Quick Video Card Question?

Hey guys really quick question.

About to order a new video card (stuck playing in windowed mode, 5 fps, lowest settings). I have an HD, widescreen monitor and was planning on buying this.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...oductresources

I'm pretty damn sure that guy, while not the best, can easily play WoW at fullscreen, max settings, at max FPS.

The problem is my power supply is low on my computer, so I was going to get a power supply that could support that video card. I was thinking about getting 750 watt, but that seems pretty high for a single video card.

Any ideas on what watt power supply I would need to run this card?

Thanks ^-^

Re: Quick Video Card Question?

Well I would make sure that you have a processor that will not bottleneck the vcard, the correct slot on your motherboard for the card, and a 500 watt powersupply will probably do fine but make sure it has a molex thingy to plug in to the end of the vcard (most PSUs that aren't total crap should.)
    Also, I have a Rosewill PSU and its been fine for me but I have heard not to buy Rosewill.

Always buying the minimum requirements is bad. I really don't recommend getting anything below 600W.

Not very good with terms like bottnecking video cards and whatever, more specific would be nice

Depends on the brand of the power supply. Good ones you could get away with 500 or 600 watts, yet a crap one you would need 1000 watts.

Good brands are Antec Truepower, PC Power and Cooling, or Thermaltake.

What kind of CPU do you have? What kind and amount of ram? What motherboard do you have?

All things being equal, I would get the 5850 for just $10 more. It is afaik a lot better than 9800...

Quote Originally Posted by Acrisius
    What kind of CPU do you have? What kind and amount of ram? What motherboard do you have?

All things being equal, I would get the 5850 for just $10 more. It is afaik a lot better than 9800...
    any1 else have an opinion on this "better" video card?

Also I read about some cards not fitting in computers, would either of those fit in a dell inspiron 531s?

thanks