LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Paladin healing in raids

Quote Originally Posted by Kurotshuchi
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    a. Type /target [TANK NAME HERE].
    b. Press your "Holy Light" button (max rank preferred).
    c. <go to step A>
    Easy! No go out there and shine!
    (j/k please don't hurt me. been burned out since BC with pally healing.)
    Heh. Thanks bro. I'll have your tip as a backup plan in case all else fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    this i a good spec but losing 1 point in imp dev aura and get Aura mastery is probably better
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...zrvdN-s,,11159

I got the advice in "Rate the Holy Paladin" thread to put a talent point in Aura Mastery which this build obviously doesn't do.

10+ Year Old Account

if you consistantly run with a prot pally and/or a tree put none in imp devo. the prot/tree wil cover the 6% healing, and if not having that buff makes or breaks your healing in a 5 man dungeon you have bigger problems.

Quote Originally Posted by matiastiago
    For how to speck

http://ferarro.blogspot.com/2008/11/...ly-batman.html

For how to heal

http://ferarro.blogspot.com/2009/02/...ng-5-mans.html

and

http://ferarro.blogspot.com/2009/02/...eal-raids.html

In deeph analisis of the 2 possible healing styles available
    http://ferarro.blogspot.com/2009/11/...oly-light.html

I take no credit for the guides and only the credit for pointing them enjoy

This is perfect! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSky
    This is perfect! Thank you!
    I think that's a fairly outdate guide, although I'm sure some of it still applies, but seeing how it was done in 2008, makes it hard for me to rely or exactly what it's asking for.

Personally, after reading most of these posts I see that a lot of pally's do the Holy Light spam. I actually hardly ever use holy light. I just Flash of Light and Holy Shock. I got the frost emblem Libram of Blinding Light so my Holy Shocks grants me 85SP each stack (up to 255SP) buff that greatly increases my Flashes. Along with getting the HoT proc on the shielded target, I get instant flashes for quicker Raid healing. I find that even though you can get Holy Light casts down to rought 1.5ish seconds at times, I like the 1second Flash. There are very few times when I am raid healing (with tank beacon'd) that I would require that 10k+ (non crit) heal on a raid member. With all the other heals being thrown around, it's not worth it. Many times a quick 1.0sec flash and a tick or two from a hot will heal the dps target. Even in situations where people are ice spiked in ICC. I also find that Flash of Light is better on mana for those who might be struggling with mana issues and Holy Light Spam.

I'm not saying that Holy Light spam is not good, I just don't use it and I have not see any failure among my raids due to people dying because my heals are only Flashes. (I would also like to add that many times I am tops of the healing meters, occassionally, on certain boss fights, a druid or two will get ahead of me)

I guess it's more of a 'to each their own' on how you want to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouban
    I actually havent been out healed by a druid in a very long time, I find it quite the opposite, as thier heals take time to be effective most healers "eat" off thier heals and make the HoT ticks be wasted.
    Not sure if you mean on your shaman or a paladin, but if ia druid cant beat a paladin in overall effective healing then that druid is really bad.

Paladins can top the meters, ive done it plenty of times, but against an equally geared and skilled druid, its tougher to do it.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Do some research for mouseover healing methods, i guarantee you it will improve your game a lot.

Also, do some more research on precasting

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    I have not see any failure among my raids due to people dying because my heals are only Flashes.
    Just because there isn't failure doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. If you switched to bigger heals (HL) you might be able to drop a healer from your raid and bring in another DPS and kill the internet dragons faster.

<Infamous With Style>
    Darkspear -- Alliance

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nullified
    Just because there isn't failure doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. If you switched to bigger heals (HL) you might be able to drop a healer from your raid and bring in another DPS and kill the internet dragons faster.

dey r zombeez

dragonz r next xpac (IM COMING FUR JOO DETHWINGZ)

on a serious note: this is very true. last night we 2healed festergut in the 10 man group i was in (rsham/hpriest) and another group from the guild that was running was hitting the enrage with 3, but couldnt have a heal go dps because people we're dying. (rsham, hpally, disc). Why settle with being mediocre, when your given the tools to excel? there will be times when you need that extra DPS, and at those times it may depend on whether your doing the best of your capability or not.

