Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New website - WoW-Wishlist.com

Hi guys, I just launched a new website called "WoW-Wishlist.com" currently it's in an early stage and still labeled as beta. You will be able to maintain your gear wishlist here and get a quick overview of where you need to go to get your gear.

Currently the service is extremely basic, I plan to start out this way, fix any and all bugs that pop up and then evolve from there. Expect lots of features and improvements to come to this website over the coming months.

Anyway, I would appreciate any and all feedback you might have, both the good and the bad (though be gentle with the bad ).

Check it out -> wow-wishlist.com

Update - Some screenshots so you can see what the service offers:

WoW Gear Wishlists - WoW-Wishlist.com
    Try out my Signature Generator

Deleted

Re: New website - WoW-Wishlist.com

Nice work, looking forward to future versions.

don't use your wow password ;-)

Haha, no worries - passwords are stored encrypted in the database.

But yeah, I personally always use different passwords depending on the type of service I'm signing up for

To those who signed up earlier; I have made some updates to the website:

• Loot types (Dungeon / Vendors, etc) are now grouped in tabs for an easier overview
    • Tab names will indicate how many items they have and from how many sources they may be obtained
    • If an item can be obtained from multiple sources you can now choose what sources you would like to be added to your wishlist
    • I'm now using wowhead entirely as the backend database, though wowarmory is still used as a backup if wowhead does not respond or has incomplete data

I'm also working on a news section where I can notify about these updates.

If you have any ideas on how to improve the service, please let me know - I'm very open to suggestions.

Also, if you are an addon writer and would like to help out with the "game" side of the project, please drop me a message I am an experienced programmer but have not done any work on wow addons yet, preferably I would outsource this to someone with experience in the field.

10+ Year Old Account

Looks good, great idear!
    http://www.theincrement.enjin.com
    Alliance - EU - Tarren Mill
    Progress:1/7 Mythic Emerald + 2/3 Normal Tov
    Recruiting:Exceptional recruits are always welcome!

Might i suggest;

Instead of having to place the ID into the "add item" slot, make it so you have to check which type of piece your looking for and then it allows you to sort through all the pieces of the item your looking for until you find the best one for your role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergg
    [Shadowmourne, Lifeless Devourer of the Fallen Soul of the Lich King of the Whale]

Quote Originally Posted by Violenzen
    Might i suggest;

Instead of having to place the ID into the "add item" slot, make it so you have to check which type of piece your looking for and then it allows you to sort through all the pieces of the item your looking for until you find the best one for your role.
    I have thought of something along those lines, you basically mean a "Find and Upgrade" function right?

I figured it would be redundant since you can use wowhead for something like this and then just paste the url in wow-wishlist. I realize some people would like to just rely entirely on one site though - I'll consider adding something along the lines of what you explain, I do like the idea of wow-wishlist.com being able to provide it's service without the requirement of third party websites.

I'm aware of atlas loot, I've used it for a long time - but it does not meet my requirements. For one thing I find it incredibly confusing to figure out what dungeon I'm supposed to be running - it does not give you a decent overview.

For another, I find it much easier to manage these sort of things from the comfort of my browser rather than in-game.

Of course this is just user preference, some will prefer Atlas loot and I suspect some will have the same preference I have.

A built-in item list would be better. This way i have to be looking the items up on wowhead first, and that's quite annoying.
    MAI ROFLCOPTER GOES SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

It's also nice to have a wishlist you can view outside of playing WoW - plus Atlasloot relies on you WTF folder so if you reinstall wow you lose it all.

looks very sexy, just a suggestion in case you have some free time, you could make an upload/download addon for it to sync with atlasloot wishlist (or your own integrated wow wishlist addon)

EDIT: Oh, I see this was already on your to-do list:P
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

This could be useful to my guild, any plans on other languages e.g. german, french, spanish?

Great Idee!!!.

One thing I dont like is that you have to register. Imho, if you want it to become big and that a lot of people put it in the same category as wowhead, wow-heroes etc, you should make it usable even if you aint registered. And a share function would be awesome.

My tip is make it the same way wowhead talent are shared and give people the restriction that if they want to save it they should login/register and this way they also could make multiple characters.

The atlas loot thing is good but tbh I never used its wishlist and ended up deleting it. Maybe I going to redownlaod it but not for the wishlist.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Just a quick question - did you draw that background picture of Lich King or where'd you get it from?

Just a quick notice to those who registered in the past 6 or so hours and did not receive an activation e-mail - I have manually activated your accounts, seems to be an issue with mails being marked as spam. Until this is resolved I've disabled e-mail verification so new signups will have their accounts activated immediately.

Now to answer some questions -

Quote Originally Posted by VibeTribe
    A built-in item list would be better. This way i have to be looking the items up on wowhead first, and that's quite annoying.
    You're right, I'm seriously considering it

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifra
    looks very sexy, just a suggestion in case you have some free time, you could make an upload/download addon for it to sync with atlasloot wishlist (or your own integrated wow wishlist addon)

EDIT: Oh, I see this was already on your to-do list:P
    Yep, an in-game addon is definitely on the planning ..

Quote Originally Posted by gash46
    This could be useful to my guild, any plans on other languages e.g. german, french, spanish?
    I will at some point release language files so that it may be translated, I only speak 2 languages fluently so I can't do it all by myself

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    One thing I dont like is that you have to register. Imho, if you want it to become big and that a lot of people put it in the same category as wowhead, wow-heroes etc, you should make it usable even if you aint registered. And a share function would be awesome.
    I have been thinking about something similar myself and I will definitely implement something along the lines of what you described, for now though the system is in beta and I simply want to test it's main functionality before adding "gadgets" like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hynynen
    Just a quick question - did you draw that background picture of Lich King or where'd you get it from?
    It's a cutout of an official wow wallpaper with some modifications - you can get it here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/wallpapers.xml

nice job there

rijksen, looks like a dutch name,

regards
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

What encryption method do you use? For the passwords that is.

Quote Originally Posted by VenoM
    What encryption method do you use? For the passwords that is.
    Encryption is dangerous since those can still be reversed. Most registration systems use (or should use for sake of security) md5-hash that cannot be decrypted. Add a little bit of salting and it's (almost) impossible to figure password out of it, maybe if you got some years to brute-force it.

So I register and have another point which you should put in it when you have the time.
    When I add something on your wishlist I first have to go to one of those database sites. Hopefully you could make a search funtion on your site so I dont have to go to wowhead for every item.

I got some things I would love to see in the future, but will wait and see what you own view on your site will be and maybe add them here when your ready for the gadget addons.

Your website will be awesome for people who are gearing up for something. Also for alts its great.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

15+ Year Old Account

I wish it kind of had a browser to use. I don't know item ID numbers. Otherwise I like the concept.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present