Race, how much does it impact?

Hello fellow shamans, and whoever else happens too be reading this.

My question too the community is whether or not the change from troll too orc would benefit on my dps. My current armory is this: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Batol&n=Smexis .

And so ye, would it be a significant change too switch over too orc, or should I just stay troll?

I'll always be enha, so don't account for elemental stuff!

Re: Race, how much does it impact?

Orc: Attack Power buff (not sure on the number)
    Troll: 20% Haste

Id say it depends on your spec really do you want the attack power buff or the haste, As the AP buff is usless for elemental.
    (Correct me if im wrong) x)
    Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherinfern0
    Orc: Attack Power buff (not sure on the number)
    Troll: 20% Haste

Id say it depends on your spec really do you want the attack power buff or the haste, As the AP buff is usless for elemental.
    (Correct me if im wrong) x)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33697 this is what you get as a shaman.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Go orc and watch as the ladies swoon over your manly man shoulders crushing everything.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33697 this is what you get as a shaman.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Go orc and watch as the ladies swoon over your manly man shoulders crushing everything.
    Ah cheers, been a long time since i rolled an orc
    Classic WoW.

Didn't see anyone mention of the racial for 5 expertise if using a fist/axe weapon. To me this is a fairly large benefit when it comes to expertise gear available and having to gem for it.

also dont forget the added command racial that affects spirit wolves. For enh orc is by far the best race in the game.

As others have said, orc is the best Enh race by a wide margin. That being said, to answer your question: Race is only a minor factor in dps. If you're happy with your Troll(And why wouldn't you be, mon) it's not worth the money to change.
    Baretta M92 Custom Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special
    Starcaller Renzokuken, 80 Dwarf Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken
    As others have said, orc is the best Enh race by a very small margin.
    fixed it.
    granted you acknowledge how little race matters, but still, that's basically contradicting yourself.

that said it is tangible.

but on the other hand I'm regenerating 5 hp per second and there's nothing you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbwarriordx

but on the other hand I'm regenerating 5 hp per second and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Son of a bitch...

Do a faction change to alliance because there's only one shaman race there so you won't have any problems picking :P

Orcs = Sexay nuff said.

Blizz has made it so if you want to truly squeeze every ounce of potential out of your enhance shaman, you go Orc. That said, I just can't do it. I'm far too attached to my Tauren. Orcs are the superior race, but my +2% Nature resist and +15 to herbalism skill are just so useful when swimming in poison trying to pick flowers. From a purely PvE perspective, the +1% hit that draenei bring is pretty useful when working on stat allocation, but that's (imo) overwritten by the fact that they're lolspacegoats with badly voiced Eastern European imitation accents.

enhancers are also doubledipping in their ap/spellpower-klicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalwraith
    Blizz has made it so if you want to truly squeeze every ounce of potential out of your enhance shaman, you go Orc. That said, I just can't do it. I'm far too attached to my Tauren. Orcs are the superior race, but my +2% Nature resist and +15 to herbalism skill are just so useful when swimming in poison trying to pick flowers. From a purely PvE perspective, the +1% hit that draenei bring is pretty useful when working on stat allocation, but that's (imo) overwritten by the fact that they're lolspacegoats with badly voiced Eastern European imitation accents.

Hey, its not our fault blizzard gave us the shittiest race in the game to be shamans. Eventually we will have dwarf shamans, and you shall all be fucking jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Irollmyface

Hey, its not our fault blizzard gave us the shittiest race in the game to be shamans. Eventually we will have dwarf shamans, and you shall all be fucking jealous!
    Even better, dwarf shamans will have mace expertise, and can just group with draenei to get the 1% hit aura anyways.

Of course, that assumes they're still sober enough to stand straight by the time they get to the enemy...

Quote Originally Posted by Irollmyface

Eventually we will have dwarf shamans, and you shall all be fucking jealous!
    Vicious drunken midgets with maces... I'll make sure I wear knee guards.

Or wielding two TANKARDS O' TERROR!