15+ Year Old Account

get rid of restorative totems and mana tide totem talents ?

Hello Resto Shamans

I use at the moment the most common 0/13/58
    The facts :
    - I only use mana tide after I die, in normal conditions it is useless
    - I never use mana totem because there is allways a paladin with mana blessing (at least in our roster)
    - Healing stream is very good, heals a lot, overheals a lot, will still be probably not bad untalented

I know there is not much talents to take if I save 4 points not taking RT and MTT but I see (in order of importance) :
    - Enhancing totems, our Enhanced shaman doesn't show very often... Very powerfull talent, mêlées and hunters will love me. Enhanced flametongue totem will also be usefull in some 10 players raids.
    - Improved reincarnation, will counter-balance the loss of MTT in case of death.
    - Elemental weapons, I sit over 3000 healing bonus raid buffed, 45 HB is very small
    - Gardian totems, few hundreds of armor, really small
    - Earth's grasp, maybe usefull on saurfang hard mode if hunters, rogues are on strike ;D

What do you think ?

Re: get rid of restorative totems and mana tide totem talents ?

so, so not true... when i am in heroics or whatever, i will ofc try and save it, but might use it if someone else is low on mana. one of my irl friends play Arcane mage, i usually pop mana tide totem if he is dipping low on whatever, i feel that this is an dps increase to the group, as i let him, and anyone else who got mana, Regen some, so they dont have to.
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Thorold

so, so not true... when i am in heroics or whatever, i will ofc try and save it, but might use it if someone else is low on mana. one of my irl friends play Arcane mage, i usually pop mana tide totem if he is dipping low on whatever, i feel that this is an dps increase to the group, as i let him, and anyone else who got mana, Regen some, so they dont have to.
    You're right I also use it in heroics very often, specialy when our tank takes one full room after the other with no downtime but I was talking about raid conditions.

i think it's like with Nature's swiftness, you don't use it every cd, but it's really REALLY great for those moment's where everything just goes to shit...

on the rest of the stuff, i agree that alot of the things are subpar, but i think Mtt is a really awesome gimmick tool, with alot of options. ( Divine intervention for example is ONLY used at a wipe, if the pala remembers it :P )
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pouca

This tells me you probably have to much mp5 and semi-low haste/sp/crit. Most shamans use 2 mana tides per fight, 1 for sure. (if not you, use it for your other healers/dps)

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

YOU DO NOT TOUCH MY HEALING STREAM TOTEM

IT EMITS AWESOME JUICE EVERY 2 SECONDS
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

I find myself using mana tide alot (minimum 1 time) in every fight in both TotC and ICC, especially Twin Val'akyrs, Anub'arak and Lady Deathwhisper since those are the fights draining most mana from my mana pool.

Also i wouldn't get rid of restorative totems either, the Mp5 increase to Mana Spring isn't that much but the 45% increase to healing stream totem is very nice at least at higher tiers. My healing stream heals for around 500 each tick to my whole group, which is an effective 1250 hps only there.

If i didn't have restorative totems this would've been around 850 hps. Conclusion is that this talent gives you 400 more hps on fights like Twin Val'akyrs and the last phase on Anub'arak where the raid damage is quite high. Also it gives you 20 more Mp5 when you don't have two or more paladins in your group/raid.

Do you ever thought about manatide as groupability ?
    Manatide is never a waste in terms of healing and even more in terms of DPS. If you feel like its wasted for yourself, it may not be wasted for the rest of your group. If all your healer dont want 1-2 tides, ask your mages if they want manatide. You know the fightlength of each boss and so you know when to drop manatide. In the beginning of the fight + the end of the fight or just once in a short fight, if you feel it has the biggest output for the group.

in genereal:
    Speaking for myself the perfect fight will be im OoM and the boss died in the same moment with atleast one manatide and a pot used. Manamanagement is and was always a big part of healing. It is our directory of gemming, gear choice and healing style. If you say you dont need manatide, pots, darkrunes or whatever, you did something wrong or even better as conclusion, you could perform much better, as you already do. Just think about it.

I use a 0/16/55 build. I have been using it for months. As far as manatide goes, I find myself using it every chance I get. Its especially nice when things go really bad, 2 healing and the other healer dies. You die and have to pop up and need mana. Or just intense fights where there is a lot going on. I have also used it when the other healer is in my group and i see them drop low and maybe im sitting at 75% mana. Nothing wrong with topping my mana off while helping my group out with their mana.

If mana is truly meaningless to all your healers, ask to be put in a group with your raid's arcane mages and shadow priests. They will love you forever.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

I will never lose mana tide. Few reasons, its brilliantly useful if everything goes wrong. For example if healers die or if you die. Also the other talents to take don't bring the usefulness that mana tide and its previous talents bring.
    Restortive totems are very helpful for healing stream, especially in large aoe fights.

Half man, Half amazin'.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by pestra
    I will never lose mana tide. Few reasons, its brilliantly useful if everything goes wrong. For example if healers die or if you die. Also the other talents to take don't bring the usefulness that mana tide and its previous talents bring.
    Restortive totems are very helpful for healing stream, especially in large aoe fights.
    Sorry that was me, friend left his account logged in.

Manatide is great. The biggest benefit is allowing you to stack other stats instead of Mp5.

Also, on most hard modes and lengthier encounters it's pretty much mandatory IMO.

p.s. innvervate meh plx.