Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Got kicked for healing as Elemental in an HC

I agree with most ppl that have posted if no one dies who cares... I've had a lot of tanks tanking in dps spec/gear to rush through the heroics, and when I'm healing on my druid I hot up the tanks (if they are geared) and then just hurricane the adds down or just sit there moonfire spamming when bored. But if no one dies who cares lol... <3 Sel

After reading this, tried healing in enhan spec and gear, which is pretty good. Queued for random daily, got VH.
    I have resto off spec and gear but I tought, Lets see if this works or not! Tank has a dk and had average gear, (36k heath unbuffed). Since VH is ez I tought we wouldn´t have any problems. And we didnt. Could very easilly heal tank and still manage to clearly top dps. I imagine that in a harder instance but with a better tank it´s very doable. Did had to stop sometimes to cast but no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Omen
    I do this all the time as Enhancement. I queue as a healer, with a resto spec, and if the tank's raid-geared and it's a release heroic, I'll go enhance and just heal with Maelstrom Weapons (of course casting more than just instant heals if required).

I've had one tank notice, laugh, and keep pulling. The others, if they noticed, didn't say or do anything.
    I need a few more pieces for my Resto set in case we get one of the ICC dungeons but I would really like to try this.

You're there as a healer 'ROLL' if you're keeping everyone up, you are fullfilling that roll.

There are many times i'll do the same, and heal in my shadow spec to speed things up, often Vampiric Embrace and PW:S alone will keep a group healed if the tank is 35k+ HP, with maybe a renew between pulls.

One time I qued as DPS, got VH, and due to Vampiric Embrace I actually outhealed the resto-druid assigned to heal.

While 1/100 groups might get butt-sore about you healing in a DPS spec, most, as long as no one is dying, will be happy to get done with the dungeon faster. Occasionally you will run into some DPS, the recount obsessed ones, that are offended that the designated healer is also coming in #1 DPS

The nice thing is that is the other 3 dps are nice mobs are melted and not much time to dmg tank ;D

I heal heroics (except the ICC's) in ele spec with all the ele gear that I have any time I think the tank is up to it. Of course I always announce it at the start to give the whiners their chance and the only response I've ever gotten is "As long as you keep me up idc what you do." Some mobs hit harder than others and you spend more time healing. Most of the time I dps through the mob and top off the tank at the end. If it takes 2 LHW's to top off a 45k tank then I think that's pretty safe. As someone else said, topping dps meters at the same time tends to piss off the dps but as long as the tank is ok with it you aren't going anywhere.

Heroics are not hard. What is hard is staying awake to refresh earth shield and move to the next mob when you're healing as resto.

While it might work, it is simply not very respectful of others to go there with a spec not designed to do stuff. You obviously queue as a healer to lower your waiting times. You might not always get a tank that good equipped that it does not matter whether you heal at all, or not. Thus, if you want to queue as a healer, be a healer. Ele is not a healing-spec. And while it might work sometimes, resto would work better.

I mean, obviously the tank might not know everything there is to do. But here, i see the problem totally with you. Going dual spec ele if you notice that you do not have to heal much, simply to do some dps in an easy heroic is acceptable. Not having an healing spec, and queing as a healer is not.
    You not designed to be in spec you designed to be in a role such as dps, tank or healer. As long you do your job as your role ( healer ) then it is no problem at all. When I tank with my druid I welcome the extra dps from the healer. And when I play resto shaman I dps when ever I can and have mana for it.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    While it might work, it is simply not very respectful of others to go there with a spec not designed to do stuff.
    this is utter bshiet - blizzard has designed the heroics to be able to go through with a tank geared warrior - yes, DESPITE his spec. to OP, youre right, i do this daily basic and we never have any issues so it was just retarded group

+ if the paladin knows how to play the prot, divine plea is up 24/7 on thrash aslong you guys can chainpull
    + guess ive gotten few times through HC without healing more than 50-75k total anyway - thats why there is cooldowns for tanks also, use them and push the instances through (6mins UK etc)

ofc if youre unlucky and get a shitgeared tank you might be in trouble by manawise etc so theres some minor point on his whining but ye, mostly retarded

The fact that you used up the dungeon timer in Gun'drak with 3 1/2 dps tells me something was wrong, and if you were topping the dps meter you wouldn't be kicked. Only reasonable explanation is because of your spec, tank couldn't pull at a proper rate and it took longer than usual, which is enough of a reason to be vote kicked.

