Thread: Pushback in ICC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Pushback in ICC

Looks like they're stacking additively again (or at least Rawr models it that way, which is good enough for me). I updated my previous post to reflect that.

Again, though, nothing in ICC currently needs pushback protection. The first wing isn't hard and nothing in Plagueworks seems to cause pushback.

festergut's blight causes constant pushback afaik

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arctan-Aggramar
    festergut's blight causes constant pushback afaik
    Nope, I run with 0/5 Arcane Stability and was not suffering any pushback. Your character does the damage animation, but the cast bar doesn't flinch.

interesting.. i dont remember getting any pushback either but that seems to be the consensus in this thread on wow mage forums *shrug*:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...18702809&sid=1

Q u o t e:
    Does his AoE (And for that matter, putricide's) cause spell pushback?

Yes

On another note, it looks like we mages can maximize our dps on festergut by ignoring the first few spores and iceblocking the first exhale. gonna try this next week to verify.

interesting.. i dont remember getting any pushback either but that seems to be the consensus in this thread on wow mage forums *shrug*:

On another note, it looks like we mages can maximize our dps on festergut by ignoring the first few spores and iceblocking the first exhale. gonna try this next week to verify.
    Someone brought this up in my raid but I didn't bother with it since I want to be used to the mechanic. Having ice block is always nice for if you happen to miss a spore out of idiocy, but if you used it the first time, no dice.

15+ Year Old Account

[01:06:47.633] Arakuth begins to cast Arcane Blast
    [01:06:47.986] Arakuth Arcane Blast Festergut 5185
    [01:06:48.441] Festergut Gaseous Blight Arakuth 1590 (R: 398)
    [01:06:49.376] Arakuth afflicted by Arcane Blast (2) from Arakuth
    [01:06:49.382] Arakuth begins to cast Arcane Blast

1.749 second difference between starting to cast the first one and starting the second (the damage always seems slightly delayed--must be some invisible travel time), which roughly corresponded to the speed of my Arcane Blasts that night (Wrath of Air but no Moonkin/Retadin buff). 2pt10 would only give me an extra .1-.2 seconds off the cast, but pushback would've added 0.5 seconds (I have no protection and no paladin for conc. aura). Icy Veins and Heroism were almost certainly not up at that time (that's about a minute into the fight and we blew our cooldowns on the pull) and there was no priest for PI.

If you want to browse for yourself and see if you can find some evidence of pushback:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...th%22%29%0D%0A

perhaps it was all for nothing then.

I ran with 1/5 last night and saw no difference on saurfang or lady.

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin
    perhaps it was all for nothing then.

I ran with 1/5 last night and saw no difference on saurfang or lady.
    Pusback won't matter that much for the first wing, but in the 2nd wing it will become more apparant.
    You can never go back and change the beginning, but you can always write a new ending.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin
    However, if what the above poster put is correctly perhaps I only need 2 points in there (protect against 2 hits).
    Huh ?
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex
    Huh ?
    read first page with the massive tables etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dr0nzer
    Pusback won't matter that much for the first wing, but in the 2nd wing it will become more apparant.
    No it won't. Not on the bosses atleast.

On some trash (stinky!!) you'll see alot of pushback. But who cares about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    No it won't. Not on the bosses atleast.

On some trash (stinky!!) you'll see alot of pushback. But who cares about that?
    Have you even attempted these encounters or you pulling crap out of your ass?, yes it will become aparant.

Rotface -> Slime Spray + Mutated Infection
    Festergut is riddled with spell pushback

Putricide is again riddled with spell pushback, but you'd be pretty stupid to run arcane in this fight with it being so movement heavy.
    You can never go back and change the beginning, but you can always write a new ending.

Putricide is again riddled with spell pushback, but you'd be pretty stupid to run arcane in this fight with it being so movement heavy.
    stand at 90degrees and forward of the melee group and you don't have to move as much.
    I did better on Putricide than Festerfuk as arcane.

i.e. the following positioning:
    MT at 12 o'clock
    melee DPS at 6 o'clock
    me (and another mage and a healer or two) at 9 o'clock
    you could have another group at 3 o'clock.
    basically each group is in its own cone area and not everyone will have to move

Have you even attempted these encounters or you pulling crap out of your ass?, yes it will become aparant.

Rotface -> Slime Spray + Mutated Infection
    Festergut is riddled with spell pushback

You aren't very bright.

Let's start with Rotface. Slime spray pushback? Do you like dying? Taking more than one tick of slime spray at a time makes you terrible. Trying to DPS through it makes you worse.

Next up: Festergut. Riddled with pushback? I'm sorry, but there is no pushback in this fight at all, aside from maybe twice form his giant plague spew. I don't know what fight you think you're talking about, but it isn't festergut.

Last: Putricide. Alright, there is movement, you're at least thinking almost intelligently here. Arcane also does a ridiculous amount of damage to his adds. This fight isn't about maximizing dps, it's about minimizing ooze/gas uptime and keeping the floor empty. Arcane is better than fire for this unless you are wiping in phase 3 from lack of damage on boss.

[edit] forgot to quote :x

15+ Year Old Account

Skarrd: Aww, I had to go to a meeting and you beat me to the reply.

I'll just add that Mutating Infection doesn't cause pushback either, and if you're standing still with Mutating Infection, you're even more retarded than if you're standing in the Slime Spray.