Ridiculous leveling speeds

I was leveling ret but recently swapped to prot to try it out and I have to say that this is ridiculous. In Cata I'll see no point in leveling outside the instances. my only complaint is that the satchels tend to give you crap loads of variations on items. I honestly had 5 plate shoulders at level 36. I'm also leveling with the BoA chest piece, but I honestly won't be spending more emblems at the rate I'm going.

And just FYI I'm getting an average of ~3 seconds on good days and ~26 seconds on the odd day.

Do you think blizz will do something to stop us from just running instances to level come cata?
    1. You're reading my comment
    2. Now you're saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
    4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
    5. You're checking it now.
    6. You're smiling.
    7. You're still reading my comment.
    8. You know all you have read is true.
    10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
    11. You're checking it now.
    12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts

Re: Ridiculous leveling speeds

the xp is only good until about level 60-65, then you're just better off questing...

No lansworthy he is saying he is getting the queue for instances that quick.. I am a prot pally and for heroics I've never waited for more then 30 seconds

15+ Year Old Account

even with the xp from mobs and the xp bonus from the random it is usually less than the amount for killing mobs for a quest then turning a quest in. ex: the bonus for the random is 16k and might take an hour. the xp for a quest might be 20k+ and could take 10min (amounts are at about 73 level range).

Unless you have a geared+specced groups that outgear the instance enugh to never stop pulling large packs and aoe them down quick OR you have quest in the instance then solo questing is almost always going to be higher xp/hour then straight instance running.

Also would should you not be allowed to run straight instances? Its your choices and its not like you get free lvls for every instance. Its no diffrent then grinding just with a group. And as I said before no faster then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazhr
    Unless you have a geared+specced groups that outgear the instance enugh to never stop pulling large packs and aoe them down quick OR you have quest in the instance then solo questing is almost always going to be higher xp/hour then straight instance running.

Also would should you not be allowed to run straight instances? Its your choices and its not like you get free lvls for every instance. Its no diffrent then grinding just with a group. And as I said before no faster then anything else.
    Leveling my druid, now 43 I have run into almost all great tanks who ain't afraid to pull 10 mobs and AoE, unlike the old days (Vanilla) where we would take each group seperately and it'd actually be a challenge sometimes hehe. Improved talent trees, heirloom gear and reduced amount of exp needed make dungeon farming very comparable to questing.

Just did a RFD run, 7 bars in 30 minutes >.< Very nice

Edit: But I do also see it not being comparable to questing 60+ due to the exponential amount of exp needed.

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldnt call it ridiculous.... I've finally got round to leveling my pally, im Ret/Prot dualspec, and get a good mix of tanking and DPSing in dungeons, for 15-45 I just stood next to the trainer and hit a random dungeon. after 45 though, wait times went up a bit, even with queueing as a tank/dps. So started questing, inbetween. im 56 now, and averaging about an hour per level.

Theres no reason to restrict people from being able to sit and queue for as many random dungeons/heroics. As is implied, it's a tool, all it does it potentally speed up the time it takes to find a group to do instances, it doesnt complete them for you.

@ Djinni geez an hour a level, maybe I oughta respec feral tank >.<

Like folks have said, once you hit that spot where you've got good quest density without having to go across the world to do anything it'll slow down.

Now it takes me a while to find groups that I'm 72, but fortunately I was able to afford dual spec so I rock whatever I like.

/I do miss Art of War & Seal of Command something fierce while tanking though.

I started a druid as feral and got to 80 in little less than 2 weeks. I tanked my way to 60 then slowed down and semi stopped instancing since it got a little inefficient. the same for 70-80.It goes a lot faster as tank since u can control the pace, also i could just inervate the healer to keep from stopping.

I'd imagine it can be done a lot faster by anyone if they wanted to rush. I kept at a semi-decent pace and didnt all together burn out on trying to level in the fastest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Np3228
    I started a druid as feral and got to 80 in little less than 2 weeks. I tanked my way to 60 then slowed down and semi stopped instancing since it got a little inefficient. the same for 70-80.It goes a lot faster as tank since u can control the pace, also i could just inervate the healer to keep from stopping.

I'd imagine it can be done a lot faster by anyone if they wanted to rush. I kept at a semi-decent pace and didnt all together burn out on trying to level in the fastest way.
    I also leveled one of my druids as feral (ive lvled 3...don't ask why lol). The big difference is that once I hit northrend I AoE farmed my way through quests, it took me just over 3 days to hit 80. Having flight form early on made questing a lot easier then other classes especially when it came to gathering quests like the ones in hellfire for zeppelin parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus
    We are battling big ass dragons, huge fire elementals, gone mad paladins and you worry about something small like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay
    Leveling my druid, now 43 I have run into almost all great tanks who ain't afraid to pull 10 mobs and AoE, unlike the old days (Vanilla) where we would take each group seperately and it'd actually be a challenge sometimes hehe. Improved talent trees, heirloom gear and reduced amount of exp needed make dungeon farming very comparable to questing.
    Exactly, the heirloom gear helps a tonne, recently been levelling a prot pally from 20, doing SM with Boa chest shoulders and weapon is just ridiculous the healer kept complaining he had nothing to do :P.

And if you manage to get a full group with heirlooms (got a warlock, rogue, warrior, priest healer and me all in full BoA) you clear so quickly with minimal effort
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    The polymorph turtle doesn't walk slower than the polymorph sheep. It's just a bit less likely to be hit on by a welshman

after about level 65 it's usually quicker to just quest as a dps spec, but props to you for levelling how you want to and not just conforming to the levelling as dps crowd.

i myself plan on levelling my gnome priest in cataclysm as discipline, although I am doing it RAF with my bro who's levelling his gnome priest as shadow, so it's not too bad.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

The more level we have to do the easier it must get to reach the maximum level...that's a must.

I'm 72 with my Warrior, I went from 60 to 70 in 17 hours of play and I've done ZERO quests in Shadowmoon, Nagrand, Netherstorm and Zangarmarsh.

I am thinking the same think for my druid. He is on a server where I am leveling a rerolled mage, so dont have the gold to buy him dual spec, but if you spec your druid feral and resto you will be finding groups in seconds and will never see the outside of your city all the way to 60, when questing becomes faster.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

I levelled my priest from 75-80 in less than a week by queuing up as a healer and questing in shadow spec in between. Queue times were really short, ~30 seconds-5 minutes usually. With a full rested bar and the heirlooms, it was much faster for me to use dungeons rather than quests, also considering that I can usually do dungeons for a much longer time than quests since I get bored.

Queuing up as a healer definitely has good results, at least on my battlegroup.

I will powerlevel my Mainchar only through questing, because I don't want to lose time with instances, nobody knows/ are bugged. I will try them out with my several alts.