I enter in resto, then ask the group first if they mind me going elemental with ele gear to speed things up.
    If they say no, I just DPS in my resto spec with resto gear lol..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Healing in DPS gear - nothing wrong with that if you can.

Argueing with the rest of the party about it to the point where you get kicked now that's just dumb ;D
    Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society

my paladin is holy/prot (not geared for the prot quite yet)... and I usually do about 1500 dps just throwing dps in holy spec, and I'd totally go ret, and heal that way if I still had ret spec.

on my tank I either A)encourage healer to go dps spec or b) go dps spec and gear myself and tank that way... with just a few pieces of tank gear I have 30k+ hp, and can output about 4k dps... and most healers say they really enjoy it, as it makes healing somewhat interesting again... best part is when I go blood presence, pop army of ghouls to tank, and crack 7k on a boss fight

if you have a loltank who runs heroics with 40k+ unbuffed, smart dps and people who never makes mistakes, it's all fine. problem you'll meet is when you get lower geared tanks, retard dps or thing go tits up and you overpull, or some dps gets aggro and gets spiked down to <10%, as at in a case anything should arise you have absolutely no cds to save the situation. not having riptide or NS in a heroic would be nothing but a frustration for me... sure, if I get an awesome geared tank who knows what he's doing I dps aswell, but as resto in resto gear. sure I'll only pull 2-2.5k tops on a boss, but atleast I know if anything goes wrong I'm still able to save it without deaths or wipes.

So the tank was actually paying attention to who gets healed and what not?

When I'm tanking, I'm too busy trying to pull the next set of mobs to even see who's doing what...

Quote Originally Posted by Frex
    I really wanna know who's wrong here, what'd you think?
    They're wrong and stupid, sir. If you keep the dudes up they don't have any reason to kick/complain. Especially the reason the paladin gave is just plain stupid... I supose he didn't use BoS, with that HP he/she surely have the avoidance so that BoS keeps mana toped at almost all times on trash. Besides, if he doesn't take dmg, you've nothing to heal and therefore your overhealing won't convert to mana as it did for like...3 contentpatches back?

I'm GLAD when the healer goes dps as paladin tank couse I can pritty much keep me self up, only the others that req heals and a nice hybrid dps will increase speed and keep the party up, damit, thats so nice!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account

miaw......

Heroic Violet Hold.

Im elemental, queued as healer. Heal as elemental.

And did 40% of the group's damage.

Geez Mr.tank kick me of this group!

i do the same, but im not in restro gear.
    it works well, we are finished 5min earlier, noone died.

whats the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

I'm sorry for not reading all 7 pages.

If noone dies, you did your job.

I have a paladin tank. On occasion I get a healer who wants to dps while healing the group. This isn't a problem for me since an extra dps will make the run go faster. The problem I have is that some of these dps/healer isn't focus on their main role of healing. There are times when I have to pop BoP to slow down damages while waiting for a heal or even popping LoH to save someone because the healer was busy dpsing.

Because 4 random people agreed to boot the OP, I'm skeptical that the run went as well as he portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzy
    If noone dies, you did your job.
    If the tank sinks down to 10% hp (on trash) you didn't do your job.
    I mean it's okay that you dps as healer if the group(!) can afford it. Dont just say "hi i r uber heal. i just dps. kk". Make a few trash pulls and judge if the tank can survive you dpsing.
    Also it happens more frequently that players misjudge their skills, and think they can dps while healing when they actually can't.

If -under normal circumstances- some group member drops below 75% you didn't do your job well enough.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    if you have a loltank who runs heroics with 40k+ unbuffed, smart dps and people who never makes mistakes, it's all fine. problem you'll meet is when you get lower geared tanks, retard dps or thing go tits up and you overpull, or some dps gets aggro and gets spiked down to <10%, as at in a case anything should arise you have absolutely no cds to save the situation. not having riptide or NS in a heroic would be nothing but a frustration for me... sure, if I get an awesome geared tank who knows what he's doing I dps aswell, but as resto in resto gear. sure I'll only pull 2-2.5k tops on a boss, but atleast I know if anything goes wrong I'm still able to save it without deaths or wipes.
    Now I am not defending the whole "healing in DPS spec" thing. But if a DPS pulls threat and gets spiked down to <10%, I usually let em die, maybe get the point across to let the tank do their job. This is usually caused by random DKtard, or warrior thinking they can be the uber tank when they are just DPS. Go ahead and deathgrip that elite in PoS in your DPS gear, see how long you last : )