Ultimate Cata Raid Ideas Thread, Part 1: Skywall

Hello and welcome ( ;D) to the inaugural installment of what may be either a great or terrible idea, the Ultimate Cata Raid Ideas Thread (or UCRIT).

First, let me explain some of the basics of this particular thread.

1. What do we do here? It's simple my friend! We discuss certain raids coming in Cataclysm, and mainly post ideas regarding what bosses, events, environments, and other stuff will be present in certain raids in the next expansion pack, Cataclysm.

2. This seems kinda pointless.... It is! It's just pointless speculation, but it's just for fun

3. Are you going to update the page with some of the ideas Of course! Well, if I can find the time, and the suggestions are actually decent.

4. What raid is first? Skywall!

About Skywall

Skywall is the Elemental Plane of Air, and where the Elemental Planes of Earth, Fire, and Water are down in relative location to Azeroth's position, Skywall is up. It is led by Al'Akir the Wind Lord, and is the domain of all the Air Elementals, Lightning Elementals, and Air/Lightning Revenants (think Ionar in HoL).

http://wowwiki.com/skywall
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Al'Akir

Alright, so, uh....let's get started. 8) I suppose I'll start us off with maybe where the entrance will be.

I'm gonna guess it's in the Twilight Highlands, or maybe Mount Hyjal, seeing as that is a mountain and so it'd be closer to the upper air. I'd imagine that since Skywall's scheduled to have a Dungeon and a Raid, maybe we'll damage the Elemental Lord in the dungeon and end up killing him in the raid.

(Well, I hope this actually takes off. Happy Posting!)

why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Ultimate Cata Raid Ideas Thread, Part 1: Skywall

and this is... what? :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Barthos
    and this is... what? :-X
    Was worried this would happen
    this craziness why?

I just hope they dont make it too heavenlylike (clouds floating around etc.)
    I think it should look someting like last "room" in Kara where you fight against Prince Malchezaar.

Quote Originally Posted by Yepidd
    I think it should look someting like last "room" in Kara where you fight against Prince Malchezaar.
    Huge platform with falling demons? No ty.
    In the Groves of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Yepidd
    Seeing as we don't have a heavenly location yet, you may be disappointed.

And skywall will have a low level instance as well as a raid.
    like a level 71 nexusish instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Soaringbiscuit
    I'm gonna guess it's in the Twilight Highlands, or maybe Mount Hyjal, seeing as that is a mountain and so it'd be closer to the upper air. I'd imagine that since Skywall's scheduled to have a Dungeon and a Raid, maybe we'll damage the Elemental Lord in the dungeon and end up killing him in the raid.
    Actually it's entrance is in north eastern Deepholme according to my map.

Deepholme consists of many elemental influenced places around portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepless Dreams
    Actually it's entrance is in north eastern Deepholme according to my map.

Deepholme consists of many elemental influenced places around portals.
    Lol, "your map." Cool, can you gimmeh teh link? And you're right about the heavenly location motif, I'm sort of hoping for an Olympus style thing, with pillars and clouds and lots of lightning
    this craziness why?

Quote Originally Posted by Soaringbiscuit
    Lol, "your map." Cool, can you gimmeh teh link? And you're right about the heavenly location motif, I'm sort of hoping for an Olympus style thing, with pillars and clouds and lots of lightning
    Sorry its a little big and faded, but the small box on the cliff states "Skywall"

Which cliff, there's like 30 cliffs ;D
    this craziness why?

15+ Year Old Account

Just hearing "Skywall" makes me think we'll either be shot up by air and actually "flying" while fighting or well be climbing up a giant fortress's wall.. idk.

I think Skywall is located above Thousand Needles.

If you see this image you see a dungeon-star located in Thousand Needles. The current terrain doesn't have space for a instance. And with the Cloud serpents, and Sky spirits in the area. And the air elementals on the other side of the mountainwall in Silithus may sound the location in Thousand Needles a good location to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire

I think skywall will be like Ogrimm's hammer and the Skybreaker as in they can move, but in a linear (and predictable) path. I would imagine that its a Occulus-esque instance in which that it is open and like CoT: Mt. Hjal as that the bosses are'nt linear. I think it will include flying (obviously, how can you get anywhere w/o it?) and a boss like Malygos.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

I hope it doesnt end up being like that one dungeon in LoZ:TP. God I hated that place.

COT: sundering of the Sunwell! or battle for UC

I think it would be cool to have an a raid maybe even a 5 man like that, where you have to ensure the destruction of something... say some Ballistas and a group thats flanking the undead's army ant style path of death. i would find it enjoyable anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by RakuRaku
    I hope it doesnt end up being like that one dungeon in LoZ:TP. God I hated that place.
    When I read the title of this thread thats what I thought of well lol. I personally liked it and I hope Blizzard makes the place like a forgotten temple in the sky. My favourite kind of places in video games are old temples with ancient technology floating in the sky. Laputa D:? But what Soaringbiscuit said about Olympus would be awesome as well.

There is that tornado/twister/hurricane thing we saw in the Cataclysm preview, maybe that is where the entrance is?

Remember the Elemental Plane (of which Skywall is apart of) is pretty much like an alternate dimension to us, so realistically there is no rules of physics or logic that we would have to follow when approaching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomiko
    When I read the title of this thread thats what I thought of well lol. I personally liked it and I hope Blizzard makes the place like a forgotten temple in the sky. My favourite kind of places in video games are old temples with ancient technology floating in the sky.
    Same here, dual hookshots were awesome, the music sucked though.
    I want one like in Chrono Trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!