Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enough ICC nerfs, time to nerf Ony

Its time that Ony gets hit with the nerf stick. I was in three different Ony pugs and they all were full of fail. It was the fourth one that finally was not fail. Its amazing that people can pug things like togc 10 man or 25 man Uld HMs and fail so miserably at Ony. I just don't understand how people are so bad at such an easy boss, so if people can enlighten me I would be forever thankful. My favorite wipe was when a DK tank just ran in with half the raid not buffed or ready, then decided to turn Ony and cleave the whole raid. Share your own story if you wish.

Edit: spelling and grammer since I don't care

Re: Enough ICC nerfs, time to nerf Ony

lol, you typed edit when you didn't edit your post.

Well, the people pugging Onyxia tend to not be the people pugging Ulduar Hardmodes or ToGC10. Trust me. At the very least, not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalostyle
    Its amazing that people can pug things like togc 10 man or 25 man Uld HMs and fail so miserably at Ony.
    My favorite wipe was when a DK tank just ran in with half the raid not buffed or ready, then decided to turn Ony and cleave the whole raid.

As if that DK's actions would give you a high rate of success in togc or ulduar hm.

Pugs are unpredictable. You can go off gear, you can go off achievements, but when it comes down to it, there's a raid full of unknown variables. Find a nice guild that you can raid with somewhere.

Deleted

Ah, stories...
    First try, the MT wanted the OT to take all the whelps by himself. Teh lulz?
    Second try, same shit.
    Third try, while the MT is still pulling Onyxia back, the OT is going all out BANZAI with Righteous Fury up.
    Everyone left, Ony never died.

But hey, that's just because of stupidity. Not deserving of a nerf.

lol, its amazing people still fail @ ony.

he doesnt need a nerf, the scrub population of wow needs to take a "i need to learn not to suck at the simple things" course.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Board3r24/Sig.jpg
    (Sig too large)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntdanoobs
    lol, you typed edit when you didn't edit your post.
    I know, since I didn't care about any spelling and grammar but I am saying there probably are issues with it.

Its time that Ony gets hit with the nerf stick. I was in three different Ony pugs and they all were full of fail. It was the fourth one that finally was not fail. Its amazing that people can pug things like togc 10 man or 25 man Uld HMs and fail so miserably at Ony. I just don't understand how people are so bad at such an easy boss, so if people can enlighten me I would be forever thankful. My favorite wipe was when a DK tank just ran in with half the raid not buffed or ready, then decided to turn Ony and cleave the whole raid. Share your own story if you wish.

Because people turn with A & D.

i hate to sound elitist (because REALLY i'm NOT)

but

LOL ony is EASY.
    if you're messing up you're not gearchecking or the people you are with just really can't follow simple instructions.
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cronic420
    lol, its amazing people still fail @ ony.

She doesnt need a nerf, the scrub population of wow needs to take a "i need to learn not to suck at the simple things" course.
    Fix'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

You know, I played hardcore pre-bc (raided mc through naxx, including c'thun) and have since played extremely casually, and I have sort of watched this whole casual vs. hardcore thing evolve with an overwhelming sense of apathy. But honestly, you're complaining because you can't pug a raid on your first try? ???

You are a fuckin' moron, man.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I've experienced SO many fails that I can't be bothered with it anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Easy boss is easy

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&n=Tandellon

Your own post supports why Ony SHOULDN'T be nerfed. Raids don't wipe on Ony cause she's hard, they wipe cause ppl are bad/dumb. Ony has to be one of the easiest fights for the lvl of loot she drops. Dont stand in breaths and if u melee don't stand in nova from the adds. For anyone who gets hit by her tail you should uninstall.....
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

15+ Year Old Account

Come on guys, really?

Obvious troll is obvious, just re-read the post title.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Aranon
    You know, I played hardcore pre-bc (raided mc through naxx, including c'thun) and have since played extremely casually, and I have sort of watched this whole casual vs. hardcore thing evolve with an overwhelming sense of apathy. But honestly, you're complaining because you can't pug a raid on your first try? ???

You are a fuckin' moron, man.
    Made me lol pretty hard.

(The beeing all polite and then calling him a moron outta nowhere thing :P )
    Quote Originally Posted by OafusBladesEdge
    Pie and cake are good, but cookies own. You can eat cookies by the handful while driving in and out of traffic and jsut have to wipe off the seat when you're done. Cake and pie would require more skill, and the need for clean clothes and a shampooing of the seat and floor.
    Halz.Azerk.Destria

This is kind of bad. =/

She was fine Pre 3.3, but I'm pretty sure she Deep Breaths more since the patch...

she can perma deep breath whole fight who cares? just dont stay in front of her face ;o

but yes so many fails on this boss, melee dies to big adds blast wave and says "lolwut how is this possible healers l2p n00b", dk dpsing her from behind "lol i get tailkicked cuz of fear" etc.

The obvious solution is to not play in pugs.