work at the moment so can't quote it for you, but i'm certain i saw a GC quote saying it will check the GS of all gear on you (including any gear in your bags).

Perhaps then you could hide it in the bank???

Feel your pain on H HoR - as a dps its easy (at least when i'm pulling 5K+) but on my healer its a nightmare as most tanks have no idea how to handle it.

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys
    It also rates the gear in your inventory and bank so no dice.
    what if youre bank is full of 200 crap for offspec...then what? or does it only rate gear for the spec you applied with? how would they separete healin from boomkin gear?

CONFUSED

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Checkviller
    what if youre bank is full of 200 crap for offspec...then what? or does it only rate gear for the spec you applied with? how would they separete healin from boomkin gear?

CONFUSED
    It would probably get the highest possible average ilvl you can have equipped at one time.

Just get some tier 9 and you'll be able to do them.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

It seems to look for the maximum level of gear you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkviller

CONFUSED
    Dont be. It probably looks at your your bank. Lets say your bank only has two slots. In one slot you have a green level 200 item. In the other slot you have a Purple 245 item.

Do you think it averages out the two and gives you a score of 222ish?
    OR
    Do you think it says ooo look 245 this person is ready!

I think the later.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I know it doesn't help you at this point, but I recently went through gearing a new 80, and for others trying to get into heroics, be aware that BoA gear is counted as iLevel of 1. This will seriously hurt your gear score in terms of trying to get into heroics or even regular ToC. I bought a blue BoE chest and green shoulders to replace my BoA equivalents and was immediately able to get into most heroics. It did not allow me to do so until I actually equipped the gear (sitting in bags was not enough, I checked, however the items were not soulbound so that may be why). I put the BoA gear back on with the other items still sitting in my bags, and was still able to queue for heroics. Once I hit an average iLevel of about 187 I was able to access all of the heroics, including FoS/PoS/HoR.

Does anyone know for sure that the gear must remain in your possession after you equip it to count toward your gear score? For example, if you had 232 iLevel in every slot, then got naked and vendored all your gear, would you no longer be able to get into dungeons? Or does it work like the “Superior” and “Epic” achievements, where it forever remembers the highest iLevel gear you have equipped in each slot?

We already know that a system is in place to "remember" the highest ilvl equipped in each slot. Thats how the epic achievement works. You dont currently have to have an ilvl 213 in every slot to get the achivement. It remembers what you've equipped. It would only make sense for them to use that existing system to determine eligibility for heroics. If they created a new tool or system to scan your bags and build a best possible set then they wasted a lot of time and repeatedly waste system resources every time someone queues.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Quote Originally Posted by Nightblinder
    I know it doesn't help you at this point, but I recently went through gearing a new 80, and for others trying to get into heroics, be aware that BoA gear is counted as iLevel of 1. This will seriously hurt your gear score in terms of trying to get into heroics or even regular ToC.
    no. it wont. boa's have a decent gearscore, most likely the same as a lvl 187 blue as that's what they got stats as.

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    no. it wont. boa's have a decent gearscore, most likely the same as a lvl 187 blue as that's what they got stats as.
    Well, I don't know exactly how Blizz's gear scoring systems counts BoA gear, but what I can tell you with complete certainty is that on my DK with BoA chest and shoulders and the rest mostly blues with some greens, I could not get into any heroics. The only change I made was to purchase a blue 187 ilvl chest (ornate saronite, it was cheaper than savage at the time), replaced my BoA chest, and suddenly all the heroics opened with the exception of ToC and FoS/PoS/HoR. I checked the random queueing system just before equipping the new chest piece, and just after. I was still able to queue for the same heroics after putting my BoA chest back on. I then did the same thing replacing my BoA shoulders with green ones, but no new dungeons opened for me until I significantly improved several other pieces of gear. It is possible that the 187 ilvl piece was just enough to push me over the gear score limit needed to get into heroics, but this would mean that the boa chest counted as less than 187. A couple of my guild mates recently leveling 80s noted similar problems getting into heroics that seemed to suddenly change with replacing their BoA gear, but they did not test it closely enough to say for certain. BoA gear does officially have an item level of 1, put in place to restrict enchants on them. Whether Blizz's gear scoring system gives them a higher level I do not know, I can only relate my experience.

Don't panic.

The system just DOESN'T WORK.

I've an average item level of 251, and I periodically end up with ilvl 200/232 players.

Righ while I'm writing I just entered the random daily with this "Snyggyngve", with the Titansteel Failstroyer, 4 blue items and the fucking heirloom chest.

Quote Originally Posted by {_Izenhart_}
    Righ while I'm writing I just entered the random daily with this "Snyggyngve", with the Titansteel Failstroyer, 4 blue items and the fucking heirloom chest.
    Everyone has to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyforge
    Everyone has to start somewhere.
    And why he has to start with me?

Why couldn't I just get a 245+ fury warrior?

10+ Year Old Account

I've noticed during peak player hours, 8 PM-ish CST, I get very similarly geared groups with my PuG's, but come later hours the quality of the groups diminish. I think the system works, just most people with very good gear have guilds to run with and don't use the LFG system, leaving only the non-geared players for you to group with. I rarely use it, but when I do I typically get very decent groups with the gear scores dropping as the night wears on.