warrior prot lvling rotation+spec,glyphs

Hi.. I'm lvl 45 warrior and i'd like to go as prot.. for dungeons and lvling, so can anyone tell me the best rotation, glyphs and spec? Thanks.

Re: warrior prot lvling rotation+spec,glyphs

At level 45 you dont have to be prot to tank instances, just go arms.

Quote Originally Posted by CyCloneNL

He still needs info on a PROT leveling spec and PROT rotation. Because he wants to tank as prot, let him, and instead of telling him "you can tank as arms".

okthnxbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Well.. what tank rotation for arms then? and glyphs, spec? and I can also have the spec,rotation.glyphs for prot when higher lvl like 50

Actually your specc doesn't matter until you have reached Burning Crusade content where itemization was brought into the game. As you will not only lack in defense rating (which also provides block, parry, dodge) but also in gear that boosts your DPS as protection warrior (shieldslam). Plus you can't specc Shockwave so far which is lot of fun.

Until 60+ I'd recommend going for fury and spamming Bloodthirst, Whirlwind, Slam on Procs and Heroic Strike or if you really wanna do arms the same way with Mortal Strike, Slam (if specced) and HS. If you do stay protection, then you should start with devastate > Revenge on Procc > Mocking Blow (Single Target Aggro) -> Shield Slam. And Thunderclap when its ready. Tanking multiple targets is general TC/SW and cleaving.

Thre only real glyph you should care about is cleaving, as it hits three targets then and you can do some nice AoE pull/trashtanking. Speccing is quite simple, go for everything you need in prot until 60

For specs you have a few alternatives. I dont know how rage is at 45 as tank but i would assume you are rage starving so shield specialization is probably the best alternative. This spec shouldnt be bad for lvl 45. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LZZVItrx0zVdz

For minor glyphs, there are a few alternatives you should choose form yourself. Basically Glyph of Battle/command (depending on what you use the most), glyph of Charge and glyph of Thunderclap are good minor glyphs.

I am assuming its far from hard to heal a dungeon at lvl 45 atm with a prot tank and for your solo-leveling I allso assume you may like to pull 3+ mobs so glyph of Cleaving would probably be a nice choice for Major Glyph. Other alternatives is Glyph of Blocking, glyph of Shield Wall/last Stand.

For rotation its pretty simple. Your strongest attack will be shield Slam. Shield slams dmg is based on your Block value so it can be a nice thing to use Shield Block right before you do a Shield slam as SB increse your block value by 100%. Thunder Clap is your source of AOE threat and you should pretty much spam this when its off CD if you have 2 or more mobs on you. On single target you use Heroic Strike if you have enough rage, and you use Cleave on 2 or more mobs, also if you have enough rage. Revenge is a very nice low-ragecost ability you probably want to use a lot as you probably will lack rage most of the time.

On bosses you want to keep Thunder Clap and Demoralizing Shout up on the boss as that reduces the Attack speed and power of the boss, which ease up the healing. On bosses you also want to get 5 stacks of Sunder Armor up as that increse physical dps on the target significantly. On trash Sunders is not that important as they die fast and its a poor source of dmg/threat versus Shield Slam/revenge/Thunderclap when you have a limited amount of globals to spend.

You probably want to spend your next 2 talent points after 45 in Vitality, then Focused rage and take Devastate as soon as you can. Once you get Devastate, that will be your ability to spam when Shield Slam and Revenge is on CD.

This should give you a few guidelines. I wish you good luck leveling!

Edit:
    As allready mentioned, tho it is offtopic, I also want to tell you I really recomend going Arms up to lvl 60. As arms you will be very much able to tank instances with ease, and at the same time Arms is by far the best leveling spec for Warriors up to 60+. But if you enjoy Prot and are not looking for the fastest spec, but what you enjoy instead, please stick with prot if thats what you want! Its a game and we should enjoy it, so /salute to you if you do it the slow way because you enjoy it, rather then doing what everyone on "the forum" told you

Not trying to Hijack this thread but I have started playing my prot warrior again at lvl 44. I ran some instances last night and I have noticed that I am VERY VERY rage starved?? I am so rage starved it is really hard to even hold aggro at all. Has anyone else ran into this problem and if so how can i fix it, and will it get better? Because right now tanking with this warrior is not only very hard it is not fun at all. I know they have said to tank in the arms tree until 60 ( Could someone make a talent build for this spec ? ) Any advice you guys could give would be great. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...erlord&n=Tybee Thanks in advance ;D

Quote Originally Posted by GGtrythis
    Actually your specc doesn't matter until you have reached Burning Crusade content where itemization was brought into the game. As you will not only lack in defense rating (which also provides block, parry, dodge) but also in gear that boosts your DPS as protection warrior (shieldslam). Plus you can't specc Shockwave so far which is lot of fun.

