Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: What is a paladin?

I don't understand.

If I cast Holy Wrath on a Forsaken player, nothing happens. If they themselves casted it, you argue that they would 'esplode.

You'd think a seemingly divine force would be able to distinguish a sentient being trying to embrace it for the betterment of their people from a mindless tool of the scourge. :P
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic
    With out Lore you have no RPG Game. Lore is the basis of ALL RPG game. You can tweak the settings of the game, but once you mess with lore you lose a HUGE fan base and I don't think blizzard is quite ready for that. They have not reviled the next RPG to be released.
    i meant to, and thought i did, type BE before.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic
    With out Lore you have no RPG Game. Lore is the basis of ALL RPG game. You can tweak the settings of the game, but once you mess with lore you lose a HUGE fan base and I don't think blizzard is quite ready for that. They have not reviled the next RPG to be released.
    Incorrect. The basis of this game is math. All it is is a glorified homework assignment.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    I don't understand.

If I cast Holy Wrath on a Forsaken player, nothing happens. If they themselves casted it, you argue that they would 'esplode.

You'd think a seemingly divine force would be able to distinguish a sentient being trying to embrace it for the betterment of their people from a mindless tool of the scourge. :P
    in this case : game balance > lore
    ever checked wow alpha? Holy Wrath/Exorcism was castable on forsaken player at that time, it was OP to hell too

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    in this case : game balance > lore
    I think that was exactly the point he was trying to make.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz
    While you bring good arguments to the table, the simple fact is if Blizzard wants to add another class to a race, then they'll do it, along with adding a bit of lore in order for it to make sense. Similar to how Blood Elves became Paladins and eventually Tauren.
    idk much about lore but i would love to hear how my steaks that graze the open yet gated fields of my back yard managed to become paladins

This is a little off of the original topic but apparently I have missed something in the lore along the way that seems to be common knowledge to everyone else in this thread...

When/where/what is "the Shadow" that everyone seems to think the forsaken worship?

I was under the impression that the forsaken are basically the same as the members of the scourge except that they were able to retain self control and their "human" side...instead of becoming mindless undead heeding the master's call such as the Scourge members...

So kinda like if I were a human priest...got infected with the plague...died...arose as a forsaken and not a member of the scourge...chances are I'd still realize what "the Light" and being a "priest" is all about...I don't think I'd wake up and be all like "man wtf...screw the Light, I am gonna make up some random sounding shit to worship and derive my power from."

Something isn't clicking with me and "the Shadow" nonsense...but if someone can provide a link or a reference that'd be cool

The Shadow is mentioned in great detail in the RPG books.

To sum it up, the Light only exists in living things. When they die the Light leaves it. The Forsaken have a complete absence of the Light within them, so instead they worship the Shadow which is the opposite of the Light. Much like how Muru became a Void Naaru(Shadow) when all the Light left him.

Unfortunately, to use the Light you must have the Light flowing through you, but because the Forsaken are undead, to become infused with the Light would most probably mean their destruction.

This is why not a single Forsaken can use the Holy Light.

As I mentioned in my very long post earlier, Zeliek is believed to still be able to use the Light because he never truly died. He never lost conscience, his body probably dying through torture much akin to a Frostbitten foot or hand. The Light inside him probably keep something internal alive, much like Bolvar is still believed to be alive after a year of torture. Because of never dying completely he can use the Light, but he cannot control his body.

What is a paladin? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

Quote Originally Posted by select20
    Him: "I don't have a complete healing set yet, but I am healing capped and MP5 capped, so I'm good."
    Me: "What do you mean healing/mp5 capped?"
    Him: "I maxed my healing/MP5 so now I can successfully heal any heroic or any raid up to 10man lvl. Thats why I got some tanking gear on to help me survive longer in case I pull aggro from the tank."
    Awesome SIGZ MAYNE

Blizz doesnt care about lore anymore they figure they had u by the gonads for 5 years youll either keep playing or quit and more will take your place ><
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by mograineprotpally
    I needed that, thanks.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Memories
    Paladins are kinda like the Jedi.
    Only Jedi are way cooler. ;D
    That's why I play one.