Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Blizzard will now help root out criminals

Quote Originally Posted by Mithsploit
    Being in the army: legal
    Adult entertainment: legal
    Drug dealing: illegal

I could paint you a picture if you'd prefer.
    Just because something is legal doesnt bring any moral to it.
    For example, there was a news report on some law still being in effect and forgotten to be removed in which a child if caught stealing from a noble could be hung! Thats what was law then and technicaly was still law when it was discovered.

In some countries, drugs that are legal are worthy of imprisonment in others.
    Which country is right?
    You could say drugs can lead to violence or cause harm. But stopping someone from doing it goes against free will. Some drugs are good medication though still considered illegal due to abusers.

What I'm saying is that there are many sides to that sort of argument and neither is right.

Before you say "well its the government", last time I heard the politicians of our many countries in the world are not gods. Not everything they say is right.

Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks
    The most common side effects of marijuana are:
    * sleepiness
    * difficulty keeping track of time, impaired or reduced short-term memory
    * reduced ability to perform tasks requiring concentration and coordination, such as driving a car
    * increased heart rate
    * potential cardiac dangers for those with preexisting heart disease
    * bloodshot eyes
    * dry mouth and throat
    * paranoia, hallucinations
    * impaired or reduced short-term memory
    * impaired or reduced comprehension
    * altered motivation and cognition, making the acquisition of new information difficult
    * psychological dependence
    * impairments in learning and memory, perception, and judgment - difficulty speaking, listening effectively, thinking, retaining knowledge, problem solving, and forming concepts
    * intense anxiety or panic attacks
    Did you know playing gaming causes some of these common side effects:
    -Sleepiness
    -Difficulty keeping track of time
    -Reduced ability to perform tasks requiring concentration and coordination (you tried driving and playing a game before? Its madness...)
    -Increased heart rate (OMFG THAT ZZOMBIE!!!!)
    -Bloodshot eyes (I forgot to blink..)
    -Dry mouth and throat (Drinking can wait.. gotta down this boss!) (though tbh... your smoking.. any dumbass can tell you your mouth gets dry!)

<3 <3 <3

mushrooms for school leavers vice president signing off
    somebody call for d doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Texco
    it's not used to liven things up.
    You obviously have never smoked before, because i know when i smoke i dont get "livened up", i get really fucking lazy
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis
    Abandon is clearly confusing the issue on purpose..there is an obvious difference to the drug dealers who sell where it is legal and those doing it illegally and the methods used by both.

"grassing" on illegal drug dealers is never looked down on, its one time i wish places were more like china.

find me a moral drug dealer and i'll agree with you..one that wont sell to kids or those with a bad drug problem for example..wont find one will you? no because they are scum.
    ugh you disgust me

It's unfair to judge Mr. Drug Dealer as a person based on what little information we have. He could have been blackmailed into it for all we know. He could be psychotic, by no fault of his own. Of course, he could also be an asshole that sells drugs to particularly vulnerable people just to see their life fall into ruin. We simply don't know. All we have is an assumption based on what he is (the general assumption that most criminals are bad and most police are good, with some exceptions) which would lead some people to make a judgment about him; though, I must stress that passing judgment on this man based on an assumption isn't a good thing to do. At most, a hypothesis is what's made in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333
    http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/blog/article/7863/

in england, this is called grassing on somebody, and it's frowned upon. if the guy was a rapist or a murderer then fair enough, but he was just trying to make ends meet. i'm not on the run from the law so i have nothing to worry about, but if you are, i'd suggest cancelling your subscription and moving house
    Blizzard were subpoenaed. Do you even understand what that is?

A subpoena is a writ issued by a court that commands the presence of a witness to testify, under a penalty for failure.

Subpoenas are associated with common law legal systems.

There are two common types of subpoena:

subpoena ad testificandum orders a person to testify before the ordering authority or face punishment.
    subpoena duces tecum orders a person to bring physical evidence before the ordering authority or face punishment.

What would you expect Blizzard to do you complete moron. I'd report any and every drug dealer I know, regardless.

I was under the impression that Blizzard would be forced to obey the subpoena, as otherwise it would be an obstruction of justice.

If you break the law, you need to understand the consequences. What did he think? He could just run away from doing something so fucking stupid?

I don't even know how anyone here can justify drug dealing.

Ahhh come on man. He is innocent. Can't you see? He is a shaman, an he uses the drugs to commune with the spirits and elements. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Pretentious
    Smoking cigarettes is legal, yet.. the majority of people that smoke have some negative side-effect. Marijuana is only illegal because of racism in the south. That's it.
    Smoking cigarettes is legal only because of the billions of dollars it generates as an industry, and money is power. That's it.

Honestly, cigarettes should be just as illegal as marijuana, because they are both many times more habit forming and dangerous during responsible use (key words: responsible use) than alcohol. And pretty soon, our new public health care system will be filled with lung cancer patients getting free treatment that hardworking people have to pay for with taxes. Too bad our society isn't actually all that progressive after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis
    find me a moral drug dealer and i'll agree with you..one that wont sell to kids or those with a bad drug problem for example..wont find one will you? no because they are scum.
    Howard Marks aka Mr. Nice.

Drugs aren't for recreational use
    Alchohol?

15+ Year Old Account

I am amused by these posts.

Greetings,
    From Holland
    Dawwwwwww

One final note from Stephen Fry on drugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAaeg6XDjYM

You are confusing the issue.

Regardless of if weed should be legal or not, I'm afraid in many countries it is actually illegal, hence why this dealer was arrested (If he even sold weed. From what I read, it could of been any drug. I doubt we'd be having this conversation if he was selling smack)

Whether it is within the rights of our (or any other) country to restrict the selling of certain drugs, whether it is prudent or logical to restrict the sale of certain drugs is beside the point. If you break the law you should have every expectation of facing punishment. If you break the law you should have every expectation of certain private information being disclosed by companies you do business with. Without fear of punishment the law is impotent. There needs to be certain protection under the law for those accused of crimes, however Blizzard is not your attorney nor your priest. You disclosed information to them knowing full well that the law may compel them to disclose that information to the authorities.

If you choose to break the law, even as a form of protest, you must be prepared for consequences. If you wanted to change the law civil disobedience could be an option. Organize a large rally of people to smoke a joint on the mall in DC, make sure all of the participants know full well that even if they were to change the law their criminal records may not be expunged. See how many of them care enough to show up. If you want to change the law coming to a forum to complain that Blizzard cooperated with authorities in a criminal investigation is a dumb option.

I do think marijuana should be legal, its been proven pretty well that the medical risks associated to it are low, especially compared to other legal drugs. My biggest concern is individuals who may drive high, I'd like to see stiffer penalties for drunk drivers and high drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantek
    You are confusing the issue.
    No I'm not. I've read every post in this thread so far and I understand the issue completely.

I thought it would be nice to include a speech on something related to the original issue.

- Drugs are illegals cause they are provided by organised crime, and therefor illegaly produced.

- No one is innocent, we always have the choice.

Poor Hightower better luck next time, you can't escape with the law! Too bad that you spills some info of you and I'm glad Bliz cooperate with this matter, I salute you with this!
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

Quote Originally Posted by 3allz
    No I'm not. I've read every post in this thread so far and I understand the issue completely.

I thought it would be nice to include a speech on something related to the original issue.
    I didn't mean you mate ;D I love Stephen Fry.