Until 60+ I'd recommend going for fury and spamming Bloodthirst, Whirlwind, Slam on Procs and Heroic Strike or if you really wanna do arms the same way with Mortal Strike, Slam (if specced) and HS. If you do stay protection, then you should start with devastate > Revenge on Procc > Mocking Blow (Single Target Aggro) -> Shield Slam. And Thunderclap when its ready. Tanking multiple targets is general TC/SW and cleaving.

Thre only real glyph you should care about is cleaving, as it hits three targets then and you can do some nice AoE pull/trashtanking. Speccing is quite simple, go for everything you need in prot until 60
    TC = Thunder Clap? and whats SW? and what procs is it u talking about?

as a level 30 prot warrior who doesn't really have problems holding aggro (at least so far), I glyphed sunder (hits an additional target) and just taunt>sunder>thunderclap>tab sunder>TC when it's off cooldown [Cleave if you feel like it]. That's the basic rotation I use, at least for dungeons up to this level (using mocking blow/taunts/cleaves as needed). The spec Gemt posted is slightly different than what I use, but it is better and I'll be respeccing next time I play. As for rage starvation, smaller pulls can sometimes starve you a bit, but when you get a few mobs on you then it becomes much less of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Desirie

He still needs info on a PROT leveling spec and PROT rotation. Because he wants to tank as prot, let him, and instead of telling him "you can tank as arms".

okthnxbye.
    I honestly think you sounded smart untill the "okthnxbye" - But everything else is correct

Hello there, zorax. I understand you want to go prot - believe me, it's a lot of fun As some people have mentioned a lot of the good prot stuff comes later on e.g. Devastate and Shockwave but it is still pretty fun to be prot at that level, my friend is enjoying it a lot at least. And yeah, TC is Thunder Clap and I would assume SW is Shockwave, last ability in the prot tree, which is also great for aoe tanking.

Dungeon spec:
    At the moment I am running random dungeons with him (level 44 and prot too) and his spec is like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LZZiIkrMczVdb
    As you can see it is a bit different from the spec Gemt linked but tbh your spec does not matter a lot at that level. As long as you have got the essential talents, which in my opinion is improved Thunder Clap, Shield Specialization, Incite - they just make AoE tanking at your level so much easier. But I would also go for the spec Gemt linked. (This is if you're focusing on going dungeons and tanking). I would suggest another spec for prot leveling, I'll explain later on)

Glyphs:
    Regarding glyphs, minor one you should go for Thunder Clap if you want to make AoE tanking a little easier or maybe the battle shout one, you'll appreciate the extra 2 minutes eventually But it does not really improve your tanking as such. The others are not so important - Mocking Blow could be used, but you rarely use that ability anyway. Bloodrage glyph to be able to use it without losing hp is also quite nice but it is not so much hp that you should worry too much about it.
    I would say you should go for either Thunder Clap glyph or Bloodrage glyph. Definitely Bloodrage one if you're just questing by yourself.

Regarding major glyphs there are more opportunities - also depending on whether you are questing by yourself or doing dungeons. You say you want to do both, so you should probably just go for the ones that are most effecient when you are running dungeons so I'll go through them (the ones I think you should get, other people in the thread have already mentioned some of this, but anyway):
    Glyph of Cleaving - making Cleave hit one extra target just makes it so much easier for you.
    Glyph of Sunder Armor - this one also makes aoe tanking a lot easier.

Some other possibilities could be Glyph of Blocking for the extra block value, which is quite nice or Glyph of Revenge if you feel your Heroic Strikes "consume" too much rage. Those last two are probably better for just leveling on your own but you would definitely not be blamed for choosing those if you did.

Leveling on your own:
    If you just want to level on your own and not join a dungeon ever, other specs would probably be better but it can definitely be done as prot and in case, I would go with this spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LZZVIkrx0zibh:dbZm

You dont HAVE to be prot to tank anything but raids.

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

i actually dont know what abilities you have yet..:P
    im gonna assume u have shield slam...main ability, top priority. if SS is on cooldown, use revenge or sunder armor. glyph of blocking is nice for leveling, and maybe glyph of cleaving, idk. use heroic strike if your rage gets over 50. dont use rend preferably, bad habit