Page 1 of 3
LastLast

People hating enh shamans, just my server or a general problem?

So I have a lvl 80 enh shaman on Sunstrider-EU and the problem I keep running into is that everytime I join a PUG raid people whine about wether or not my dps will be good enough because I'm enh.
    I mean I'm not your uber pro raider with ICC gear but I know my class and spec.

Now I was wondering is my server just full of enh hating jerks or is this a general issue and if it is a general issue then why?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: People hating enh shamans, just my server or a general problem?

I'm from Burning Steppes and I love enh shamans!
    I am leveling one myself and I'm really enjoying it.
    About your DPS, if you know how to play your class properly people won't remove you from PUGs.
    None hate Enh shamans, but they might hate the player using it!

Your server/battlegroup probably just had a lot of bad experiences with them. Most of the time I join a group on my enhancement shaman, all the melee gets excited
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

I play an Enh Shaman as my main, and I really haven't gotten any flak for it. The worst I have had lately is Death Knights annoyed at overwriting Horn of Winter.

It sounds like it is just a server thing, or perhaps you just ran into a few jerks. Maybe you should find a guild to run with and leave behind the pug raiding scene. Guilds tend to understand just how valuable a well played Enh Shaman is over a random pug.

I personally jizz my pants when grouped with an enhance shammy (I r ret)

You need to ask yourself:
    can you do adequate dps for the raids you're doing while staying out of fires and not aggroing unnecessarily?
    are you popping bloodlust when asked and keeping the best totems down for your composition?
    If the answer is yes to both, ignore them, they are stupid.
    If the answer is no to one and/or the other, maybe that's why there's hate?

As far as my own server, i see VERY few enhance shaman, our shammy pop is low as is and i see at least 4-5 ele/resto for every enhance, but i definitely have NOTHING against them, nor has anyone else i've seen on the server.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

I think there's a kind of prejudice towards range dps from some people because they have outdated notions of melee being heavy upkeep from heals, dying early. So if they're going to have melee they want to stack it towards the highest DPS ones, like rogues and DK's.

Enh. shamans are far from a face roll at the moment so it's quite possible there are a lot of under performers out there.

15+ Year Old Account

your server probably runs into enhancers who press CL on single targets, use FT totem, double WF, don't use FS etc etc, i know i have.

I don't understand why people should hate them, especially melee. They bring buffs to their DPS so they should be loved imo.

No one really hates them on my server, well not that i know of.

Well judging from these replies I would make sense that it's just my server because the amount of shamans isn't exactly small and I have run into a few "confused" enh shamans.

However I myself do know
    1) How to stay out of the fire :P
    2) What totems to drop and when to pop BL
    3) What my best rotation is for my gear/build

So guess I'll just have to learn to live with Sunstrider ^^

I play enh as my main and the reason i see for enhancments getting a bad rap is there are so many of them out there that really have no clue. I consistanly see enhancements gemming Agi, Int and even ArP, Using double windfury, Fast offhands and having no knowledge of the proper priority. I get alot of enhancment shaman wispering me and asking me random question like when should i use lava burst and why do u spec this or that talent. I use Rawr combined with enhsim on a daily basis and when i get asked questions about gear gems and spec i ask: do you use enhsim? 90% of the time they have no clue what im talking about. Enhance isn't extremely complicated to play but it does require a little research especially after a major content pach. You can't just log in one day and go hmm i think ill throw in some agi gems because they give me both atp and crit and use any priority you want. wich in some cases i think is what happens.

I had a guildmate who picked up an enhance off spec for his resto shaman. Did a couple instances with him and he couldn't figure out why his dps was so low. Checked his spec and he didn't have Mental quickness at all.

I guess it depends on server, I've no hate for enha shamans on any server I play on, and I have one myself which has no extra problems getting into groups because of spec.

I always end up on top when I play my enhan shaman. Just know how to use your totems and your other AoE on trash and on bosses use your Cooldowns.
    TBH if a melee classe doesn't love us he is a moron and casters where wishing we where elemental.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

they're obviously uneducated about the class, and have possibly pugged with an enh sham that has no clue.

i only pug my daily for the frost emblems, but 90% of the time i let my 5k-7k dps with 40% of the damage done speak for itself. i haven't personally had anyone hate on me while in pug or raid. i am a firm believer in not talking trash and stirring up drama, i just let the numbers speak blatantly for me.

this doesn't necessarily speak for all enh shams, but i think there are a vast majority out there playing the class that don't research to increase their dps.

almost all of the enh sham's on these forums are here to better themselves and their class. i wouldn't worry about what random pugs say to you. just let it slide and keep breaking face as enh
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fizzcrank&n=Detramental

I've gone into pug raids on my main, been asked "shaman how much dps do you do", responded with "baller", and been laughed at.

Then on the boss I did 1k more than the mage who did about 500dps more than anyone else. He wasn't laughing anymore.

I think it's mostly just the fact that a geared Enhancement Shaman who knows how their class works and how to play it is incredibly rare. Most shaman are elemental or resto, plus most of the enhancement shaman out there are HORRIBLE.

I remember hosting a pug ToC25 in 3.2, having a shaman try to get in, armorying him, and finding him using Black Knight's Rondel for his offhand, gemming all agility. I turned him down and got ten hate whispers from his guildies that I was "a retard" and that I didn't know anything about enhancement.

People just don't know Enhancement. And people are scared of what they don't know.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroguage
    I play enh as my main and the reason i see for enhancments getting a bad rap is there are so many of them out there that really have no clue. I consistanly see enhancements gemming Agi, Int and even ArP, Using double windfury, Fast offhands and having no knowledge of the proper priority. I get alot of enhancment shaman wispering me and asking me random question like when should i use lava burst and why do u spec this or that talent. I use Rawr combined with enhsim on a daily basis and when i get asked questions about gear gems and spec i ask: do you use enhsim? 90% of the time they have no clue what im talking about. Enhance isn't extremely complicated to play but it does require a little research especially after a major content pach. You can't just log in one day and go hmm i think ill throw in some agi gems because they give me both atp and crit and use any priority you want. wich in some cases i think is what happens.
    Actually ArP is good to gem for pvp

Do you have something like Greed/Fury or whatever they are called and some questing blues? That tends to put people off.

With enha i found there was a level of gear where my dps skyrocketed. You use magma totem in fights and everything? look in the enha FAQ if u dont know.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't know about you, but i love me my ench shamys, i mean, 16% more haste anyone?! (melee)

My server doesn't hate enh shamans... we just only have three that actually raid.

Quote Originally Posted by HeLpIaMaTrEe
    Actually ArP is good to gem for pvp
    Kinda off topic but no it isn't.

Deleted

usually enhancers deal more damage.

got a shaman myself as well.
    gearlevel of 207, 4k+ dps, imo thats quite high for that gearlevel.
    enhancement needs better gear to reach those numbers.