I just cant see a flash focused paladin being as effective on Festergut, rotface maybe. Especially assuming hard mode of those encounters the damage will be increased a lot.

I mean you can stand in melee range and get most if not all of your mana back anyway if you dont know how to be as efficient with bigger heals and use of cooldowns, why resort to only using flash of light? Just makes your other healer(s) work harder for you.

And as was mentioned before by Kampret: Mouseover healing is an exceptional thing to learn, for either setup. Also, not worrying so much about overhealing and more about being proactive, not reactive, will make you a better healer.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    I got the frost emblem Libram of Blinding Light so my Holy Shocks grants me 85SP each stack (up to 255SP) buff that greatly increases my Flashes.
    bit off topic but if you are a serious flash paladin you should get the pvp libram instead of wasting emblems on the frost one

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally
    I just cant see a flash focused paladin being as effective on Festergut, rotface maybe. Especially assuming hard mode of those encounters the damage will be increased a lot.

I mean you can stand in melee range and get most if not all of your mana back anyway if you dont know how to be as efficient with bigger heals and use of cooldowns, why resort to only using flash of light? Just makes your other healer(s) work harder for you.

And as was mentioned before by Kampret: Mouseover healing is an exceptional thing to learn, for either setup. Also, not worrying so much about overhealing and more about being proactive, not reactive, will make you a better healer.
    Eventho you can focus on being a flash over holy light caster doesnt mean the other spells dont excist. A good flash paladin will try to use flash as much as possible. But if he knows alot of dmg is incoming he will use CD's and spam holy light.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nametaken

On the other hand, if you're one of three healers, yet you're only doing, say, 10% of total healing, then yes you're lacking.
    I know this is a paladin thread, but don't freak out the disc priests out there! Less holy, more disc!!
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally
    Not sure if you mean on your shaman or a paladin, but if ia druid cant beat a paladin in overall effective healing then that druid is really bad.

Paladins can top the meters, ive done it plenty of times, but against an equally geared and skilled druid, its tougher to do it.
    OR...OR... the paladin is really good. In my humble opinion (I am not a fan of acronyms) paladins should never get topped in 10mans, if they are, there is too much raid damage being thrown about. Get better dps!! (I am speaking directly to dps) Now 25's is a different story. I get crushed by our guild tree. I'll stomp on his hots and everything, no luck. Still, it's not about healing meters no more than it's about what kind of mouse you use..healing shouldn't be based on meters, but based on raid survival success rate.
    FFVI > FFVII

I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

raid healing tree naxx-icc 25

it depends on the fight. if you have to move constently the pallys are so far down it looks like they were watching tv during the fight. if you dont move and tanks getting hit big all the time they blow me away. then every now and again the peskie preists stick their noses in and top the charts. not sure what makes them win but the 2 are always together just like the 2 pallys are usaly together in the meters.

as long as you dont wipe barring a dps draging a bomb debuff in to the raid your doing your job.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nullified

Uh, whatever happened to, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by ATTHEREADY
    Uh, whatever happened to, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?
    If it ain't perfect, it's broke. If it's broke, fix it.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

The trick is to just mindlessly spam until your finger goes numb, rather than actually trying to be efficient.
    The game is designed that way atm because of the overly high ilvls Blizz made due to adding more Hardmode stuff than they had originally intended.

Because of the dodge debuff I actually top the meters when i'm healing in ICC with only 1 button.
    I just press it a lot... A... Lot...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    If it ain't perfect, it's broke. If it's broke, fix it.
    Absolute perfection is relative. Let's not get on relativity...please.
    FFVI > FFVII