Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Prot 3.3 BiS discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Did I already say it's ~ 2.5% damage reduction ? Yes I did - Your 1% applies to a 60-70k hit (I think that's what bosses hit for pre armor) not the 20-25k hit you really get. And 2.5% less damage taken is certainly better than 2.7% Avoidance (pre DR on Dodge => it's a lot less than that)

Armor has diminishing returns, but this is needed for it to increase your TTL in a linear way (else it would be skyrocketing at some point) and as I said before it's about 80% as strong as stamina for EH (because you gain 25% stamina from talents/buffs and both your health and armor levels should be close at ~50k each)

Try to read this : http://www.wowwiki.com/Armor I still doubt you're smart enough to understand it but nvm.
    First of all, dont insult someones intelligence to make a point, it makes you look like an idiot and an asshole, second of all, and more importantly, 1100 armor =! 2.5% damage reduction, when you are pushing 64-65% damage reduction from armor already If you are above 25k armor the actual conversion is right around 1k = 1%.

Then talk about the bosses actual hits pre-armor being about 100k, and even if we used your ridiculous number of 2.5%, you are still looking at 2500 damage, when a boss hits for 25k, which most of them do, you are still as dead as a fucking doornail when he hits you 3 times in quick succession, which unfortunately will happen much more often when you sacrifice large % of avoidance to stack armor, NOT because armor is bad which i clearly stated in my previous post, but because the gear with armor on it has absolutely terrible itemization. No one needs gear with shit loads of armor and retarded amounts of parry rating, it defeats its own purpose of trying to increase your TTL by pairing it with a shitty stat like parry.

There are plenty of rings, necks, cloaks, with bonus armor that have very good itemization, but the plate crafted and badge gear are fucking stupidly bad, and any justification otherwise showcases your ignorance. For instance, the Saronited Plated Leggings were a well itemized piece of Plate loot with Bonus armor, arguably one of our BiS at its time, but if you look at what blizzard itemized it with, you notice they left out terrible parry rating.

Re: Prot 3.3 BiS discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerelic
    First of all, dont insult someones intelligence to make a point, it makes you look like an idiot and an asshole, second of all, and more importantly, 1100 armor =! 2.5% damage reduction, when you are pushing 64-65% damage reduction from armor already If you are above 25k armor the actual conversion is right around 1k = 1%.
    I counter ignorance with being an asshole :>

Going from 64% to 65% reduction is ~ 3% less damage taken (36%/35% do the math) => worth around 1500 HP if all of the incoming damage is physical.
    Would you say the item is meh if it had 100 more stamina (which is ~1250 HP or 1250 armor) on it? Guess not. Having dodge or defense or parry doesn't really make a difference in fights, where you need EH anyway.