Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: what's up with the DK's using normal enchants on weapons?

Well, another note of interest would be the lack of knowledge of scaling also. Some people don't seem to understand the cumulative effect of certain spells/gear combos. Ex, Betrayer of Humanity vs. Death's Bite. Both were great axes during the Naxx era, and were not too shabby doing Ulduar. I saw people running around with BoH as if it was great since it had the highest weapon DPS score between the 2. BUT, scalability wise, the DB was better. Why? BoH had AP and Ag on it, DB has STR. STR scales with wonderful things like Kings, Fallen Crusader, etc...

So, people see, "120AP" on a weapon and think "ok, that's 120AP more than I had", but don't stop to consider that while 120AP is 120AP, 40STR can equal 132AP if you have Kings and FC procs. Furthermore, if you had an equal amount of STR to AP (IE, 180AP -or- 90STR) you COULD end up with way more AP just from buffs (90 STR + 10% for Kings + 15% for FC = 113.85 STR = 227.7AP), so your 180AP is now trumped by 47.7AP additional to what you had just from using STR instead of AP.

Alot of people that don't know the class's don't understand this concept. One little thing here, one little thing there, makes a BIG difference in the overall picture. They tend to look at items based purely on the bonus that item offers and not what the item/skill can offer if combined with other thinsg like buffs/enchants/gear.

My $0.02

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by CrushedFate
    I think the ease of getting an alt one has meant that everybody can get one without too much of a problem. But you do need to watch yourself with any class as we can find noobs anywhere. Warriors in spellpower plate; check. Shamans with tanking shields; check. Rogues not using poisons (with the reply of "cuz there crap"); check. Balance druids not in Boomkin form; check. Warlocks without pets, Mages without all talent points spent, Holy Priests trying to dps (they advertised themselves as ranged dps and were trying to do it in Holy spec); check check and check. And yes, there has been a fair old number of weird and wonderful DKs out there with their weird gear combinations ("but it's an epic", "yes, but it's cloth", "So?"), specs which seem to have been picked by a family pet and rotations which god himself is still trying to comprehend.

Where there this is Warcraft there will always be nubs, they drift from class to class like wilderbeast across the african savannah but they trample all sense of reason and logic underfoot where ever they go.

"Why do you keep using that spell?"
    "Because it looks best"
    "But you aren't specced for it"
    "Blizzard make the best spells look best so people use them, and it's not like talents affect spells that much anyway"
    you forgot the rogue with off hand stamina orb ( you know because he misses too often with two weapons)

<3
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by fluffypants
    saw 1 with 20agi on wep the other day... dont you just luv them? its like a shaman gemming for Spirit <3
    HAHA I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by CrushedFate
    Holy Priests trying to dps (they advertised themselves as ranged dps and were trying to do it in Holy spec);
    To be fair to holy priest dpsers, if they've very new to the game it's understandable that they might get confused. Holy is the only healing spec with spammable dps spells that are unique to it and improved by talents within the tree. If you were new to the game and if nobody told you better it wouldn't be immediately clear from eyeballing the tree that holy dps wasn't intended to be viable.

With decent gear and glyphs a holy smiter can easily beat the dps I see from some of these terribad DKs and hunters, so again he might not realize he was doing it wrong for quite a while

Much much scarier are the scrub priests who skip Meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    I am really curious how he is in real life ;p. Playing the same game for at least 4 years and still make mistakes like that and when someone gives advise ignore him and say gtfo. Great stuff.

I have never seen one myself, but then again i never inspect them.
    I guess he might be bit like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc
    For more vids of this guy check http://www.youtube.com/user/wafflepwn

Quote Originally Posted by brandmansninjan
    what's up with the DK's using normal enchants on weapons?
    Just to have a full picture I once tried this, just to have all the data to make fully informed decisions on how to play mine. That being said, I suspect that this is not the case with most of those DKs you come across. I suspect that they simply have no idea what they're doing.

Then again, from personal experience, I can safely say that each class has this subset of players... the people that think they rolled some /faceroll class that will give them instant honor and glory. Without realizing that even the stronger classes need at least some basic understanding and skill to be played effectively.

With badge gear around, there's no real reason to go ahead and get Berserking. After a few heroics, you'll be well above the required strength for RotFC to be better. I don't understand why they'd even bother paying for it. Why try to statmax a fresh 80 in such a way that would become redundant extremely quickly?

The people that use normal enchants are just silly uninformed people. Hunters, dk, rogues and warriors with sp gear fall into the same category...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    Welcome to the forums.

DKs currently are much like Hunters in TBC. Everyone has one, even the nubs :/

It's just something we have to deal with.
    i never had a hunter not even lvl1 :O

and my DK is lvl65 to have two extra professions for the goldz
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

i came across something similar but then in the gemming direction. DK on my realm was looking for a JC, so i whisp him. Askd him what he needed. He sayd i need AP gems. I shiftclicked his name and saw he was a dk. Ask him if he was gonne use them on his own gear. Here is how the convo whent :
    He : Yes i am gonne use it on my gear;
    Me : Why would ya wanna gem for AP ?;
    He: Because DK uses AP, thats why;
    Me : But dk's never gem for ap, only str and maybe when youre short on stats as crit/hit/arp you gem fot that;
    He : why would i wanna gem for Str ? Str is AP.
    Me : m8, str is stat number one. No DK that plays seriously wil ever gem for AP. It stacks for example with BoK and your Ghoul lives on Str and not on AP.
    He : but m8, Str is AP......
    Me : /sigh
    He : so...can you cut them ? The AP ones ?
    Me : yeah m8.....but go read up on youre class on elitisk or something before saying AP is better as Str ^^
    He : Yeah ok, will do. So can you cut AP gems ?
    Me : yeah, 10 gold a piece.
    He : nvm thx for your rime but thats to much. bb.

Point is >> 80% of all the dk's on evry server worldwide has no cleu how to play it, let along read up on a class. These players will never ever raid on serious content. So on evry matter conserning DK's, rather its gemming, Runeforging, Specs, Rotations >> there will always be noobs like him, or yours.
    Just have to live with it ^^

Tell you what. We'll bring the rum. You bring the monkey. And a top hat. And some grease.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    ...Yeah...pretty much under 1400 strength

But that's so easy to get that it's retarded to spend all the money on Berserking
    So I hier u dun liek leather gear? It haz AP nd stuff nd DK needs AP amirite?

As an enchanter, I've had numerous DKs ask for Berserking and AP enchants, I just smile and nod and take their money.

10+ Year Old Account

Well normal weap enchants are not bad for a DK depending on your gear and spec.
    my lvl 80 dk has a DW dps spec and one Weap is runed with Fallen Crusader and other with Beserking. Reason is clear since Double Fallen Crusader does not stack and most attack power benefits is Fallen + Beserk vs double beserking

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater
    So I hier u dun liek leather gear? It haz AP nd stuff nd DK needs AP amirite?
    Icwutudidthar

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic
    Well normal weap enchants are not bad for a DK depending on your gear and spec.
    my lvl 80 dk has a DW dps spec and one Weap is runed with Fallen Crusader and other with Beserking. Reason is clear since Double Fallen Crusader does not stack and most attack power benefits is Fallen + Beserk vs double beserking
    Beserking rather than razorice or cinderglacier? srlsy?